STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Pause

Had 1 try and be like this to me at work. I'm like can u bust out 50 push up right here & now

🤔🧐 some would say women tend to have better form than men, as women generally don’t ego lift or lift for strength & as such focus much more on form

is your place abundant of that?

I don't know, I hate Fats and Weaks so I notice them more than most folks prolly do.

I have a female co-worker that is correcting my form. she also lifts weights, also she has an attitude and sort of "I know everything". but anyways, I let her talk and say thank you otherwise she wouldn't stop.

Unless your coworker is She-Hulk, I woulda just ignored her and told her I wasn't interested.

I don't take lifting advice from folks that are weaker than I am.

🤔🧐 some would say women tend to have better form than men, as women generally don’t ego lift or lift for strength & as such focus much more on form

Not what I see from my experience. They ego lift, they just do it in a different way. Anyone loading up 4 plates to hip thrust 2 inches is definitely ego lifting in my book.

Women that don't PL ain't who I'd be taking form tips from:

- Most don't pause their bench press if they bench at all.

- Lotta women ain't taking their squats to depth, so I still consider that ego lifting.

- I rarely see them barbell row, overhead press, incline bench, or front squat either. If you don't hit a lift with any regularity, how good is your form gonna actually be?

Not what I see from my experience. They ego lift, they just do it in a different way. Anyone loading up 4 plates to hip thrust 2 inches is definitely ego lifting in my book.

Women that don't PL ain't who I'd be taking form tips from:

- Most don't pause their bench press if they bench at all.

- Lotta women ain't taking their squats to depth, so I still consider that ego lifting.

- I rarely see them barbell row, overhead press, incline bench, or front squat either. If you don't hit a lift with any regularity, how good is your form gonna actually be?

sure there are many caveats & there definitely are ways that women also ego lift, most folks that aren’t super experienced or aren’t competitive don’t have great form generally (i know i don’t 😮‍💨) but it’s something i’ve overheard trainers say in regards to the difference in training men & women, that women are both more receptive to instructions on form & more readily take said correction/direction than do men

that women are both more receptive to instructions on form & more readily take said correction/direction than do men
I could see that from my experience with training folks.
ehh3.png

what do you think of this?

Actually not ego lifting if it's within her federation's rules.
manny.png

Anybody that isn't giving themselves any (legal) advantage to be competitive and win is competing on hard mode for no reason.

When they rewrite the record books and give out hardware for the winners, they never put your ROM in ink or on the trophy.
ufdup.png

Actually not ego lifting if it's within her federation's rules.
manny.png

Anybody that isn't giving themselves any (legal) advantage to be competitive and win is competing on hard mode for no reason.

When they rewrite the record books and give out hardware for the winners, they never put your ROM in ink or on the trophy.
ufdup.png
I guess that is a mighty impressive form in their federation rules. but who are we to judge?

I guess that is a mighty impressive form in their federation rules. but who are we to judge?

Some PLing federations have modified their rules to ban such extreme arches from competition. In some federations that's still legal.
ehh3.png

Increasing the excessiveness of the arch decreases the ROM, allowing her to lift more weight...in competition.

I personally don't consider any powerlifter in competition to be ego lifting; their very sport and possibly livelihood is based around lifting the most weight possible.
manny.png

Increasing the excessiveness of the arch decreases the ROM, allowing her to lift more weight...in competition.

this is my thoughts exactly. although I've seen quite a few influencers trying to justiffy arches (possibly the extreme kind) that it activates the lats but is that the only thing that one that needs to be activated. if they think that raising a 300 lb. weight a fist higher in an anchored position is an achievement, is there even a conditioning or getting in shape benefit to it?

on the otherhand, I understand that some of these powerlifters rely on this sport for their livelihood and would do gimmicks everyday to get some views.

this is my thoughts exactly. although I've seen quite a few influencers trying to justiffy arches (possibly the extreme kind) that it activates the lats but is that the only thing that one that needs to be activated. if they think that raising a 300 lb. weight a fist higher in an anchored position is an achievement, is there even a conditioning or getting in shape benefit to it?

on the otherhand, I understand that some of these powerlifters rely on this sport for their livelihood and would do gimmicks everyday to get some views.

pulled 600 sumo, these lifting straps really make pulls so much easier…messed up on the math & put 630 instead of 615 but i was able to get it off the floor 😤

took the powdered preworkout too but i mixed with my usual intra workout drink of collagen protein/clear whey/creatine/citrulline that i drink through out the session so the effect was blunted a bit

Back
Top Bottom