STEEL CITY (Pittsburgh) NT'ers STAND UP!!!

Was down bsing with the workers at social status and they still had some sizes in the Carolina 3s from Saturday. Looked ok in person, I couldn't bring myself to buy/wear still.

Does anyone know finish lines return policy for not having a receipt?

Last edited:
Was down bsing with the workers at social status and they still had some sizes in the Carolina 3s from Saturday. Looked ok in person, I couldn't bring myself to buy/wear still.

Well, there's nothing specific for not having a receipt; however, this is what the Finishline customer service site has to say:

Might give you an idea of what they are looking for.
In most cases, merchandise may be returned at any Finish Line store location within 45 days of the original purchase as long as it meets the following requirements:
• You must bring your original packing slip.
• The credit card used for the original purchase must be presented. Orders placed using a gift card will be refunded with a new gift card in the amount of the refund. (Orders placed   using debit cards will not be refunded for cash.)
• Footwear items must be returned in their original box, and apparel items must have the tags unless problems in manufacturing exist.
• You will also be required to present a valid photo ID* that will be recorded at the time of the return. Information from your ID will be retained in a company-wide database of       customer return activity that Finish Line and its affiliates use to authorize in-store returns. We reserve the right to limit returns or exchanges in our stores regardless of receipt or   packing slip.

*Acceptable forms of ID: U.S. or Canadian Driver's License, U.S. State ID, Canadian Province ID, U.S. Military ID, Mexican Voter Registration Card, or Passport.

Where is that place?

Decent sizes of AvM XI's up on sole haven for 150 shipped on sole haven using code GBFP9D6

I've never set foot in there with all that has been said about them
Can you share what it is that you've heard?

There are 4 releases I want BADLY this year, and I havent bought numbered Jordans since the OGs in 1991. Just trying to get a feel for where I might want to go on release days, the more I know about local sneaker places the better. 

A good majority of the discussion happened in this thread, and there was even an employee for social status that was a member that confirmed their practices.
1. They favor d-boys. They come in with cash, buy everything, and they give them seniority when releases come in. So when they receive say 36 pairs, x amount go to the cash cows and the remaining go to general public like you and I
2. When they do raffle tickets for a release, they require you to spend a certain amount in store before they let you enter your name. I'm almost positive this is illegal.
3. Customer service is ****.
I don't remember the other stuff, but that's a general summary. I've never been there but I have heard these things from multiple different sources.. here on nt, Pittsburgh Facebook groups, local dudes I meet in line at release, people I've sold shoes to, ect.

If you go there and get a release, more power to ya, but I don't plan to give my money to someone that does business like this. Regardless of what they get.

Last edited:
A good majority of the discussion happened in this thread, and there was even an employee for social status that was a member that confirmed their practices.
1. They favor d-boys. They come in with cash, buy everything, and they give them seniority when releases come in. So when they receive say 36 pairs, x amount go to the cash cows and the remaining go to general public like you and I
2. When they do raffle tickets for a release, they require you to spend a certain amount in store before they let you enter your name. I'm almost positive this is illegal.
3. Customer service is ****.
I don't remember the other stuff, but that's a general summary. I've never been there but I have heard these things from multiple different sources.. here on nt, Pittsburgh Facebook groups, local dudes I meet in line at release, people I've sold shoes to, ect.

If you go there and get a release, more power to ya, but I don't plan to give my money to someone that does business like this. Regardless of what they get.
Appreciated. I definitely wont be spending any money there. 

Any tips on where the best places are for releases? I'm very close to Century II mall and figure that with all the separate stores in there my chances wouldnt be bad at getting a pair. I also thought about Sneaker Villa downtown, wondering if lines down there are bad. 

EDIT: Been reading through previous pages and seeing that downtown sneaker villa has big lines on RDs. Sorry for repetetive questions, over 100 pages is a lot to read through. 

Last edited:
Most stores do raffles now so you don't need to wait in line on RD, you just gotta hope to get lucky. I would just go into your local mall and get tickets from each store. Raffle tickets are usually one week before release, so keep in touch with them when there's an upcoming release you want. Best to get release info in person rather than over the phone. Hope my pointers are helpful

Last edited:
Most stores do raffles now so you don't need to wait in line on RD, you just gotta hope to get lucky. I would just go into your local mall and get tickets from each store. Raffle tickets are usually one week before release, so keep in touch with them when there's an upcoming release you want. Best to get release info in person rather than over the phone. Hope my pointers are helpful
OK, really appreciated. 

I have read through a ton of pages on NT but dont see a clear answer on this one. I apologize if this has also been asked a ton. Does either Grove City or Tanger get the GR retroes on RD? 

OK, really appreciated.

I have read through a ton of pages on NT but dont see a clear answer on this one. I apologize if this has also been asked a ton. Does either Grove City or Tanger get the GR retroes on RD?
Both are outlets and dont get new items. They will on occaison get retro's bgrade releases, but thoes are unannounced

Both are outlets and dont get new items. They will on occaison get retro's bgrade releases, but thoes are unannounced
I knew about the b-grades, and of course I figured they wouldnt get brand new GRs but wasnt totally sure. Appreciate it. 

When it comes to the sig retros, they have different levels of release. If a shoe is a pretty big gr, its gonna show up at your average chain store. The more limited the shoe, the lower down the totem pole it goes. Most anything under a gr is gonna show at Villa and jimmy jazz a close second. Our area is strange. We dont have nearly as many stores as most but you wont see crazy lines and huge demand either. For example bred 1s. High demand shoe, anyone in the thread with me is from either NY or west coast and dealing with late night camp outs at multiple places including the mom and pops. I got down to Villa around 9 or so and was 6 in line for a ticket given out at 12. Just know that whatever u want its not impossible but pick a spot and hit it early. You will have to stand in line. Just remember early bird catches the worm.

Last edited:
When it comes to the sig retros, they have different levels of release. If a shoe is a pretty big gr, its gonna show up at your average chain store. The more limited the shoe, the lower down the totem pole it goes. Most anything under a gr is gonna show at Villa and jimmy jazz a close second. Our area is strange. We dont have nearly as many stores as most but you wont see crazy lines and huge demand either. For example bred 1s. High demand shoe, anyone in the thread with me is from either NY or west coast and dealing with late night camp outs at multiple places including the mom and pops. I got down to Villa around 9 or so and was 6 in line for a ticket given out at 12. Just know that whatever u want its not impossible but pick a spot and hit it early. You will have to stand in line. Just remember early bird catches the worm.
Well, I know the Carmines and the black/infrared VIs are going to have pretty high demand. And they're also the 2 I want most this year (I wore the OGs in high school, and the nostalgia for them is just huge for me. Plus IMO the infrareds are the best looking shoe ever made). 

I dont mind waiting in line at all, but being out of it for so long I really have no idea what to expect. I have heard of some real chaotic stuff happening during the wait for some of these and honestly just dont want any of that. Also looking for the sport blues, basically all of the OG CWs of the VIs. 

Just hoping to be able to show up, wait for a little while, go in, buy the pair I want and go home without the worry of either confrontation or wasting my time and not being able to get the shoe. 

Also, good to know about JJ. Sounds like Monroeville mall can get pretty crowded based on what I read in this thread, but out of anyone I'd actually like to go to that JJ's. I've made a few buys from them and the guy in there is super cool. I just kinda like that particular store. 

Also, good to know about JJ. Sounds like Monroeville mall can get pretty crowded based on what I read in this thread, but out of anyone I'd actually like to go to that JJ's. I've made a few buys from them and the guy in there is super cool. I just kinda like that particular store. 
Make a solid connect and your good.

Make a solid connect and your good.
Oh, I doubt he'd remember me. We BSed for a little while last time I was in there, I bought the Dee Browns from there (which, I know I mentioned back somewhere else in this thread but they're a great shoe. Excellent quality and really comfortable. super nostalgic too) and he thought I was funny cause I was all nostalgic for 'em. Bought a pair of flights from there too but not near enough to consider him a hookup or even expect that he'd remember me. He's just a cool guy. 

And since they were mentioned, even though it's NT I figure they deserve another post. I get so many looks and grins and compliments when I wear these. 

Nice. I remember those gettin blown out on clearance back in the day. Those days it wasnt cause no one wanted em but more that they made so much. Something goes viral they just pump em out. No pun intended. Either way its a good start to nab a release or 2 at times maybe.

Do these look like ds to everyone? Box arrives dented and torn but at least it was wrapped

Nice. I remember those gettin blown out on clearance back in the day. Those days it wasnt cause no one wanted em but more that they made so much. Something goes viral they just pump em out. No pun intended. Either way its a good start to nab a release or 2 at times maybe.
Was it these or are you maybe thinkin of the Twilight Zones? 

I know I saw twilight Zones sitting at outlets for a while last time they released. They released the Dee Browns again since I bought these and I know they sold out pretty fast. 

I miss the days when we could just walk into a shoe store, try on any shoe we wanted and pay a reasonable price. I never worried about release days when I was young, just walked in days or weeks after and bought what I wanted. 

I still kick myself for not saving all those OGs. I took good care of them too. They'd look great still today if I hadnt just left 'em at my moms when I moved out. (Except the grapes which I wore more than anything, they had some scuffs and yellowing. I'd still love to have them back)

Might be. Wilkins wore those twilights right? So many pumps back in the day. dee brown blew it up though. i was just a noob in highschool at that point.

Do these look like ds to everyone? Box arrives dented and torn but at least it was wrapped
No. I just sold a pair of the black ones recently. Ds and they didnt look like that. There is def creasing there but its always tough with an older shoe since you dont know how its stored. A 1 can be easily creased from the factory even but these 2011s, no. Pretty thick layered shoe to juat crease naturally.

Last edited:
those are definitely worn, just been taken care of. I'm sure he cleaned up the sole real nice. any sock lint or fur/hair inside the shoe? thats always an easy way to tell

i remember when i went to villa wood street for the bred 11 restock, it was my first release here n pgh. i was the 3rd person in line at about 10:30 in the morning
been nothing like that ever since tho!!

Back
Top Bottom