Stencil Tag Inside Tongue

Originally Posted by veGAtts

^ the 5 tongue cant be folded over like the 4s so no reason to make it upside down. Not much of a reason for it at all for that matter.

thats why they changed it in 1999

Originally Posted by NJstress03

Originally Posted by 9 deuce gt

Originally Posted by s dubl

Vs right side up.
This may be true on the retros, but on the originals the tag was upside down on the V's as well.

i didnt know that, would any1 happen to have a pic of this?
Here's a pic from an OG Grape-Emerald Ice (obviously not my pic):

1df355d9ed03832420ee4198f8cec35a8878295.pjpg

And a bonus for comparison:
d3d35846e8b98e8f29c54149f10d842620b4181.pjpg

"Back in the day it was cool to wear the tongues of your shoes in front of your pants, or it couldn't be helped because these were the days before"BAGGY". Much similar to Money's taunt of sticking out his tongue as he goes for a dunk or lay-up, sometimes your shoe tongue would stick out somuch they're end up flipping over! Thus, the upside down "Air Jordan" label was right side up when the tongue is fully flipped forward."

interesting, i thought of tht reason to make it upside down b4 i read this,
but now i really wnt to c some old pic, how 80s' ppl wearing em tongue hang out and flipped... very interesting, just knew there was a trend

so i got a question for ppl readin this forum, would u prefer the retro V to have the flat tounge with the air jordan upside down like the OG? or are u contentwith it as it is now? and wats your reason?

still wanna see pics, anyone that has some of these try em on and snap some pics

and for us to compare the old tongue to the new one, would really require owning both pairs, so i cant speak on that

i don't remember seeing anyone with jordan tongues flipped. i do remember that w/ adidas.

jb nazis
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Being that you can't really see the tag on the back side of the tounge, I really don't think it matters much, (unless you try to flip the tounge down,which I don't think looks very good). But it is always nice if the shoe has all of the OG styling.

As far as the falt tounge, what do you mean? I think the tounge is really close to the OG shape, and that pic is kind of misleading. When the tounge is"inside" of the shoes collar, it looks like the Retro version.

7883591ce993856d20024d09f1c5784580f5914.pjpg

Here's another pic that shows how the OG tounge folded when the tounge was "inside" the uppers collar:
(not my pic)
3bc15fec822c49f8842e91dfb626bd2e605be25.pjpg

^ ma bad. that 1st pic was kinda misleading. it looked like the OG tounge was flat kinda like the IV's. so i guess i should rephrase my question. OG toungeor retro? and why? me personally, i think the OG would be better jus cuz thas how it was meant to be. i wont be upset about it tho like some ppl are over thenike air and jumpman being on the back of certain jays.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Back in the 80's people used to rock their jeans with their tongues hanging out face-down...

...So Nike made it a style to produce them upside down so it would show AIR JORDAN right-side up.

wooow. i thought people only did this with chucks

Back
Top Bottom