Steph Curry is the Greatest Basketball Player of All Time

Discuss the topic at hand. Add something constructive to this discussion. If you have anything to contribute.

I will wait.......

I understand what you're saying, and I'd agree - but it doesn't really matter after 'he can shoot better'

He's using the 3pt line to his advantage like no player ever - not even close - and it's producing this. He can dominate a game while not even taking a step inside of 23 feet on either end of the court if he really felt like it. I don't know about all these 'best ever'...'most skilled ever' - but he damn sure is the biggest anomaly ever in basketball. He takes horrific shots, cuts off his team's offense and none of it matters, he should do what he does. It is wild.

Pretty much...

We've never seen anything like this on an NBA basketball court

I'm just gonna enjoy watching dude's run and worry about rankings and comparisons when he's done

Jordan and Kobe were also able to bully their opposition with their size and sheer athleticism. Steph is able to make a great defender like Russell Westbrook look like dog **** only because his otherworldly shooting ability in all aspects, ridiculous ball handle, and exceptional court vision/passing ability. This man can't be defended by anyone and will get his shot off wherever and whenever he wants. Dude made Kawhi Leonard his ***** last time they played like who's doing that **** ?
But, them having the ability to use athleticism doesn't take away from their overall skill level.

Again, as I said before, those positions and how they scored are different. So to say one is greater than the other, how can you measure that?

Because the level of footwork that Jordan and ESPECIALLY Kobe show in the post can be compared to anything Steph can do (IF you want to compare, which we shouldn't really do).

It goes back to the point I was making vs. @DCMADE  , you can't say someone with an Elite skills does their Elite skill better than someone else with a different Elite skill.
I'm just gonna enjoy watching dude's run and worry about rankings and comparisons when he's done
Exactly. No need for that right now. Let that man's career ride out

Last edited:
how will 2k even implement his range in the game?

like videogames now gotta catch up to real life 
laugh.gif

will he get like a 105 3pt rating?

Russ is classic "look at me" defense. :lol:

He's easily fooled, way too jumpy, overplays guys initial move and then gets beat, and then to top it all off he gambles way too much off the ball.

Russ is closer to below average than he is to great.

MJ, Kareem, Magic, Bird, Kobe etc. >>>>>>>> Curry.
Why?
Because those legends proved that they played high level basketball almost in their whole career and not just one season.
You hype Curry now like people hyped Lebron in 2012-2014.
When he fails the sh*tstorm will be quite awkward.
Better just enjoy the game and wait how he finishes his career. His first 5 seasons were ok/good but not on Superstar level like this year.

Russ is classic "look at me" defense.
laugh.gif

He's easily fooled, way too jumpy, overplays guys initial move and then gets beat, and then to top it all off he gambles way too much off the ball.

Russ is closer to below average than he is to great.
Yea, he doesn't have the discipline to be considered anywhere near GREAT on the ball. Consistency is the main reason for that.

Of course, much of that is due to his large role on the other end. I would like to believe if that was strictly his role, he wouldn't be so damn wreckless on the defensive end

Jordan's the best I've ever seen in my lifetime. However, Steph is the most lethal shooter I've ever seen. Dude pulls up from anywhere past half court and lets that shot go, with or without a followthrough. It's crazy. Unbelievably surreal. Dude also has quick handles and can and will drive to the basket with either hand. :x

But, them having the ability to use athleticism doesn't take away from their overall skill level.

Again, as I said before, those positions and how they scored are different. So to say one is greater than the other, how can you measure that?

Because the level of footwork that Jordan and ESPECIALLY Kobe show in the post can be compared to anything Steph can do (IF you want to compare, which we shouldn't really do).

It goes back to the point I was making vs. @DCMADE
 , you can't say someone with an Elite skills does their Elite skill better than someone else with a different Elite skill.

Exactly. No need for that right now. Let that man's career ride out

This.
Only time will tell where Curry belongs in the HoF ranking.
I think some young fans and especially the NBA itself wants to promote current players as new greats to avoid people sticking to past Superstars.
But when i watch NBA games nowadays it's more show than substance. They changed the rules to allow easy scoring and punish any physical defensive plays.
It's just spectacular but boring as the drive in dunks almost look like Scripted plays (bad team defense and not going hard to block). Back then it was something you have to fight to get that dunk.

Last edited:
Y'all dudes in this back in my day rhetoric kill me :lol:

The dunks looks like that because the league has never had this quality of athlete before

what's most amazing is he does it in those Payless looking sneakers

Agree 100%

Only people buying them must live in the area.

You should look in the other brands section then. Some of the colorways aren't bad and a lot are buying them for performance. I'd buy a few pairs if I still played basketball. Way better priced than kobe's sneakers.

Last edited:
Why can't people just enjoy what they're watching? Steph might not even be the best shooter of all time. No way in hell is he the greatest of all time. Guy is playing on a great team. I never hear any backlash for all the bad shot he takes and misses. It's exciting and fun to watch but there's a lot of bad basketball being played. It's funny as hell. I knew this morning, people would be calling him the GOAT and ****. Let him do this for the next 5-6 years. Then say it.

Mad kids wear his shoes. I went to a few middle school and AAU games this week. Saw mad UA shoes. They're garbage but affordable.

Last edited:
Why can't people just enjoy what they're watching? Steph might not even be the best shooter of all time. No way in hell is he the greatest of all time. Guy is playing on a great team. I never hear any backlash for all the bad shot he takes and misses. It's exciting and fun to watch but there's a lot of bad basketball being played. It's funny as hell. I knew this morning, people would be calling him the GOAT and ****. Let him do this for the next 5-6 years. Then say it.

Mad kids wear his shoes. I went to a few middle school and AAU games this week. Saw mad UA shoes. They're garbage but affordable.

I posted this on IG

View media item 1931202

I'm not an avid NBA fan by any means but Curry is a must-watch whenever he is on.

If an NBA 2K player could have a 100 rating (in shooting, at least) he would be it.

Last edited:
Without a doubt, he's one of the best I've ever seen. I just don't see it necessary to be so quick to label anyone the greatest anything. That **** takes time. Different era, different players and different rules. Nowadays if you call someone a top 5 shooter and not the best, it's hate or an insult.

Back
Top Bottom