Stephen A. Smith Apologizes about Domestic Violence Views

fontaine

Banned
Bro...

I seriously have no problem with what he said..

I've showed 3 women what he said and they said "what's he apologizing for?"

SAS needs to get to HBO... Because Disney was the one who stepped in fixed it...

What he said:

Stephen A Smith to Women: ‘Don’t Do Anything to P…:

His apology

Stephen A. Smith Apology:

He didn't say anything wrong to begin with.

Probably wasn't the best choice of words considering how overly PC and sensitive today's society is though.

That was stupid and he shouldn't have had to apologize. He made a similar statement before and didn't have to make an apology. Doesn't matter if you're a man or woman, if you do something to antagonize someone then they might hit you. Not saying it's right or wrong but getting hit is a possible outcome.

Shouldnt have had to apologize
Could have worded his initial statement better, but I understood his point.
Everyone just needs to keep their hands to themselves

That was stupid and he shouldn't have had to apologize. He made a similar statement before and didn't have to make an apology. Doesn't matter if you're a man or woman, if you do something to antagonize someone then they might hit you. Not saying it's right or wrong but getting hit is a possible outcome.

Come cuddle with a real N and leave them chumps alone.

No suxh thing as free speech if the media is going to crucify you for everyone else having low verbal comprehension skills.

This.

I wouldn't hit an 11 year old child despite them being disrespectful and possibly physical because they don't know what their doing and the maturity level isn't there. (Remember some kids that age are pretty big and might be stronger then a grown woman if its a big 11 year old)

I got enough restraint not to hit a disrespectful woman or even a smaller grown man who I'm way bigger then, but I can't blame others who would hit them because a grow adult knows right from wrong and knows what their doing by trying to provoke a situation, and in the cases of some females, they act a reckless irrational way and hide behind the fact that society says a man shouldn't hit a woman under any circumstances and if a man doesn't play by that, they cry foul over something they caused and provoked. For their own good, they shouldn't rely on that unwritten rule because not every man in this world plays by it.

He said absolutely nothing wrong. Michelle Beadle made it bigger than what it should have been when she spun it into a rape thing.

Both men and women should keep hands to themselves. Something that needs to be taught early instead of don't hit girls. Don't hit anyone.

embrace debate :lol:

but seriously, espn made stephen a. in the end it's about a paycheck. he'd still be writing for philly inquirer if it wasnt for the break they gave him

He said absolutely nothing wrong. Michelle Beadle made it bigger than what it should have been when she spun it into a rape thing.

beadle overreacts over everything. Always wants people to apologize for something.

I'm glad tnt doesn't make the Inside The NBA crew apologize for not being pc, they'd have to apologize every show.

Catching the re-run right now as usual. Missed Friday's episode so was out of the loop with this. I was thrown off when I tuned in to the start, and was met with his apology.

Shouldnt have had to apologize
Could have worded his initial statement better, but I understood his point.
Everyone just needs to keep their hands to themselves

He had to only because of the network and the sensitive *** delusional people out there who want to make a fuss. They don't want to hear the truth, and that is exactly what you guys said. It doesn't matter if male or female, don't put hands on another person and don't antagonize them and you wont have to worry about retaliation.

Too many females thrive on that, knowing the guy won't touch them because he is more afraid of catching a domestic violence case. Some of them even take it further when the dude doesn't react. Destroying personal property in addition to putting hands on them and snapping in their face. In life we get what we give, and if that is what you are giving then be prepared. No sympathy for them.

I only feel for the real victims caught with a guy who is a straight up animal.

What Stephen A Smith said is what every parent usually tells their children growing up. Don't start nothing, won't be nothing.

Isn't part of this Michelle Bealle or however you say her last name fault for making it a bigger issue. I don't like her.

No suxh thing as free speech if the media is going to crucify you for everyone else having low verbal comprehension skills.

Pretty much. At least on Sirius, he can rant all he wants with no repercussions. Dr Lora Schlesinger did the same during her N word controversy.

Why was this being discussed on First Take anyway?

Haven't watched since Khaled made a fool of himself during the Finals.

Great thread.

Been meaning to vent about this. First off done rocking with Steve. Let himself be neutered smh

How do you want gender equality but its litterally an offense pubishable by public ridicule to say a man can be provoked by a woman.its as if it doesnt matter what she did to him in a confined space he was INCAPABLE of escaping atm. If he open hand mushed her she fell n hit her head theud still want his hide. The double standards are sickening. Had we never seen the vid there would be none of this outcry. Haven't heard Spitttt about Greg Hardy. Ppl jus loveee to play judge n juror.

Last edited:
Why was this being discussed on First Take anyway?

Haven't watched since Khaled made a fool of himself during the Finals.

Ray Rice...RB for the Baltimore Ravens received a 2 game suspension for hitting his wife and knocking her unconscious. No criminal charges were filed

Back
Top Bottom