Stereotypes/Prejudices that have worked in your favor?

Generally speaking stereotypes and prejudices have a negative aspect to them. With that said has it every worked in your favor?
Be it body type, religion, race, ethnicity, geographical etc.

laugh.gif
I can't say that it has.
Spoiler [+]
Well... folks may have thought twice about trying me because of the fact that i'm a fairly large brotha (pause)... would that count?

I went to a high school that was majority black. (I'm hispanic) I was one of 4 hispanic/white dudes on the football team. So I gained crazy popularity through the school because I was different, but still considered part of the "in-crowd".

women want to see if its true
devil.gif

but then they ask for pics and later are no longer interested
tired.gif

bruh im dark skinned. i cant say that my skin color has ever helped me out in any way.

unless you count white folk clutching items as i pass them
30t6p3b.gif

feelsbadmane

In college I was in decent shape and black. Almost every party I went to people would hand me a drink, then ask "what sport do you play." While annoying and racist I enjoyed having shots of patron, goose, etc. than the jungle juice everyone else way drinking.

I use to always get picked to play ball, then dudes saw how bad I was an were
mad.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Back when I lived with my folks I'd meet a girl and when I told her my parents have been married for 20+ yrs, live in a brownstone in harlem, all my siblings were college educated & gainfully employed, they were ready to give up the buns off that alone lol
so i guess the stereotypical young black dude from a single parent home living in the pj's with jailbird brothers worked in my favor

Originally Posted by SoVerSoTowel

bruh im dark skinned. i cant say that my skin color has ever helped me out in any way.

30t6p3b.gif

feelsbadmane
embrace it 
devil.gif

nut people find it had to believe that taking AP Statistics in my senior year cause of my complexion 
ohwell.gif

Does affirmative action count? I've been told it's the reason I got into a lotta my schools
30t6p3b.gif
sometimes I wonder if true but others say 'who cares? You got in that's all that matters.' *shrug*

Originally Posted by RetroSan

nut people find it had to believe that taking AP Statistics in my senior year cause of my complexion 
ohwell.gif
i find it had to believe you passed engrish
laugh.gif

Well I've had the "I've never been with a black guy before" line used on me plenty of times. Can't say that I've ever
been mad or had any complaints about that though.

Originally Posted by wcghost

ohwell.gif
i find it had to believe you passed engrish
laugh.gif

lol dont judge me bro

People don't eff with me because apparently they believe I have bombs with me wherever I go. So, I've never been bullied/hassled.

Since my bestfriend is Asian, every time we pick up my other friend she's not allowed to drive
happy.gif
LMAO because she gets paranoid
so I get to drive her Range Rover :DDDD LOL

oh hell ya.

i get more opportunities. when the cops pull me over i get let go right away. i get paid way more at work. i can get better jobs. i skip to the head of the line at the grocery store. i get cars for cheaper. i can play golf with my cronies. i get better service at restaurants. i don't get kicked out of bars or clubs. the list just goes on and on. life is much better when your white.

this is ridiculous.
if slavery and or racism was a family tree. African-Americans would be the baby brother: last one born, and the one who needs the most attention. maybe you didn't realize that there was another 1,000+ years of slavery and genocide long before North American settlers decided to keep it rolling.

i'm not black if that matters.

wouldn't say it worked in my favor but a story that relates to the topic.

I was at a party a couple weeks ago where I was pretty much the only black person there for a while and that damn wobble song came on and its like everybody's attention turned to me expecting me to back it up.

30t6p3b.gif

feelsbadmane
embrace it 
devil.gif

ohwell.gif

thanks i guess
pimp.gif

On the basketball court.  Even though I'm 6'7" and played a little college ball, I'm usually not picked up very quickly for games.  But I can play inside/outside, pass, and shoot. I used to be able to jump, but I'm 40 now. 
wink.gif

18956366.jpg
n699090404_4762669_9088.jpg

30t6p3b.gif

feelsbadmane
ninjahood would be proud

Originally Posted by jm2000

30t6p3b.gif

feelsbadmane
ninjahood would be proud

I see it pal.

Originally Posted by cbtcGURU

Generally speaking stereotypes and prejudices have a negative aspect to them.
We focus more on the negative ones, so it only seems like there are more negative ones. It's also almost impossible to quantify stereotypes.

Back
Top Bottom