Stereotypes/Prejudices that have worked in your favor?

Originally Posted by xanadu one

oh hell ya.

i get more opportunities. when the cops pull me over i get let go right away. i get paid way more at work. i can get better jobs. i skip to the head of the line at the grocery store. i get cars for cheaper. i can play golf with my cronies. i get better service at restaurants. i don't get kicked out of bars or clubs. the list just goes on and on. life is much better when your white.

this is ridiculous.
if slavery and or racism was a family tree. African-Americans would be the baby brother: last one born, and the one who needs the most attention. maybe you didn't realize that there was another 1,000+ years of slavery and genocide long before North American settlers decided to keep it rolling.

i'm not black if that matters.

What?

My skin color has worked in my favor in every way I can think of. I think it's wrong but at the same time I didn't decline to put my race on my college apps or SAT info. Being black/latina and trilingual has been a blessing to say the least.

*edit
This was more in response to the guy who said his dark skin hasn't helped him than it was a response to the thread as a whole
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Long hair: people clutch their stuff

short hair: people clutch their stuff

okay.jpg
$%%#%%% THIS. Fade? They scared. Dreads? They're still scared AND they look directly into my eyes to see how red they are. Having dreads has gotten me some great connects just based off people seeing me and saying "yo, you burn?"

But damn, I'm Drake skinned and wear tie dye and cut off shorts. Why are white people scared of me
laugh.gif

I like the apprehensive, "sorta want" stares though. That's the first step to success. I've also been used just to make fathers mad in the past.

imokaywiththis.jpg

Originally Posted by CWK

On the basketball court.  Even though I'm 6'7" and played a little college ball, I'm usually not picked up very quickly for games.  But I can play inside/outside, pass, and shoot. I used to be able to jump, but I'm 40 now. 
wink.gif

18956366.jpg
n699090404_4762669_9088.jpg

we have a 40 year old on NT??? I wonder what's the age of the oldest person
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom