STOCKX / NIKE REVERSE GRINCH BEWARE

i recently purchased a pair of Nike Reverse Grinches from StockX for my son for Christmas. I dont even want to say how much I paid. I also tried to get into the draw but was not selected (just like every time). My son was pumped to get them Christmas morning and has been wearing them to practices and games over the christmas break. After 10 times wearing the shoes the soul is coming apart. I called NIKE and was told since StockX is not an authorized dealer they can do nothing. I then called StockX and was informed that because I took of the bulky green tag on the shoe they could do nothing for me and offrered me a 40.00 credit. StockX apparently expects basketball players to wear the shoe with that green tag hanging off the laces. First off its a safety issue if it falls off it could cause and issue and in our state you are not allowed to wear anything attached to you uniform. The first thing people might say is are they real......I have to expect that StockX varification is real. These shoes were varified. I am out a lot of money and stuck with a pair of shoes my son cannot wear.

In closing NIKE should be aware of defects in thier shoes. They should back thier shoes 100%. NIKE and Stockx have lost my business going forward.

Attachments

• IMG_2289.jpg
    IMG_2289.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 902
i recently purchased a pair of Nike Reverse Grinches from StockX for my son for Christmas. I dont even want to say how much I paid. I also tried to get into the draw but was not selected (just like every time). My son was pumped to get them Christmas morning and has been wearing them to practices and games over the christmas break. After 10 times wearing the shoes the soul is coming apart. I called NIKE and was told since StockX is not an authorized dealer they can do nothing. I then called StockX and was informed that because I took of the bulky green tag on the shoe they could do nothing for me and offrered me a 40.00 credit. StockX apparently expects basketball players to wear the shoe with that green tag hanging off the laces. First off its a safety issue if it falls off it could cause and issue and in our state you are not allowed to wear anything attached to you uniform. The first thing people might say is are they real......I have to expect that StockX varification is real. These shoes were varified. I am out a lot of money and stuck with a pair of shoes my son cannot wear.

In closing NIKE should be aware of defects in thier shoes. They should back thier shoes 100%. NIKE and Stockx have lost my business going forward.
Sorry to hear about that,
If you have to stick with them. The damage doesn’t look terrible , the angelus cement shoe glue works pretty good. In reality it was glue holding it together. They have a ton of tutorials on repair and they should be good to go.

Sorry man but your fault for going through stock-X. You are right, they are no longer able to actually claim that their products are authentic, unfortunately being verified means nothing. How is it Nike’s fault that you more likely bought fakes? Nike has been fighting for this exact reason and won it in court.

With that said, best bet is to file a warranty claim as mentioned. Tell them that you purchased them elsewhere, or received them as a gift. However, they might have gotten more strict about the process due to the attention fakes have been getting.

try that. don't say its from stock x. just bs through the claim.

He got bent over on resell / Nike would give him a $190 voucher at best. Take the $40 credit for sure from StockX - don’t let emotions cloud your judgment - but I really hope you paid with a credit card and not debit or BNPL. Your credit card may offer return protection in the occurrence that the store doesn’t accept the return. You want to contact them and also look up the T&Cs on the card yourself first.

I won some Air Ships from GOAT during Black Friday that were too small but all sales final. My CC refunded the charge when I submitted the claim then I sold them on Mercari a few days later. Good luck OP

You was probably better off getting some high quality UAs especially for balling purposes only you paid way over retail for plastic and synthetic materials but hey its your money

I'm not paying $400 plus for no shoes from scamX GOAT or eBay just for the simple fact UAs are so good now those authenticators can't spot them like that and also people act like it's a school for authenticators to spot real vs fake. They regular people like me and you

Balling in shoes you paid that much for has always been beyond stupid for this exact reason. Easily could happen to authentic pairs and you basically have no equitable recourse.

Back
Top Bottom