Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

shouldnt have bolded the s though...

that's it im never helping you again
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by obie21

thunder - are those yours?? let me cop that la kings one
nerd.gif
Im all out (except for the 1 I kept myself), I have maybe 9 or 10 in a shoebox at my exes house... but somehow they smell like fish
sick.gif

I dont understand how, I febrezed them, hand washed them, febrezed them again and they still smell like someone prepared a tuna salad in them.....and I forgotthem in Florida to boot
tired.gif

I'll let you know when I get more

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

for fall and winter i'm really feelin tights and heels/boots loose fitting tops/dresses and crazy scarves. crazy hats. crazy bags.

i cant find any pictures....

but also fashion isnt just one set of rules. it varies from person to person, with their personalities and body types. one person might not be able to rock an outfit the same way another can.
rl9ueu.jpg

nerd.gif
there's a multiple page thread floating around here somewhere
pimp.gif

shouldnt have bolded the s though...

that's it im never helping you again
laugh.gif
2ll1xjn.gif

laugh.gif

Bobby...its all good...but you know damn well you are a figure of importance in the modern street fashion landscape...feel free to hijack.

Vintage imma holla at you before I cop off of the site.

Honestly i think fashion is heavily influenced by your neighborhood and surroundings. I live in the BX so at any time you could catch me in a pelle wit somenike boots or catch me gucci down lookin like i'm fresh outta NM. These days i more concerned about fit and sizing than anything. Putting things togetherto create that swag is just something that you either have or you don't. thank my pops for givin it.

I sent an e-mail to y'all

...#@$! ain't helpful at all - no reply at all (did send you guysan email though )

annddd:

Originally Posted by ebayologist

Originally Posted by Lootpac

^^^^Nice. I have 30x30 Fujiflex (that's that paper average people never even heard of let alone seen) Digital C-Print of that image that I'm showing for a critique this tuesday.
ZOMGZ!!!! exclusive paper!!!!! I wish I was like you

Join the club.
smokin.gif
roll.gif

And more to the point let me know when you print on paper that's $800 a roll.
laugh.gif

picture1tt5.png

This kid
smh.gif
laugh.gif
Dude its $10 per 30x30 sheet, which, If you're doing a crit for what I wouldassume is a final for a class, it better be with high quality materials. Just the fact that you came and had to drop the line "that's that paperaverage people never even heard of let alone seen" is just stupid. To everyone else, its paper. Step out of the arrogant, elitist art world for a secondand take a look at it. As an artist its imperative to use the best materials at your disposal, because while you might know that that is quality paper, no oneelse does, nor do they give a $#@!. But if you went and printed on some $20 for 50 illford paper, people would say the photo doesn't look all that highquality, they wouldn't know why it did, they'd just know it did. Its the same across millions of things.

But to come in and drop a little gem about how you're printing something on some crazy photo paper that no "common folk" knows about, is juststupid, its equal to kids going on WOW boards and being like "I pwned you n00bz with my level 800 goblin mage. l33t"

^Bro. Take it easy, alright. Next time I'll just PM Odrama and save you the trouble of my commentary, okay?
laugh.gif
it was joke. ala "ya'll _ain't up on this" in the fashion world. Chill.

Originally Posted by bobbytripledigits

You can't have a thread about street culture without discussing SKATEBOARDING.
what are you talking about? skateboarding hasn't given street culture anything. it is hip hop that is stimulating the street culture. nowand days you see skateboarders sagging their pants wearing street brands.

Originally Posted by bangtcg

what are you talking about? skateboarding hasn't given street culture anything. it is hip hop that is stimulating the street culture. now and days you see skateboarders sagging their pants wearing street brands.

Then you aren't familiar with what authentic street culture is and where it came from. Yes, hip-hop has its place in street culture, but skateboarding isactually one of the legs on which street culture was built on, and stands on.

what are you talking about? skateboarding hasn't given street culture anything. it is hip hop that is stimulating the street culture. now and days you see skateboarders sagging their pants wearing street brands.
Then you aren't familiar with what authentic street culture is and where it came from. Yes, hip-hop has its place in street culture, but skateboarding is actually one of the legs on which street culture was built on, and stands on.
street culture? or streetwear?
I hung out with a few skaters in my original town I grew up in but I don't know what they contributed to street culture... and yes I've seen peopleskate in bedstuy and such.

Then you aren't familiar with what authentic street culture is and where it came from. Yes, hip-hop has its place in street culture, but skateboarding is actually one of the legs on which street culture was built on, and stands on.
....[James Franco]...WAIT..What do you mean it's dead...[/James Franco]

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

street culture? or streetwear?
I hung out with a few skaters in my original town I grew up in but I don't know what they contributed to street culture... and yes I've seen people skate in bedstuy and such.

Both. I think the problem here is that many people these days are jumping on the vernacular of 'street culture' and 'streetwear' thinking thatit's anything to do with the STREETS. as in literally, the STREETS, the HOOD. Unfortunately, it's a bit of a misnomer, that's not entirely what'street culture' is. Street culture reflects all youth subculture, and one of the most prominent subcultures represented is skateboarding. As far asstreetwear goes, if you're stuck on the STREETS mentality, remember this. The modern godfather of streetwear is hailed to be a Japanese man from Tokyo. Theguy who INVENTED streetwear was an Orange County surfer who met his business partner on the ski slopes.

so can anyone name how skating might have affected the street culture I'm familiar with?
they don't wear vans out here, I can name some skater inspired streetwear I wear... but thats not in "the streets"

^Supreme? hmm… Broader the whole downtown Manhattan skate scene certainly has influenced street culture in NY as a whole or at minimum played a part in it.

^You can draw innumerable connections of culture in a place like downtown Manhattan anything from contemporary/modern high art(Martha Rosler to Basquiat toDash Snow) that have connections to skateboarding via places like Supreme and skate spots like the Brooklyn Banks to early hip-hop like Fab Five Freddy or evenmore contemporary groups like Tribe Called Quest to graffiti that goes back to high art, some of it is vastly different but it's all interconnected.It's like 6 degrees of separation type +%$%.

That's what makes the people who are good at making "streetwear" good at making streetwear that they have this acumen of culture and allthat's built it.

^ 6 deg of separation isn't a cause+effect.
it obviously bleeds together in some places but I think street culture affected skaters WAYYYYY more than skaters affected street culture.
and I'm not here to prove a point, im honestly asking for examples.

Back
Top Bottom