STREET FIGHTER

Just ran into clockw0rk. Could've been him. He was just starting so he was bronze. Got spanked with his Karin.

got 5th place outta 40 entrants at a local tourney yesterday. SMH. Had a killer sinus infection, and this one drunk Indian dude was inches behind me screaming at the top of his lungs and talking **** while I was playing his friend. Wanted to bash his head in with my stick. Def bringing noise cancelling headphones next time.

Playing in the comfort of your room VS in a tourney where money is involved is a huge difference. Lost to a Cammy player.

Last edited:
got 5th place outta 40 entrants at a local tourney yesterday. SMH. Had a killer sinus infection, and this one drunk Indian dude was inches behind me screaming at the top of his lungs and talking **** while I was playing his friend. Wanted to bash his head in with my stick. Def bringing noise cancelling headphones next time.

Playing in the comfort of your room VS in a tourney where money is involved is a huge difference. Lost to a Cammy player.

Wong always preaches how online play is totally different from offline. But 5th isn't bad I think you'd be Evo ready with more live tourneys.

It appears to have some use as an anti air.

I finally got to play this yesterday. I was doing story and survival mode earlier today. I'm awful as this game heh. Played about 5 games earlier, won 2. But they had no idea what they were doing.

I'll be playing it up till Tuesday(im visiting someone who has SFV).

Last edited:
So the only way to get out of throws is lp and lk? Jab won't block?

If your opp tries to throw you right after a block string or ticks throw you, you can mash jab. It really depends on the frames of your opp's block strings.

Always tech if your opp tries to throw you on your wakeup, as you won't have enough frames to mash jab. I usually crouch tech (holding down back while blocking and pressing light punch and kick at the same time). Don't mash throw techs too much, doing so can lead to eating a 50% combo.

Last edited:
I'd like to congratulate @MarkMan23 on his new positions with the EVO and Bandai Namco teams. Respect. :pimp:

Ive been playing sfv a bit more today. I'm starting to get my bearings. I've mainly been messing around with Ryu and Laura. I like both of them. Been in training mode figuring out how to deal with stuff ive encountered online. I'm still really bad but I'm enjoying this game so far.

Question: Does anyone else have an issue with the Option button not working properly in training mode? If only brings up the pause menu if I hold it down. Not sure if this is a game bug or hardware issue.

Last edited:
I'm probably gonna cop the $150 Hori and wait til evo to mod it with sanwa buttons

Word. shoutout to markman, perfect guy for the gig. I remember meeting him after a super SF4 launch event in SF. The event had an open bar. I was gone by the end of it and probably said some really dumb ****. :smh: :lol:

Online Rematch Option

Salty from a close loss online? Want revenge? Players can now play a 2/3 set in Ranked Match, provided both players accept the rematch.

Great idea. I don't see many people giving the runback though. Gotta protect the points :lol: Would've been better to have both players agree to 2/3 before the match starts. 2/3 should've been the ranked standard from the start.

This was your first tourney dude? Not bad. :smokin
I remember one of the first SF4 weeklys I went to at a nearby arcade(RIP) and they had the game running on sitdown candy cabinets in a very cramped space with hella people packed around the machines. I remember playing this one cat who had his buddy with him whom I've played with and beat a lot before. His buddy wears glasses, has a pony tail, rocks a hipster mustache, and plays sagat. I took the first game. Then pony tail would whisper to him for a second then we went into the second game. Then every time I'd get hit with anything, his buddy who was standing right over my right shoulder would say "I knew he would do that" or "I told you that would work". He'd say it calmly with zero emotion which is what I think got to me. I tried playing cool, then lost it, played dumb, then lost the next two games. :smh:

I saw this cat at whole foods about a month ago and sucker punched him then told him "I knew that would land". Nah, I saw him in the parking lot and thought of this same story.

I'll be on for the next couple hours if anybody wants to play.

Edit. Googled the arcade to try to find a pic that gives a better idea of the layout. And of course, one of the top results has the guy I played (in the SF hat) and ponytail right in front. :smh:

Last edited:
^ Lol.

I really do need to get my own ps4 soon :frown:

Thank god they are going to implement a rematch option. There;s nothing more frustrating than losing to dumb ****. But when I lose to someone who plays smart I really want to play them again.

You can tell the lower ranked guys who played sf4 a little and have a semblance of fundamentals.

Last edited:
Lol, SF isn't worth getting arrested over. I remember back in the 90's hearing stories of dudes getting poked or shot at the arcades all over a game of SF.

But yeah, that drunken loudmouth got on my nerves. Hard to concentrate on the match that way.

Also totally agree on losing to dumb ****. That type of stuff makes me rage. It's like you play down to the level of your opponent.

SF5 should implement a way to wager/gamble your fight money. That would make the game more intense and more incentive to play online.

SF5 should implement a way to wager/gamble your fight money. That would make the game more intense and more incentive to play online.
Agreed. Wish they'd let people wager amounts on a game as opposed to a pre-set numerical value. Anyone down to play here shortly? I'm a little lit, but still trying to learn. NickRIco989 on PSN.

I saw this cat at whole foods about a month ago and sucker punched him then told him "I knew that would land". Nah, I saw him in the parking lot and thought of this same story.

:lol: :lol:

the mindgames at tourneys tho. Love hearing those stories.

Last edited:
Read about that stored critical art tech for zangief the other day and just tried it out for the first time. #LowTier

Last edited:
Lol, SF isn't worth getting arrested over. I remember back in the 90's hearing stories of dudes getting poked or shot at the arcades all over a game of SF.

But yeah, that drunken loudmouth got on my nerves. Hard to concentrate on the match that way.

Also totally agree on losing to dumb ****. That type of stuff makes me rage. It's like you play down to the level of your opponent.

Dunno how guys don't play with headphones with all the hostility and trash talking :lol:

^ enjoy it while it lasts, best believe it'll get patched. Jesus, that Gief air SPD'd your jump in.

Was watching Best of III and Snakeeyes said that it's not new but it's easier in this game.

Speaking of Snakeyes. Great FT5 set against Floe's Vega.

Agreed. I've been saying this for a while now but it seems like lowkey there's pushback on any sort of gambling with user points/money in games. Like I've wanted a racing game that plays for keeps since forever. Either bet your in game cash or your pink slip and be able to take someone's modded and personalized car for good. Being able to wager in SF would be fun as hell, especially if it's not forced on you.

Back
Top Bottom