STREET FIGHTER

If you played on a highly competitive level this shouldn't even be a topic of discussion. As somebody
mentioned above Ken, Yun, Chun maybe Makoto (she being the worst) x 100 in every tourny. Every
other character had no chance with an exception of a few Japanese players with godlike Q play.

You playing evo level all day every day? :lol:

I love when people talk about a game and only talk about the top 2% of professional play. Every game is broken and sucks at the highest level

You playing evo level all day every day? :lol:

I love when people talk about a game and only talk about the top 2% of professional play. Every game is broken and sucks at the highest level

Top 20 EVO 2009 SF4

First tourny I ever entered was in 05 and I won with ORO. Only to be disappointed once I got more experience
with high level players. I researched the game more and realized I'd picked a a mid-tier character, that gets
bodied by the top tier characters.

Last edited:
I don't even remember much about EX (plus alpha) besides introducing Skullomania, DDark and Garuda.  Skull's ending was him riding a roller coaster in his own theme park.  Geif's ending was him doing that russian squat kick while towing a train.  :lol:

Garuda reminded me of a Toshinden character.  :pimp:

Super IV was pretty balanced. ST and Hyper were good too.

TS, Alpha 2 and IV AE and Alpha 3 not so much.

Still great games.

And the first EX was interesting. I remember riding the bus an hour and change to play it in Miami.

I think it was the first game with Super Cancels. It also had guard breaks. It just suffered from floaty jumps and terrible character designs.

Last edited:
Top 20 EVO 2009 SF4

Balrog

GamerTag: Future

Xbox360: Seattlefootclan

First tourny I ever entered was in 05 and I won with ORO. Only to be disappointed once I got more experience
with high level players. I researched the game more and realized I'd picked a a mid-tier character, that gets
bodied by the top tier characters.

Didn't ask for any of this but ok :lol:

^I mean you did pull his card.

Guard crush coming back is dope. The other mechanics present in the trailer (KI's instinct mode, ground bounces, stage transitions), I'm not so crazy about. I'm most disappointed in the art direction looking like sf4/xtekken. Was hoping for something a little bit more different. Going to a Xrd cell shaded look like someone else mentioned woulda been DOPE.

'09 was an amazing year for Street Fighter. That next year was Super and that was the best and most balanced incarnation of IV. Once AE dropped Gouken and ibuki became extremely cheesy

Last edited:
Repped because I can count on my finger how many people know about or have even played Street Fighter EX

Ive only seen videos of EX, looks pretty trash idk I couldn't imagine playing it back then
Hopefully SF doesn't take the tekken route

Playing this last night and man it's so fun I wish SFIV had custom combos

'09 was an amazing year for Street Fighter. That next year was Super and that was the best and most balanced incarnation of IV. Once AE dropped Gouken and ibuki became extremely cheesy

I must have played a different AE. Yun, Yang, Akuma, Cammy, C.Viper, Fei Long and a few others were good-great.

I played EX in the arcade and imported it when it came out on PSX. I remember completing that combo trial mode and was like holy crap. Course Capcom topped it with the IV versions. The game was aiight. It came out around Mario Kart 64 and III/Alpha 2 were what was popping at the arcade.

I love all of the Street Fighters except SF 1, SF Alpha, Street Fighter 3 and Alpha 3 (presentation was A+ on the last two though).

In the interim, I hope Sony/Capcom can improve the Netcode on Ultra on PS4. It'll probably be a port of the PC graphically.

If you played on a highly competitive level this shouldn't even be a topic of discussion. As somebody
mentioned above Ken, Yun, Chun maybe Makoto (she being the worst) x 100 in every tourny. Every
other character had no chance with an exception of a few Japanese players with godlike Q play.

It's not parries it's characters like Ken and Chun with easly links to SA2. Chun has all day to hit confirm
SA2 for a ton of damage plus a free mixup in the corner. Guess wrong and eat another super. O.. your
afraid of my super eat this kara throw x 5. Repeat the process and you have chun in a nutshell.

Same thing for Ken being able to hit confirm his SA3 multiple ways for crazy damage. Plus he got three
of them??lololol. Yun same thing with the OD SA3 small meter build.. Come on. I played the game for
years and understand its a completely broken game.

What really makes the game broken is the fact that all other characters don't have easy hit confirm
supers that lead into big damage or insane mixup's at the highest level of play. Similar to how FADC's
on certain characters have huge advantages (Ryu) unlike Honda (smfh). It's just a 1000 times worse
in 3s.
i feel you but who really is playing high level 3s on a daily basis? most ppl are casual at best.
the game has things about it that are broken but so does any game. its nowhere near as broken as say a mvc2.
or some weak **** like x factor or tac combos or whatever.

3s is extremely balanced and IMO a better game. period. i play oro as well and yeah it can be an uphill battle against a ton of kens, chuns, yun and urien but so what? i still don't feel like its broken and that sfIV is a better example of a non broken game.

on that note i wish we could get another rival schools or at least the arcade version on psn.

I want Skull-o-Mania to get some shine in another street fighter game.

Repped because I can count on my finger how many people know about or have even played Street Fighter EX

I loved EX. I remember me and my little bros used to play that and Tekken 3 heavy. The soundtrack on EX was pretty dope too, I have it downloaded to my iPad :lol:

I want Skull-o-Mania to get some shine in another street fighter game.

allen snider da gawd :smokin

Allen was a G. I used to get it in with Skull-o, D.Dark and Kairi though

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom