Strong Video Argument That The Manny Pacquiao Loss Wasn't The Travesty It Was Made Out To Be

while i still think manny won the fight...   but damn HBO's commentary's just disgraceful.  So many times that Bradley would connect on punches and they would say "big left by manny!" 
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
we've seen the commentators do this before, CompBox had Manny out landing Marquez but 75 punches. I've watched that fight 3 times and I never get those numbers.

word, change the name of the title. The point of the video is to point out the fact that the commentators are biased, not to prove anything about the actual decision.

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Lampley and Co. were definitely biased. But so is this video, it's only showing the punches that Manny missed and the ones that Bradley landed. Impressed, I am not.
You missed the point of the video. Again, its not about who won the fight. It's about how the HBO commentators skew the perception of the fight with their words, seemingly on purpose. It was REALLY bad in the Marquez fight. I found myself arguing with them from behind my own tv as they consistently called misses by Pacquiao as if they were connecting. At the end of every round all I could say to myself is "what fight are they watching." Between commentator bias and bogus compubox numbers they can basically dictate how many people will perceive the fight. 
No, I didn't miss the point.
Kinda looks like you did brah 

No, I didn't miss the point.

I agree HBO's commentary can be a little much, but it has nothing to do with the fact that this fight was a travesty.

The thing was, yeah, Bradley was throwing more, and he was more active, but he was throwing those bull+**$ pitty-pat punches that do absolutely nothing, while Manny was hitting dude with thunder.

No one could have given Bradley more than 4 rounds and that %+@! was a stretch.

30t6p3b.gif
@ people now thinking it was a draw or even a win for Bradley. Pac should of knocked that dude out when he was wobbling more than once.

BTW I still think Pac should of lost to JMM before this fight. I also wanted Bradley to win this fight (which he did by decision), but nothing said to me he deserved it.

posted in the boxing thread
So I listened to a weekly HBO podcast last Wednesday. He said a common practice for fight judging is to divide rounds into thirds (one minute each) and whoever takes 2 out of 3 will win the round. 

With Manny taking a vacation the first 90 to 120 seconds of the rounds I scored the fight 115-113 Bradley. I think this is a stupid way to score a fight tho. There were rounds where for the first 2 minutes Bradley was busier (but not very impressive). Than came the Manny dominance which from a scoring perspective I had to ignore cause Bradly already had 2 out of 3 minutes of the round.

One minute of dominance >>> 2 minutes of staying busy, IMO 

This won't silence the conspiracy theorist, but it could explain the bad decision.

I think the commentary was a little bias. But manny threw more....landed more....and landed at a higher percentage. I judge fights the same way Harold Letterman does. Who would I not want to be in the round. Manny hurt bradly way more then Bradley hurt manny. Recap manny hit Bradley more with more effective punches. I think it was the worst decision I have ever seen in boxing. I think it was a make up call for PAC Marquez which I think JMM won and so did a lot of people.

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

posted in the boxing thread
So I listened to a weekly HBO podcast last Wednesday. He said a common practice for fight judging is to divide rounds into thirds (one minute each) and whoever takes 2 out of 3 will win the round. 

With Manny taking a vacation the first 90 to 120 seconds of the rounds I scored the fight 115-113 Bradley. I think this is a stupid way to score a fight tho. There were rounds where for the first 2 minutes Bradley was busier (but not very impressive). Than came the Manny dominance which from a scoring perspective I had to ignore cause Bradly already had 2 out of 3 minutes of the round.

One minute of dominance >>> 2 minutes of staying busy, IMO 

This won't silence the conspiracy theorist, but it could explain the bad decision.

Interesting to say the least. could explain things

Didnt see the fight, but from the video Manny looks terrible
sick.gif
. It looked like bradley was toying with him and manny punches didnt hurt him at all.

this wasnt even close..manny won....

it could be karma since manny should have lost the last fight to marquez...
and everyone knows the promotion argument

worked out for me since i bet on tim bradley...makes up for all those bs losses i take over the year

some of you can never just be honest, you rather say anything than be wrong. Pacquia is declining and, you just dont want to admit it.

Originally Posted by Ebay DosTres

Originally Posted by 504 D1 Prospect

Pacman won man, period. The ruling was disgusting.

he won not a god damn thing, you must be real mad tho 
roll.gif
THIS literally, dude won not one #%#%%$@ thing
lost every single round.

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

Didnt see the fight, but from the video Manny looks terrible
sick.gif
. It looked like bradley was toying with him and manny punches didnt hurt him at all.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

All 5 WBO judges had Manny winning after final review. Rematch should be going down November 10th.

Back
Top Bottom