Sttate of the Union Address.

Guy… There's ZERO reason Mitt Romney's effective tax rate is less than half of mine (and most likely yours). Zero. 

You want tax revenue to remain consistent? Cool. Increase the capital gains tax rate and reduce the middle class tax rates… Or, use it to fun programs that benefit the majority. Your call. 

Capital gains money has already been taxed once as income. That's the reason you pay more. You pay a higher rate on income because investment income is different and should be taxed less.

Raising the capital gains tax rate will decrease investment in this country, period.

Cool, so you're for slashing the military budget and ending corporate welfare then?

How about an across the board spending freeze for a few years? We don't even have to make actual cuts to put a big dent in the deficit. We just need to stop the automatic spending increases every year.

we could save many billions dollars per year if we stopped funding the ONDCP, just saying...

their operating budget for FY14 was $25.4 billion, thats a lot of money

Last edited:
Cool, so you're for slashing the military budget and ending corporate welfare then?

How about an across the board spending freeze for a few years? We don't even have to make actual cuts to put a big dent in the deficit. We just need to stop the automatic spending increases every year.

Ummm, You know that means for Social Security right?

Last edited:
Most of the budget?

View media item 1367043
And you do know we've had a democrat president for the last 6 years right?

:lol: at the social security, labor, and unemployment all being lumped into one big sum...

That means all the stuff the Republicans try to blame on obeezy..

that's some slick charting by where ever you found this from.

:pimp:

education still 2% doe.

Last edited:
Most of the budget?

View media item 1367043
And you do know we've had a democrat president for the last 6 years right?

:lol: at the social security, labor, and unemployment all being lumped into one big sum...

That means all the stuff the Republicans try to blame on obeezy..

that's some slick charting by where ever you found this from.

:pimp:

education still 2% doe.

He found it from here

https://www.nationalpriorities.org/budget-basics/federal-budget-101/spending/

It is not the best chart because of the lump but it not all that misleading.

He did leave out the last chart that shows all dem tax breaks :lol:

Guy… There's ZERO reason Mitt Romney's effective tax rate is less than half of mine (and most likely yours). Zero. 

You want tax revenue to remain consistent? Cool. Increase the capital gains tax rate and reduce the middle class tax rates… Or, use it to fun programs that benefit the majority. Your call. 
Capital gains money has already been taxed once as income. That's the reason you pay more. You pay a higher rate on income because investment income is different and should be taxed less.

Raising the capital gains tax rate will decrease investment in this country, period.
Miss me. Cap Gains initial investment has already been taxed, obviously. The gains haven't…and that's all that's taxed. Nice try. 

Any decrease in investment will be minimal at best. 

@UTVOL23, do you do IMES ever? Get that casualty insurance money. It's big business, at least in New York.

Last edited:
not familiar with imes

Dude is full of it. Complain ing about student loans but in another post he says he doesn't mind be a use it is worth it

UTVOL23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand 0ld Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTVOL23

You killed it Grand Ole Party congrats.

thanks, im hoping i get into uconn so i can graduate with no debt. if i dont get in there id like to go somewhere in the city

Yeah that would be huge. I am unfortunately graduating with over 200K in debt but its an investment that is well worth it to me.

Last edited:
My issue has been with the interest rates they are charging on the loans which are not commensurate with current rates for h ome car loans etc

We can all pretty much agree that college loans suck.

In all honesty because it's an investment of young people the government probably get just as much bang for their buck if they had a 1% interest rate as long as you continue to make payments. As well as better loan forgiveness for consistent payment.

I get that there's no way that would happen because the loan companies are for profit on an economic prison. But if the government made a regulation like that it'd pay off on the economy tenfold because people would be able to put more money into the economy for other things.

Last edited:
My issue has been with the interest rates they are charging on the loans which are not commensurate with current rates for h ome car loans etc

Exactly. What doctors and hospital charges are not on par either and doesn't sit well with the general public but hey that's how things work

You knew about the loans before you took it out

Don't expect me to have sympathy for you. I'm sure your probably not going to find not too many at all

Last edited:

You should have to reason to be crying

You said u make 450k with your wife. Your taxed what was 40% so you are so called Making about 250k a year gross

Now that is Roughly $21,000a month. Minus 40% taxes we got roughly $12,600 left over for the month

Now you said you had 220k or so of loans that equals about to a $2500 payment monthly for 10 years at 6% rate. So $12,600 minus $2,500(student loan payment) leaves youbwoth a cool $10,100 a month spendable cash!

And you want us to feel sorry for you! Man go away forever!

Talking about I can't afford a house ,get out of here man. You won't get any sympathy from us at all taking home 10k a month after student loan and tax payment

Last edited:
I'm not saying UTVolt is right, but it's also laughable that you think just cuz he worked his way up to making that salary he should get taxed more and more. But yet the government gives free ****** handouts left and right. Poor planning from people or not amounting to anything in their life and expect the governemt to just pay for all their ****.

I'm not saying UTVolt is right, but it's also laughable that you think just cuz he worked his way up to making that salary he should get taxed more and more. But yet the government gives free ****** handouts left and right. Poor planning from people or not amounting to anything in their life and expect the governemt to just pay for all their ****.

Look yea gov give free handouts but regardless those people receiving the free handouts are dirt poor and can't run 2 pennies together. They only make no more then 20k a year probably

This dude suppose my makes 250k a year and bring home 10k a month

I'm sure somebody receiving the free handouts will gladly switch him spots

But if you propose cuts in handouts you are deemed mean and most definitely racist by Democrats and the news media.

Look yea gov give free handouts but regardless those people receiving the free handouts are dirt poor and can't run 2 pennies together. They only make no more then 20k a year probably

This dude suppose my makes 250k a year and bring home 10k a month

I'm sure somebody receiving the free handouts will gladly switch him spots
But when are we gonna actually start holding people accountable for their actions? Just Cuz UTVolt (don't know his story, just going along with it) studied his *** off for 10 years, worked his way up his company, he almost seems to get punished now?

But Joe Shmoe from up the block who decided that "school wasn't his thing," could never hold a steady job, has a few kids, deserves the government (tax payers) to give him free handouts? Nobody forced UTVolt to go to school. Nobody forced Joe Shmoe to be lazy. We should be responsible for our actions too

Back
Top Bottom