Stuart Scott Dead after Long Battle with Cancer

I shed a tear hearing about him passing this morning.

Watching him since the 1st-2nd grade, to me - he was always the coolest one to anchor SC. I was always inspired by his humble, low key persona.

He always brought the best out of interviews, dating back to the early 90's. I just wish cancer didn't claim his life at such a young age. Waking up hearing that's he gone man, it really touched me, especially for someone I never met. But he was always on TV - and now that he's gone - he'll be truly appreciated.

Love ya, Scott. Going to miss you big time. Rest in peace.

Last edited:
This man WAS Sports Center to me growing up. We were probably the last family in America to get cable and the only thing I knew about ESPN was this anchor who made Wu-Tang references. This hurts, man. :smh:

Following him on Twitter, you'd get a glimpse of how he was living his life. And despite all of his health challenges, dude was absolutely LIVING. From traveling, getting involved in MMA, playing golf, etc. this dude was out there doing his thing. His life was the embodiment of Carpe Diem.

If you're ever feeling too lazy to do something, go through Scott's timeline and see how he approached his day.

RIP to a broadcast legend and just like Jimmy V., his legacy will never die.

I already posted about Scott, but reading posts from fellow NTers who have lost loved ones to cancer... My condolences to you guys...

Stuart Scott was a fixture throughout my childhood all the way to manhood.
frown.gif
 RIP.

RIP to a LEGEND.

I remember back in 1999 Stu would use DMX quotes during Sportscenter and the next day in school I would be yelling them in class to my boys :lol:

RIP.

He might have come off as corny or cheesy with his one-liners and punchlines doing highlights on SC but he changed the game! You knew he really had love for what he did. His enthusiasm and liveliness went hand in hand with the news and highlights he delivered every night. We definitely lost a good one. R.I.P. Staurt Scott

Knew this day was coming based on how many prayers ESPN hosts and analysts had been sending on air over the last couple weeks.

So sad.

“You beat cancer by how you live, why you live and the manner in which you live.”

-Stuart Scott 1965 - 2015

Hannah Storm announcing Scott's passing this morning.

Last edited:
One of the most obnoxious characters on ESPN but I had so much respect for him for how he handled his battle. RIP.

One of the most obnoxious characters on ESPN but I had so much respect for him for how he handled his battle. RIP.

BAN YOU. Keep your negative comments to yourself troll

He has a right to his opinion. He's not the only one to feel that way about him. Like I posted earlier I felt he was a little corny, but I also have the utmost respect for what he did and the battle he fought.

Wow, man. I'll never forget his ESPYs speech. RIP Stuart Scott.

Last edited:

I really disliked his clown act as well , but my best friend met Stu in 2005 and had good things to say about the dude. RIP to him

Back
Top Bottom