Summer Internships

Hey everyone
I am a sophomore in college. Summer is just around the corner and i am applying for internships. I was wondering if anyone had some knowledge of internship opportunities at companies where you guys work.

This can be a space where people can post company names, position names, and locations.

Thanks.

Cant help without knowing what your major is. Youre better off doing it through your schools career services department. Go there and make your presence known.

People could post majors in here as well.
I am a economics major.

People are always looking at school databases, but it does not hurt to possibly know other internship openings that the school might not have any knowledge of.

Yeah but with the school youre competing against less people for a designated amount of slots. When you do it publicly youre going up against 10s of thousands, but through your school you might not even be going up against 100 people for that internship spot and you know for a fact that your resume is going to get looked at. Some good places to check are all the major and mid level banks:Suntrust, PNC,Chase etc. Theyre usually the internships that are less sought after so you have a better chance of getting one.

Experience is a very good place to look for internships. Almost any financial institution you can think of is looking for summer interns.

Originally Posted by Bballkingsrule

What engineering type internships are there in California? Anyone know any places or positions? 

Not sure if serious

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silicon_Valley

What is your discipline, if you are aerospace/ civil, obviously you are going to have less options than EE / CompE. ME, and BME in Cali.

Anyways, key thing is to apply through your respective schools and leverage career centers / alumni.
Some companies only hire ivy leagues / T10 schools, some companies only hire from southern schools, etc. So know your target companies well.

OP if you told us your major and / or interest, we could point you in the right direction.

I know i can apply for internships through my school career center, but i was hoping to create a type of NT network.
It would be like a Nters helping Nters type thing.

btw i'm a Econ major.

Ask your professor or chair of the dept, def intern it could lead to u having a job by the time u graduate.

Back
Top Bottom