Super Bowl XLII vs XLIII: Which game was better??

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

I swear Americans have amnesia
Word.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by mco85

As far as on the field it was this year's game easily. Last year the game was boring until the 4th quarter, it was just exciting because it was close and the Pats were undefeated, but that game sucked for three quarters. This was a pretty good game all around
Yeah...like the first 3 quarters of this game didn't suck.
roll.gif

It's that amnesia...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

I give it to this years just for the 4th quarter alone. You had to be dumb to think last year the Pats were going to blow out the giants. In their game at the end of the regular season it was only a 3 point game. Yes they were undefeated come superbowl but the game was pretty close. This year we had 2 big drives in a span of like 4 minutes. Lead changes at that. Almost the biggest comeback in superbowl history.
You were one of the few saying SB XLIII was the GOAT of all SB's in the thread...
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Only thing you right on is people thinking the Pats were gonna blow out the Giants...that was definitely a dumb thought.
Originally Posted by carlosdapaperboy

XLII, if only the Pats had won though
mad.gif
mad.gif
Yep.

And I'm a Patriots fan...
frown.gif

Screw the 19-0 crap. I give it to this year. Really... Pittsburgh became the winningest franchise ever with that win and who in the blue hell thought thatArizona would go to a superbowl any time soon??? Not to mention the play on the field was pretty damn good.

Screw the 19-0 crap. I give it to this year. Really... Pittsburgh became the winningest franchise ever with that win and who in the blue hell thought that Arizona would go to a superbowl any time soon??? Not to mention the play on the field was pretty damn good.

yeah, because people care about Pittsburgh's SBs more than a team on the brink of going undefeated...
eyes.gif

and with the exception of Harrison's return, the play through the first 3 quarters was lackluster.

this year's SB, the team that was favored won and covered the spread. last year was a complete UPSET for the underdog.

Originally Posted by Cels The YoungGod

XLII was most definitely better because:
A NY team won
Giants were serious underdogs
Patriots were 18-0 and lost
Tyree had that crazy grab
Went down to the end

Im waiting on the broncos to make it back to the big game
Anyone outside of NY could care less about that one. XLII was better though because the rest of the points

plaxico game winning td as me being a colts fan i wanted a the giants to win a hate the %$+#%+* pats

Are seriously debating this? XLII. This shouldn't even be a question. Americans always think what's more recent was better.

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

I swear Americans have amnesia

Exactly. Last year you had a team trying to be the best team EVER. You had a rematch from the regular season. The Eli-Tyree play was just incredible. Youreally thought Brady and Moss could pull it off in the last minute. People thought the Patroits would blow them out.

Originally Posted by Qpitfighter

Are seriously debating this? XLII. This shouldn't even be a question. Americans always think what's more recent was better.
Someone better tell that to those %%!*$+*# at ESPN

Originally Posted by dmxfury

It seems some are arguing for a better game and some are arguing more important. Two different concepts, XLII was more important/significant (no question) but on the field the games are close if not a slight edge to this year
Well said. I totally agree.

Back
Top Bottom