Super Bowl XLII: YOU GOTTA bELIeve!!!!!!!! Greatest Super Bowl in History?!?!?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ the Perfectville video.

I can't stress enough how much of classless prick Bil Belichick has shown himself to be not only all season, but a sore loser tonight for walking off thefield with two seconds left in regulation time and his poor post-game interviews. He thought he could steal a little bit of light from the Giants' victoryby walking off and not giving credit where its due. Anyone with an ounce of class and dignity would have acknowledged it the right way and allow the game toend with some integrity. That's just emblematic of the organization's attitude and the reason why most people in the country were happy to see them godown in flames tonight. %!!+#%$ bum.

Originally Posted by khoshabasfinest23

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

NY's final drive is the "Greatest Drive" in NFL history.
Wow, Yall really get carried away with the here and now.

John Elway, 98 yard drive is called "The Drive" Im guessing U never even heard of it.

and this the greatest Superbowl ever?
Nah.
I ll take Rams/Titans and Bills/Giants before this one
laugh.gif
@ gunna you always have to come in every football related topic and feel like you have to correct everyone or try and make them feel dumb

nah, not tryna make em feel dumb, (but in reality u should feel some kinda way
laugh.gif
if you dont know the past and u state somethign is the greatest ever)
but If I see someone speakin on somethin they dont know, Im going tgo try and inform them otherwise

the aim is to help a person know more about something than they did before the day started

Each one, Teach one

I actually decided to go through all the posts as soon as the game was over.

The one Pats fan in here that actually came out and said they were not the better team was Deadset Ace. Props man. Way to take the L and move on. Nothing to beashamed of from the season as a whole. 18-1 is still pretty damn good.

Now, IMO, it seemed like Moss was doggin it all game. Not trying to adjust to footballs that were off the mark, running half+%! routes, etc. Was it just me ordid other people see it?

GM Jerry Reese had a great draft. smith, ross, boss. alford doing field goal snaps and with that crazy sack in the middle tonight. de ossie in special teamswho seems to always be one of the first guys down the field and bradshaw. all contributed this season. i cant wait until this years draft.

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

I actually decided to go through all the posts as soon as the game was over.

The one Pats fan in here that actually came out and said they were not the better team was Deadset Ace. Props man. Way to take the L and move on. Nothing to be ashamed of from the season as a whole. 18-1 is still pretty damn good.

Now, IMO, it seemed like Moss was doggin it all game. Not trying to adjust to footballs that were off the mark, running half+%! routes, etc. Was it just me or did other people see it?
Randy Moss only has two routes he runs well, so that was probably just him being him.

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

John Elway, 98 yard drive is called "The Drive" Im guessing U never even heard of it.

Nah.
You're entitled to your opinion on the greatest Super Bowl ever but your logic just doesn't make any sense. As entertaining as those games you mentioned were, they had no historical significance whatsoever other than the better teams in those games won. The Patriots were the "dynasty" coming into this game. Individual records were met this year by Brady and Moss, and the quest to perfection was up for grabs as well as being tied with Montana and Bradshaw for most QB Super Bowl wins. The Giants were MAJOR underdogs by many, and even I didn't know if they could get it done..and you know what they proved me wrong. They held the "dynasty" to only 14 damn points and Eli Manning had arguably the greatest drive in NFL history on the grandest stage of them all. The Giants were a wild card team that has won since mid December on the road that started the season 0-2 and lost their star tight end Shockey all year long. If that's not an improbable victory...and cause to call their win on the grandest stage of them all....the GREATEST SUPER BOWL WIN IN HISTORY...I don't know what is...
happy.gif

If your talkin about meaning or significance, how is this superbowl game anymore meaningful than Joe Namath's superbowl win? or more meaningful thanDoug Williams being the 1st black QB to win a superbowl?
this was just a good upset, nothing more nothing less, this was barely a bigger upset than Pats/Rams,

and when Im talkin about best superbowls, I m talkin bout best played on the field, at the highest end with very lil blown assignments or garbage plays.

and the New York Giants were not a better football team than the K Gun Buffalo Bills.

Well, i thought the game was going to come down to the Giants front 4 getting pressure on Brady...and they did. 5 sacks and multiple knockdowns later, the Patsonly put up 14 points.

Can someone tell me why Moss and Plax were single covered on their TD catches? I mean, they are both beasts in the red zone, and in crunch time both teamsdecide to leave each single covered? It made no sense to me.

That was a fantastic game though. My heart was racing and I'm not a fan of either team...I am upset Moss didn't get his ring, but the Giants were thebetter team tonight. Hopefully Moss goes back to the Patriots for an encore performance...

i fully expect an entire column devoted to this from bill simmons. with at least 5-6 paragraphs on the 4th and 13 play when they could've kicked a field goal. he'll say that the pats got too caught up in their "Eff-you" mentality, probably compare it to playing madden, and maybe throw in a rocky or karate kid reference just for the hell of it.

defintely sounds like Simmons
laugh.gif

Defensive line was amazing tonight. Great game by Eli. He's really changed over the course of the playoffs. It was a whole different player out there.Congrats to the G-Men.

Great game. Happy for my cousin who's a Giants fan and was able to go to the game for face value.

Hope the Patriots' dominance in the AFC is over, but we'll see.

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

Nah.
You're entitled to your opinion on the greatest Super Bowl ever but your logic just doesn't make any sense. As entertaining as those games you mentioned were, they had no historical significance whatsoever other than the better teams in those games won. The Patriots were the "dynasty" coming into this game. Individual records were met this year by Brady and Moss, and the quest to perfection was up for grabs as well as being tied with Montana and Bradshaw for most QB Super Bowl wins. The Giants were MAJOR underdogs by many, and even I didn't know if they could get it done..and you know what they proved me wrong. They held the "dynasty" to only 14 damn points and Eli Manning had arguably the greatest drive in NFL history on the grandest stage of them all. The Giants were a wild card team that has won since mid December on the road that started the season 0-2 and lost their star tight end Shockey all year long. If that's not an improbable victory...and cause to call their win on the grandest stage of them all....the GREATEST SUPER BOWL WIN IN HISTORY...I don't know what is...
happy.gif

If your talkin about meaning or significance, how is this superbowl game anymore meaningful than Joe Namath's superbowl win? or more meaningful than Doug Williams being the 1st black QB to win a superbowl?
this was just a good upset, nothing more nothing less, this was barely a bigger upset than Pats/Rams,

and when Im talkin about best superbowls, I m talkin bout best played on the field, at the highest end with very lil blown assignments or garbage plays.

and the New York Giants were not a better football team than the K Gun Buffalo Bills.

As for entertainement value, IMO SB 42> *. I'm 22 and seen a lot of super bowls and this is up there. Sure there were mistakes throughout thegame, but every game has them. The Giants and Pats had ZERO penalties on NYGs final drive, allowing the game to be decided by the players and schemes.

19-0 on the line, big underdogs, Brady, Moss, Usi, Stray and little Eli....It was big time fun to watch. 17-14, not a high scoring game, but nevertheless agame that kept me on the edge of my seat.

Originally Posted by parasight21

I actually kinda wanted to see the Pats pulling 19-0 but way the Giants played throughout the game was just amazing to watch. That G-Men's defense was something else to watch.

Good for Eli because he now finally got the monkey off his back now.
Tiki Barber....
indifferent.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif

is it safe to say that Eli's now on Derek Jeter status in NY or is it too early to call? He played great tonight.

Plaxico>>>>>>Randy Moss, real talk.
DJ status????

He needs to win more then 1 super bowl before being in the same breath as DJ

I thought I added my post earlier, but it must have been lost while Yuku "magicians" were "upgrading" software or something.

First, the Giants. Next, the Lakers? That would complete my best year as a sports fan as I was too young to truly appreciate '88.

This was as good as '90-91 for me. As for which game was better, I believe it depends on your age and your views of the rest of the NFL. For me, beatingthe Bears, '9ers, and Bills was better than beating the Bucs, 'Boys, Packers, and Patriots, but not by much.

Amazing.

The Giants were MAJOR underdogs by many, and even I didn't know if they could get it done..and you know what they proved me wrong. They held the "dynasty" to only 14 damn points and Eli Manning had arguably the greatest drive in NFL history on the grandest stage of them all. The Giants were a wild card team that has won since mid December on the road that started the season 0-2 and lost their star tight end Shockey all year long. If that's not an improbable victory...and cause to call their win on the grandest stage of them all....the GREATEST SUPER BOWL WIN IN HISTORY...I don't know what is...
happy.gif

Even you didn't know? Wow
eek.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XXV

IMO, that was a bigger upset than this game.

Now, IMO, it seemed like Moss was doggin it all game. Not trying to adjust to footballs that were off the mark, running half+%! routes, etc. Was it just me or did other people see it?

it was just you. because other people saw Brady under fire all game and always being slightly off with those timing throws to Moss. the most obvious one wasBrady missing a wide open Moss on that 1st and goal the first time, but there were also at least 2 other times where Moss had a step on the DB for at least a40-yard gain and Brady missed him.

AirUpHere23 wrote:

GUNNA GET IT wrote:

Nah.

You're entitled to your opinion on the greatest Super Bowl ever but your logic just doesn't make any sense. As entertaining as those
games you mentioned were, they had no historical significance whatsoever other than the better teams in those games won. The Patriots were the
"dynasty" coming into this game. Individual records were met this year by Brady and Moss, and the quest to perfection was up for grabs as well as
being tied with Montana and Bradshaw for most QB Super Bowl wins. The Giants were MAJOR underdogs by many, and even I didn't know if they could get it
done..and you know what they proved me wrong. They held the "dynasty" to only 14 damn points and Eli Manning had arguably the greatest drive in NFL
history on the grandest stage of them all. The Giants were a wild card team that has won since mid December on the road that started the season 0-2 and lost
their star tight end Shockey all year long. If that's not an improbable victory...and cause to call their win on the grandest stage of them all....the
GREATEST SUPER BOWL WIN IN HISTORY...I don't know what is...
happy.gif

If your talkin about meaning or significance, how is this superbowl game anymore meaningful than Joe Namath's superbowl win? or more meaningful than
Doug Williams being the 1st black QB to win a superbowl?

I was with you til you said that. How can this victory for the Giants barely be a bigger upset than the Pats/Rams. The Giants beat anundefeated team in the superbowl. That alone qualifies them as being one of the biggest upsets in SB history. Not to mention the fact that the Giants held thePAts to ONLY 14 points when coming into the game, the Pats had scored the most points in NFL history. This game had all the makings of a monumental upset IMO.

explain Stringer.

Giants WERE major underdogs
I wasn't entirely confident myself that we'd pull it out (being a realist)
Yes, they proved me wrong with this win. I had faith in them against the Boys, Bucs, and Packers. But the Patriots? Not so much for the simple fact that nobodyhas beaten em all year.

Gotta give props where props are due..........Mad props to the Giants!!!! Dudes played a helluva game. That couldn't have been any better of a game. Wentdown to the wire and had me on the edge of my seat the whole damn time. Now i dont feel as bad having my Boys lose to them. Those fools are the champs, nobodycould beat them when it counted. NFC East is gonna be a hard division to win for the next 3-4 years the way all the teams have played this past season. Woot!

For a second I thought that Asante Samuel had the interception during the last drive.

Good thing that he didn't.

Back
Top Bottom