Surfer Mick Fanning almost attacked by shark in live event

Stillin will continue his boycott of the ocean for summer of 2015, I used to surf too and I can't even imagine. Dude is lucky as hell

Sharks are harmless
They'll only attack if they sense a threat, or if you look like a fish/seal/ animal that they'll eat

:wow:

glad he got out alive, that's scary as ****

Last edited:
I am out in the east coast so New Jersey beaches are very popular for Philly folks and there have been more sharks than I ever remember

I go to Ocean City, MD myself and I think I will stay clear of the ocean next week when I go

Damn nature you scary :x. I still love the ocean but I just never reach out that far down from the shore :lol:. The announcers when they realized what was going down though :rofl:

Last edited:
Dude is lame for punchin dat shark in his back.

You punch a shark you punch dat *** in his face.

FlyNY is kinda right though haha there's also no such thing as an almost attack. The shark was jus curious why the surfer was in his casa like Saul Goodman. They either make an aggressive attempt to eat or they're jus curious. It's not uncommon for them to gnaw at small boats/kayaks/surfboards. I look it as a warning haha I seen jaws. I wanna get a Kayak for the bay but ish like this scares me

FlyNY is kinda right though haha there's also no such thing as an almost attack. The shark was jus curious why the surfer was in his casa like Saul Goodman. They either make an aggressive attempt to eat or they're jus curious. It's not uncommon for them to gnaw at small boats/kayaks/surfboards. I look it as a warning haha I seen jaws. I wanna get a Kayak for the bay but ish like this scares me

View media item 1635238
I agree though,if the shark really was loking to eat the dude things would've been a lot more ugly way faster. It looked like it was just trying to see what the surfer was since they tend to look like pinnipeds and other prey from an underwater view

View media item 1635242

Last edited:
how would you know b sharks aint in the hudson
maybe not the hudson but apparently nyc got sharks and I'm not just talking about the football team
[h1]City’s waters full of whales and sharks[/h1]
By Kate Briquelet

August 10, 2014 | 2:14am

There’s nothing fishy about it.

This summer, one fisherman waded with a humpback whale off Staten Island and another reeled in a great white shark in the Rockaways — as experts say rare marine life is swimming closer to the city’s shores as cleaner waters spawn more bait.

“New York City is the new Cape Cod,” said Paul Sieswerda, head of tracking group Gotham Whale. “You can see whales and dolphins with the skyline in the background.”

Sieswerda’s citizen scientists are cataloguing the city’s marine mammals — particularly humpback whales — aboard American Princess Cruises based in Breezy Point, Queens.

In 2011, Gotham Whale counted five whales in New York waters. A year later they found 25, and in 2013 there were 43 whales.

From spring until July 24, there have been 29 whale sightings, Sieswerda said. He says cleaner waters spawn more bait fish, like Atlantic menhaden, which attracts predators.

On June 30, Staten Island fisherman Ricky Patat spotted a humpback whale in Raritan Bay, about a mile off Great Kills — and jumped in the water to swim with it.

“The eye was the size of my head,” Patat said. “It was one of the greatest things.”

“Humpback whales are in the North Atlantic this time of year for feeding,” said Mendy Garron, marine mammal response coordinator for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

“Increase or longer presence in certain areas usually mean that there is an abundant food source.”

Meanwhile, fishermen a mile off Rockaway Beach hooked and released an 80-pound baby great white shark — and spotted its mother swimming nearby on June 22.

Days later, another boater reeled in a different baby great white.

There’s nothing fishy about it.

This summer, one fisherman waded with a humpback whale off Staten Island and another reeled in a great white shark in the Rockaways — as experts say rare marine life is swimming closer to the city’s shores as cleaner waters spawn more bait.

“New York City is the new Cape Cod,” said Paul Sieswerda, head of tracking group Gotham Whale. “You can see whales and dolphins with the skyline in the background.”

Sieswerda’s citizen scientists are cataloguing the city’s marine mammals — particularly humpback whales — aboard American Princess Cruises based in Breezy Point, Queens.

In 2011, Gotham Whale counted five whales in New York waters. A year later they found 25, and in 2013 there were 43 whales.

From spring until July 24, there have been 29 whale sightings, Sieswerda said. He says cleaner waters spawn more bait fish, like Atlantic menhaden, which attracts predators.

On June 30, Staten Island fisherman Ricky Patat spotted a humpback whale in Raritan Bay, about a mile off Great Kills — and jumped in the water to swim with it.

“The eye was the size of my head,” Patat said. “It was one of the greatest things.”

“Humpback whales are in the North Atlantic this time of year for feeding,” said Mendy Garron, marine mammal response coordinator for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

“Increase or longer presence in certain areas usually mean that there is an abundant food source.”

Meanwhile, fishermen a mile off Rockaway Beach hooked and released an 80-pound baby great white shark — and spotted its mother swimming nearby on June 22.

Days later, another boater reeled in a different baby great white.

http://nypost.com/2014/08/10/citys-waters-full-of-whales-and-sharks/

man y'all acting like a shark is a honeybee or some ****

just stay still and it won't attack you :lol:

how would you know b sharks aint in the hudson

:lol:

There's sharks in the city, B. And I'm not talking about the aquatic creatures either. Street Sharks. In every hood. You treat em the same way you would treat a marine shark. They won't mess with you unless you pose a threat, or if you look like food.

Last edited:
this is why i stay in swimmings pools, ocean has too many scary things...

View media item 1635238
I agree though,if the shark really was loking to eat the dude things would've been a lot more ugly way faster. It looked like it was just trying to see what the surfer was since they tend to look like pinnipeds and other prey from an underwater view

View media item 1635242

see what it was by trying to take a nibble :smh:

the ocean is scary as ****. like i'm coo 50-100 ft from shore.

but farther than that? nah b.

As I've grown older, swimming in the ocean just isn't an option for me anymore.  

I'll get out there about knee deep, but it has to be mad clear water like the gulf coast has.  Other than that, there's no chance of ever seeing me in that water.  I'll watch Planet Earth to satisfy my ocean curiosity.  

Back
Top Bottom