T.I. may be the most complete artist in the game right now.

Its hard to argue this because TI is pretty consistent. I wouldn't call him the most complete though.

I agree with basically everything you gotta say. It's insane how this guy can be so commercially appealing and still have tracks that appeal to everyone.What's also awesome to me is that I never thought I would see another Southern rapper with a flow as good as Boi's was in his prime... But I think T.I.is right there.

And plus he has songs that aren't lyrically amazing but are so real and emotional along with the street anthems and the women songs. To mehe's like a Southern Pac (not trying to be outlandish and compare the two talent wise but just the first comparison that came to mind)

Favorite tracks:
Still Aint Forgave Myself
Dope Boyz
What Happened
What's Yo Name
I'm Serious (Remix)
Bezzle
Doin My Job
eek.gif

I Still Luv You
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Prayin For Help
ASAP
What You Know
Live In The Sky
I'm Talkin To U
pimp.gif
eek.gif
(Just WRECKED this)
I'm Illy
No Matter What
What's Up, What's Happenin (TOOMP
pimp.gif
)

roll.gif

I just realized I've got a HUGE list of favorites .. Just ran through his discography, my bad. But I stress anyone who enters this thread to find anothermainstream rapper with a more diverse catalog.

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

Hear me out, it just donned on me. I seriously doubt there's a better combination of pure flow, witty wordplay, fluid delivery, and charismatic persona in the game right now. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. No sack jockey, but the ladies say the dude is attractive as well. I mean, hey, this guy's playing poker with a royal flush in his hand. Any who, enjoy my supporting argument!
grin.gif
I agree that T.I. might be the most complete artist...But I think he can get some serious comp from Pusha T...
He is more charismatic, has better lyrics, and better wordplay...His flow might not be as good but its up there...
He is stylish and if given the right promo could have a hit...
I know someone will mention his lack of subject matter (coke) but people were saying the same thing about T.I. untill that case happened...

never understood what is so good about him....but hey to each his own

Still ain't forgave myself >>>>>

one of the realest songs....reminds me of my uncles lives when i was lil...they were teenagers and they went through the same stuff

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

Originally Posted by Agthekid

Originally Posted by TraPpStar

TIP has always been that dude. Aint nothing new. Besides Hov son is the best in the game right now...EASY

So Tip is better than Lupe, I doubt it.
laugh.gif

he not a better rapper but he is a better artist... TI literally makes music for all occasions... there is not one lupe song that will make u do some illegal *$%$ in ya car... like ride down a 1 way the wrong way wit ya door wide open while the weed smoke just flies out... lupe aint capable of that... but lupe is my boy tho... he might b right after TI... he just need to make some mo kappin *$%$... like his verse on bun b's joint...

I'll just listen to Killer Mike and Freeway for that
laugh.gif
I get you though, but dudes in hear trying to say T.I. is second to Jay.

Ehh..... I personally don't really care for him to much.

But..... I can't really think of anybody more complete than him under this criteria (acting, female fans, male stans, sales, street cred, etc.)

No way Jose we pop Rose' blow 'dro that's more than OK.

I'm saying that right here, right now, T.I. is better than Jay in my book.

Jay is still that dude and all based off of his ridiculous discography, but lately he's been forcin' double entendres by either repeating them so youcan hear them, or pausing for dramtic effect.

He never did that before.

That's what Wayne did/does.

That #!%+ is annoying.

And besides, when I want metaphors/creative similies/and all that layered lyricism #!%+ nowadays - I get that from Lupe.

But Tip is still a better artist overall than Lupe.

Checkmate.

happy.gif

He's highly overrated

all his songs sound the same, i'll give dude props for trap muzik that a dope piece of wok but other than that
sick.gif

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Jay is still that dude and all based off of his ridiculous discography, but lately he's been forcin' double entendres by either repeating them so you can hear them, or pausing for dramtic effect.

That #!%+ is annoying.

And besides, when I want metaphors/creative similies/and all that layered lyricism #!%+ nowadays - I get that from Lupe.

Checkmate.

happy.gif

You are buggin...T.I. is nice, but to say he is better than Hov is just foolish. His wordplay is on a whole another level from T.I.'s.

T.I. is a much more complete artist than Lupe, so I don't even no why he was brought up in this thread.

Dudes in here dont want to come to grips with reality. Thats why i'm so reluctant to post on this board anymore.

yeah TI is better than ya'll thought. Y'all are just mad cause the people you're REALLY rootin for aren't doing it like they used to.

You're behind a username, at least be real with yourselves for a moment. How ya'll hate EVERYTHING?!

Originally Posted by bmorekicks

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Jay is still that dude and all based off of his ridiculous discography, but lately he's been forcin' double entendres by either repeating them so you can hear them, or pausing for dramtic effect.

That #!%+ is annoying.

Checkmate.

happy.gif

You are buggin...T.I. is nice, but to say he is better than Hov is just foolish. His wordplay is on a whole another level from T.I.'s.

T.I. is a much more complete artist than Lupe, so I don't even no why he was brought up in this thread.

Jay's wordplay isn't where it used to be, but he does trump T.I. in that department (as does Lupe since we're being honest) - but I can'tpersonally relate to any Jay song the way I can to several from Clifford. That's why he wins the "personal preference" category.

there is not one lupe song that will make u do some illegal *$%$ in ya car... like ride down a 1 way the wrong way wit ya door wide open while the weed smoke just flies out... lupe aint capable of that...
eek.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

I can get with the topic though, and quite frankly, with Jay starting to show his fatigue, it's not comparable.

And Rilla... *dawned.

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

i agree.
i'm glad he rebounded from the TI/TIP fiasco
i coulda done w/o Live Your Life and My Life Your Entertainment off paper trail though

Yeah but he'd be an idiot not to throw a couple radio friendly tracks on there. I enjoy Live Your Life.

His last two albums haven't really done it for me. IDK. Their really isn't anyone currently doing it who wows me. If Road to the Casket Drops is asgood as I think it will be then I think they can take the title.

Back
Top Bottom