T-Mobile goes dark for brand makeover

Originally Posted by Cant Break The Unbreakable

Originally Posted by NCTwin

^^Do you really think the iPhone is the savior to all phone companies?

Pretty much,  once Verizon and Sprint added the iPhone it outsold ALL of their Android phones combined. 
That's due to a lot of factors. True, the iPhone is the most popular phone in the world, but if Google didn't allow every phone manufacturer in existence to put out an Android device and instead focused on making one flagship phone (like Apple does,) then I think it wouldn't be such a dramatic difference. That's not to mention that the iPhone was being anticipated on those carriers since it first released, so of course people who weren't able to have it in the past were going to go crazy over it. Let's not forget that Android has more of the market share than iOS...

Furthermore, T-Mobile's selection is pretty good sans the iPhone. Really, that's the only phone T-Mobile is "missing," and that can be solved by getting an unlocked one.
ohwell.gif

But, I'm pretty sure this brand makeover won't really do anything. Website will change colors, but they'll still be a pretty big rip off. I'm still trying to get my $250 rebate from February and they're trying to say I can only get $50 because I didn't add unlimited voice/messaging. Didn't even tell me I needed it in-store.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

^^Do you really think the iPhone is the savior to all phone companies?

Pretty much,  once Verizon and Sprint added the iPhone it outsold ALL of their Android phones combined. 

Would that make you all stick with T-Mo?? I've had a few folks jump ship cuz the iPhone wasn't on there.
i was thinking of leaving tmobile...but i seen the other companies plans compared to my grandfathered tmobile plan no way ill ever leave 
laugh.gif

I'm with you on that. Those grandfathered T-Mo plans are the business!!! I'm not going anywhere.

Originally Posted by ricky409

Project dark was a HUGE let down last year...

This will probably be the same

Remember when there were rumors of an unlimited everything plan for $50?

That would have literally CHANGED the game.

I made that post too!
laugh.gif

^ The only reason Android has more market share than iOS is because the iPhone isn't on T-Mobile or any prepaid carriers. If the iPhone was on every single carrier just like Android, then trust it wouldn't have more market share.

Simply put, if T-Mobile supported the iPhone on their 3G or 4G network, they'd shut it down.
I loved being with Tmobile but even with an iPhone 4, you were relegated to EDGE. I'm on ATT now and service SUCKS

Dudes saying Tmobile needs to lower their prices, are #poor

Tmobile is the Cheapest Major carrier out there

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

That'd actually be Sprint, if we aren't including carriers like MetroPCS, Virgin Mobile, and Simple Mobile...who are major carriers in their own right.

tmobile wasnt bad, i had it from 2005 - 2011, the only reason i left to verizon is cause they got the iphone and were gonna remove unlimited data
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Would that make you all stick with T-Mo?? I've had a few folks jump ship cuz the iPhone wasn't on there.
i was thinking of leaving tmobile...but i seen the other companies plans compared to my grandfathered tmobile plan no way ill ever leave 
laugh.gif

Exactly. To me, tmobile has the best plans but yea whatever happened to that $50 unlimited everything?

Originally Posted by Yeah

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

That'd actually be Sprint, if we aren't including carriers like MetroPCS, Virgin Mobile, and Simple Mobile...who are major carriers in their own right.

Wrong! It is T-Mobile

Naw, T-Mobile will be around for awhile.

They're doing a very smart thing by re-farming their spectrum to support the AT&T iPhone on 3G (and in the future, LTE) speeds. Can't pony up the billions to bring the iPhone to your network? Make your network compatible with it and watch profits grow. That alone will bring them good business, IMO. Add to that the fact that AT&T is now unlocking their iPhones for free? AND the fact that the spectrum re-farming opens the door for a lot of other dope devices to be used on their network at high speeds?

That $3 billion from the failed AT&T acquisition could work wonders for them if they go about things the right way. This new look isn't my thing but I guess they had to try a different, fresh approach.

I believe the iPhone not going to T-mobile is all on Apple. T-mobile has been trying to get them for years.

Originally Posted by LanZeR23

I believe the iPhone not going to T-mobile is all on Apple. T-mobile has been trying to get them for years.

Not necessarily, but its mainly because of T-mobile AWS( Advanced Wireless Services) with its 3G technology. One of the reason why you can't use a 3G connection on iphone while on T-mobile AWS spectrum. Apple would like to be on every carrier but the hardware technology will be a challenge for them cause they can't support AWS Hardware for t-mobile iphones. The chip makers aren't track backing to AWS as well to. LTE will be needed to support each carrier but t-mobile is lacking a LTE network so its more than likely you won't see a iphone4GS or iphone5 on t-mobile anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom