[| -- T.O. JB I's Release 'Old Love/NewLove' (BMP) -- |]

Quote:
It's not like we're saying lay down and take it, we're saying find other ways that will save yourself some money, if Nike and Canada won't do anything about it.

I agree. I didn't mean to imply that ALL people are saying "lay down and take it" but a LOT are.

But you'll have those type of consumers in every kind of market...

Whether it's because they just love the product and will pay whatever for it, if they are loaded and don't even ask about price when they go buy or those that don't like it but fork it over anyways because it's their only means of attaining the product.

I totally agree with you on making a change, but all we can do as consumers is decide to buy or not buy, and that consumer power in itself is incredibly strong which dictates the market and price, it's just a matter of getting people aware and waking them up.

On the other end of the spectrum, we as Canadians have to take our mindset out of comparing to US prices and taxes. Our standard of living is different, our economy is different, we live in a whole different country. It's not as valid as say, "hey, in Hamilton the price is $200 but in Toronto it's $300, what gives?" You've got European countries with Toyota Camry's that cost six figures, but you can't compare it to North American prices because it's a whole different market and structure.

Should we all complain then if our healthcare programs, taxes. federal government support, minimum wage and all were lowered down to the USA's level, then? I mean, then it would balance out retails, right? We should be happy?

There's so many facets it's difficult, people just want to mull over the absolute prices, but it goes way beyond that, just as you hinted at.
www.inqmnd.ca​

...TEAM RAPTORS !
CHEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

^^^ We've got a good dialogue going here, bobby. I appreciate your input.

...although, I'm sure most of the others are bored to death, lol.

I think that eventually once the bigger companies realize that here we do make up a quite significant portion of their sales whether on a national or international scale and people in positions of power (industry heads, store owners, marketing folk) start to bring this topic to the right people in the right places...something can actually be done...we all know the majority are just going to pay the outlandish price or cop from the States...but Im sure there are some that really want to make a significant change and establish Toronto (or Canada for that matter) as a desirable place to cop hard 2 get sneakers...They say we are 5 years behind the US but i see that gap closing.....and I hope those people who have a voice that can be heard are using it to help benefit everybody and not just themselves....

By the way OL/NL definite cop but in the US....Im a dual citizen if that matters...

only 1 Sports Chek store in the GTA will be getting them n they won't be getting that many

As someone said earlier, there's a lot of factors that determine the price here in Canada. It sucks, but hey, just buy your stuff in the States. I've been doing this for years and i've saved so much money. Perhaps these companies or our government would make a change if everybody purchased down south. You can't betch about it and then go ahead and still buy the stuff over here. Many canadians are completely cool with paying the inflated price and that deff doesn't help.

looking for (sz 12-13):
safari dunk high
AM1 NL cement (black)
blazers (viotech/pinstripe)
sb classics

Quote:
only 1 Sports Chek store in the GTA will be getting them n they won't be getting that many

Heard from my dude; Its Eaton Center, already in the stock room apparently.

Just a quick word... judging by how many pairs certain stores are getting, these are VERY limited. I'd be very surprised if any store has more than 10 pairs.

WANTED>>> Pushead Dunk 7-7.5

SELLING>>>
Dinosaur JR / DINO Dunks 11.5. Please PM

from what i heard it wasn't in the Eaton Centre stock room since it hasn't been shipped yet

I got a peek of them @ the nike on queen west today. Pretty clean detailing from what I saw.

dang.. for the Sport Chek i was going to either guess Eaton Centre or Yorkdale.. since those are the two big flagship stores...

I was checking out the clothing in the Square One Footlocker. I'm starting to like the Black/Yellow jacket that is reversible. I don't like the Black/White "all over print" side of the jacket though.
COMING SOON: B.L.A.C.K. Inc.​
FS: AJ III "DTRT" sz 10, and "Stay In School - Flight Club" Tee XL & XXL​

wanna solve the Canadian retail economy problems? then cop this pack from and truely Canadian company that does NOT abide by the dictatorship of major companies!

that's right holla at ya local LS account and get it for less than those thieves at FL, SC and Nike!

getting a BIG order so email me...

Inspektah_Hek@yahoo.com

LIVESTOCK T-DOT
Opening May 2007

^ Welcome back Hek...
FOR SALE AF1 Priority Philippines Inside/Out sz 9 DS LOOKING FOR Lebron SVSMs sz 9 - 10 DSdOubleO @ gmail . com (just remove the spaces)

Saw the pack today in person, better than I thought but still can't bring myself to cop a mid-cut AJ1.
***The Bills Gonna Get Payed, By Standin On Da Corner
Naahh Im Peyton Manning, I'm Handling The Corner

Talk Like I Gotta Chip On My Shoulder, Nahh Dats A Chip On Da Pinky
Still Getting More Brain Then Pinky

^that's a wack excuse! these things are FIRE regardless of height...dunk highs are too high anyway!?!

the whole reason they made higher ball shoes back in the day was because they thought it would support your ankles better...little did they know, high kicks just caused the ankle sprain to be higher up your ankle which isn't really a good thing!?! that's when mid cuts like J III's and IV's really took off!
LIVESTOCK T-DOT
Opening May 2007

i want to wear them for ball asap...
and feel the brain shockage jumping up and down.
:\
ohwell.gif

but it's all worth it :lol:
laugh.gif

nah i never ever rocked exco, bought exco, knew kids that rock exco, had friends that rocked exco. NEVER ASSOCIATED with exco NEVER -Trev aka Dr. hell No.

Quote:
^that's a wack excuse! these things are FIRE regardless of height...dunk highs are too high anyway!?!

the whole reason they made higher ball shoes back in the day was because they thought it would support your ankles better...little did they know, high kicks just caused the ankle sprain to be higher up your ankle which isn't really a good thing!?! that's when mid cuts like J III's and IV's really took off!
***The Bills Gonna Get Payed, By Standin On Da Corner
Naahh Im Peyton Manning, I'm Handling The Corner

Talk Like I Gotta Chip On My Shoulder, Nahh Dats A Chip On Da Pinky
Still Getting More Brain Then Pinky

gotta get a pair. i know i'll regret it later for not gettin it.
i m feelin the blk/yellow ones
FS: DS size 10 AJ DMP package, DS size 10 AJ XIII low white/maize, VVVNDS AJ 11 Retro Columbia size 11, AJ XVIII towels all Brand new in blk, red, blue color.(send me ur best offer)

For those who are still looking for a pack Yonge st footlocker still has some preorder spots left, checked it out today; Sports Chek in Eaton's Center has approx 12 packs as well as Queen Nike store which has approx. 2 FSRs I believe.

Back
Top Bottom