TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

Here's something funky.

So, these are samples. Though they look like they are partially canvas, they are really a mesh like material. The swoosh and heel tab are made of that older nice quality suede, as is the toe cap area. Unlike most samples, the tag does not list a production date, so I don't even know the year they are from. Any guesses?

Most likely a sample of these. None the less very nice pair.

im pretty sure these are the samples of the 2000 LM black/red lows... the black/red version of the cones. Infact the sample pair of these in navy/orange was for sale too

Most likely a sample of these. None the less very nice pair.

Yeah, that was my best guess as well. And the shape is decent. In fact, in my speadsheet where I keep all my AF1s listed, under year, I entered them as

"2001?" But, the material is different than cones, although I don't have a pair. (Anybody want to trade me a pair?) Cones were 2000, so I was close.

Funny sidenote - when I googled to double check year of Cone release, the first link that came up was Complex, and the pic was yours.

Anyway, I wasn't sure what to expect when I bought them because the pics were terrible and the description wasn't great, but I've gotten many samples from that dude previously, so I just went for it on faith. I like them a lot more than I would have expected.

And, Mike - yeah, I saw a sample pair of cones for sale a while back. Not from the same source though.

Last edited:
Erv, I finally got pair of the shoes in your avi. Grail status for you right? Very sick shoe!

noob question but AF1s from early 00's fit tighter in the toe area then ones now right? tryna get some stuff but i don't want to have to resellem if they don't fit.

noob question but AF1s from early 00's fit tighter in the toe area then ones now right? tryna get some stuff but i don't want to have to resellem if they don't fit.

The older ones definitely fit snugger. This is my opinion, but I think it has to do with thicker padding in the heel area back then.
The last is probably the same now as it was back then, but the materials are different. Plus the toe leather used to come up towards the laces at a slope, now it comes straight up like a box. That also probably adds to fit differences.

Last edited:
Erv, I finally got pair of the shoes in your avi. Grail status for you right? Very sick shoe!

Congrats. That pair is extremely difficult to find. I got mine back about ten years ago and their still DS in box.
How did you grab yours?

The Black/Varsity Red LM release was 2000.
Here is a pic of the tag.

Thanks for the tag pic

has anyone owned the A grades of these?i hear the quality is much better?

I believe my pair is A-grade. I think they were originally from the employee store. Can't remember. My pair is heavy duty though. I don't have a pair of b-corns though, so I can't compare.

Last edited:

has anyone owned the A grades of these?i hear the quality is much better?

I really need to see the difference. I always thought my pair was A-grades. No stamp on the box or tab and the shoe looked legit, but then I got a small crack on the inside. I think there is really no such thing as an A-Grade... Must've been a manufacturing flaw with the whole batch.

Last edited:
The older ones definitely fit snugger. This is my opinion, but I think it has to do with thicker padding in the heel area back then.
The last is probably the same now as it was back then, but the materials are different. Plus the toe leather used to come up towards the laces at a slope, now it comes straight up like a box. That also probably adds to fit differences.

Ight thx.

nah i remember mayor saying that the A grades were so much nicer,thats why i asked.i got my pair back in the day at a nike store for like 40$ bucks.i would guess 90% of the people in the states have b-grades,or b- corns.

nah i remember mayor saying that the A grades were so much nicer,thats why i asked.i got my pair back in the day at a nike store for like 40$ bucks.i would guess 90% of the people in the states have b-grades,or b- corns.

Oh, well if Mayor said so... :rolleyes

He'll say anything to imply that he or whatever he owns is the business.

I'd take the word of Erv, Nadel, etc. over his endlessly self-promoting drivel any day.

From what I've heard/researched in the past is that they had production issues with the shoe and the inside leather is the problem (also heard of flaws in the weaving). Color wear could be an issue too, but is hard to compare someone with sweaty feet to nonsweaty feat, plus it still has to do with the crap inner leather that cracks. People might consider their pairs "A-Grades" because they have had issues "yet" probably because they never wore them. Plus if Nike QA finds a flaw prerelease they stamp em with the " B-Grade" stamp and ship em off to the outlets.

Unless someone can prove they were made in 2 different factories (i.e. China or Thailand or Korea), then they all most likely have the same flaw considering Nike make these in batches before they are released and moves on to the next shoe production.

Tr4nch might have better insight.

And yes, I would take what Mayor says worth a grain of salt.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom