TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

The orange JD's should be back online, they don't do quickstrikes. If they're sold out you should be able to make contact and they could find a pair at one of their stores. They have hundreds of outlets.

i'm guessing those are the total orange featured on the trainer sc's, the cw is actually really similar

Originally Posted by ervinshoes

Yeah, the shape doesn't look too bad on those.
I'm starting to see more and evidence that part (not all)
of the shape problem is the material used.
It certainly has something to do with it. The white/carolinas posted on the previous page are a step in the right direction on the shape - and it may be because of the materials. You can see a bit of a tendency to "fold" or "flop" in toward the middle around the higher-middle lace holes, which is a staple of how the pure shape behaved (especially when unlaced).

The midsole still looks a little thin, but I'll admit it there's a slight step forward in those. Sometimes, almost randomly, you'll see a pic of something newer and it'll look closer shape-wise.

Part of it probably is material - how it sits if left alone. Another part of it is probably just optical (illusions) of how certain colors (and color contrasts and combos) and angles appear in a still picture.

All that said, the grey on the JDs is a little dark for my taste. If the grey was a bit lighter and nice suede, you'd have a classic CW right there. Would really pop and appear to be right out of the vault of obscure '98 - '02 gems.

I really wanted to get those JDs, but I didn't know how their sizing works. An 11 is a US 12, I am pretty sure they use UK sizing, although I could be wrong.

ERV, what size did you order and what US size did you get?

So I landed in Tucson last night. Figures I'd check out the mall today since I'll be here for a good while
Walk in champs and forgot that the jewels dropped in the past few days

The leather is some what better. Obviously still pleather, but was soft and seemed like it wouldn't crease as bad. Shape ehhhh
Overall I'd cop for less than retail. Only new releases I want is that denim pack

Originally Posted by Technique 317

MNadel - bro you're entire collection hurts my feelings....seriously I need to know what ur trick is on some of the forces you come up with...you do the overseas sites? Or you just know people with crazy stuff in their closets??
Mike likes overseas sites (i.e. Yahoo.jp, Raku...)  
tongue.gif

Reserving judgement on the jewels, would check them out if they were less than retail but to be honest I'm keeping my money for 2003 and back releases.

Originally Posted by golfinguru11

I actually like the colorway of these a lot and the quality is probably great, but y'all (at least Bip does) know how I feel about dusty $*+ canvas. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Just couldn't pull the trigger. I also know a certain someone would clown me if I did. 10 bucks says that someone who posts in here copped em though 
roll.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eB...amp;rt=nc#ht_4572wt_1328
I believe those have been up for a while - or at least were up previously and taken down. I thought about them, but I didn't like the price, especially for a size 10, which is actually a bit big on me, especially in lows. But, the CW is awesome. And, acquiring them would motivate me to get the last 2 Pirates hats I need to complete that team's collection. (Yes, I have "purity" rules on fitteds too. LOL)

I think I helped Jae get a pair in an 11 for a steal a while back.

But, GG, I'm glad you aren't a canvas-head (that sounds like a Ghostface lyric). Early canvas is probably my favorite subset of AF1 designs. Highs and lows. So, just glad to have a few competitors for pairs as possible. Plus, I'm not going to get into it with you, in general; fellow George Carlin fans can do no wrong when it comes to something as trivial as sneakers!

those canyons gold canvas are beautiful, i love that shoe so much, and yes BIP you did link me to those thanks again.
and i agree early canvas models are some of the best af1s IMO

Sometimes you just have to pull the trigger on something you rarely see. Who would rather spend that money on Chinese New Year 1's or DS Canvas joints? I know what I would go for.

Originally Posted by suburbanknight

Sometimes you just have to pull the trigger on something you rarely see.
Truth!

The frustration of paying a bit more than you want to is fleeting. The pain of the one that got away is eternal!

Unrelated -

I've been wearing a pair of '04 Valentines mids for the past few days. Put in some work in them - you know how they say that playoff games are worth twice the mileage on your body as regular season games, well that goes for wears of shoes while drunk; a single night of hard boozing is worth a week of casual wear on the odometer of a shoe. Anyway, the color started "peeling" is the best way I can describe it right by where the upper meets the sole. ...I'll have to take a pic.

Has anybody experienced this before? It's never happened to any other pair of Forces I own or owned.

Wow. I'm absolutely kicking myself for not doing the pair in that brown pioneer leather I was gonna do. Those look amazing. Nice job with the contrast stitching.

Damn, those highs are crazy! I stopped checking the ID options for the past few months....I wish i would have made a low top version of them

Nice ID's. Bip that's so true about the damage you can do on a night out. Going to a nightclub with a filthy bathroom floor, being too drunk to notice that someone has scuffed your Wheat co.jp's, deciding to walk home...

Such carelessness is the complete opposite to how it is at home when you decide to Un-DS something for an hour. The funny thing is you throw on some XI's or something really nice for a special night out but you know despite all this effort that are gonna suffer.

Back
Top Bottom