TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

this new look is way too "busy" in my humble opinion... i really appreciated the simplicity of the old NT. all things change, though, and I'll get used to this eventually.

XDA just completed a major site overhaul also. that one is sitting better with me than this one.

no new pickups for me - hopefully one or two coming within the next couple of weeks.

great lemon twists on that last page!

Y'all are sleeping HARD on these new jewels. For a $90 GR air force 1, the quality is actually not bad at all. It doesn't hurt that I paid under retail either :D. The leather is actually flexible, unlike the stiff pleather on most GR AF1s nowadays. Plus they have nylon tongues which all the vintage people like. Obviously not 90s quality, but for 2012? Not bad IMO.

Also put white laces on the reds to make them look a little bit more like my favorite older air force of all time, the 97 red jewels (which I still do not own :rolleyes)

Last edited:
one of the best things when it comes to AF1s......Gum Sole Love :smokin

which is your favourite color of gum? brighter or darker? i really liked the gum they used
on the ID Pair bottom right, but they don't always used the same type of gum for the IDs, the other i got with gum soles are more
like the pairs in the middle (top row).

i am not feeling this new layout at all but i will get used to it...

i never paid attention to the many different shades of gum soles that existed, but i prefer the shade that is on the 3rd pair on the top row

Light gum all the way.

Traveling right now. Will be in shoes for most of he time, but took a pair of kicks for downtime - needed something "universal" so I broke out a fresh pair of 2002 white/gum lows.

That's a great idea for a pic, gldcst. Might have to take one of my own when I get back to homebase.

for the folks that wanted the JD's but could not get them because they sold out, they are releasing in the states on the 15th of next month for $90

for the folks that wanted the JD's but could not get them because they sold out, they are releasing in the states on the 15th of next month for $90

I know, definitely excited about that.

As for those red jewels, if it's the ones I think you're talking about, the came with round white laces, if you feel like taking it that far. If you really want to try to re-create them, you could try using a white gloss pain on the jewel swoosh. I have no idea why they made the swoosh on those that darker red color, just washes the whole shoe out. I hope they do some more thought-out jewel forces in the future.

Also, big shout out to mtr4nch!
Forwarded me to some killer Bee mids for relatively cheap.

no prob dude, post them up when you get them!

that is great news, definitely going to try and pick up a pair. thanks for the info.

one of the best things when it comes to AF1s......Gum Sole Love :smokin

which is your favourite color of gum? brighter or darker? i really liked the gum they used
on the ID Pair bottom right, but they don't always used the same type of gum for the IDs, the other i got with gum soles are more
like the pairs in the middle (top row).

bottom right, 3rd from the right, and 3rd from the left are :pimp:

i actually have a couple of pickups, first in months..

finally found a fresh pair of black htm's. the construction/leather quality of these have to rank in the top 5 easily.

next to my brown pair that i've had for a while.

and last but not least... these white/true red 1991 high's. i've been looking for these for about 8 or 9 years now, and have never seen them for sale, let alone ds and in my size. guess i got lucky!

this is the only picture i've ever seen of them that i saved back in like 2003:

boooom :pimp:

i got the lows from like '04 they were very similar to these highs, beat them to death....but they're nothing against these!

Nice pickup Matt! I was after those too, but the seller just stopped communicating with me all of the sudden. You must've made him an offer he couldn't refuse! Now I'll regret not placing the eBay bid...

Nice pickup Matt! I was after those too, but the seller just stopped communicating with me all of the sudden. You must've made him an offer he couldn't refuse! Now I'll regret not placing the eBay bid...

:smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh: @ how that seller does business. If you didn't live in NY/NJ, I would have those.

Nice pick up Matt...Oh that's right I'm the guy who sold them to you who does bad business.  Pfffft!  Actually Matt was the 1st person to contact me and his offer was better then everyone elses and he drove an hour and a half to get the shoes.  I'm a fair guy I answered offers in the order they were received.  If that's not fair then I don't know what is.  I apologize to anyone here who missed out but I can always check for more.  Of course since Matt is good people and I have done good business with him he's VIP:wink:  Here's a couple examples of what I have.

1995 Air Force 1 Mid SC Carolina Blue in size 12 and 13.

1994 Air force 1 High Canvas Black True Red size 10

My apologies again to anyone who missed out but I did it the fairest way possible. 

Nice pick up Matt...Oh that's right I'm the guy who sold them to you who does bad business.  Pfffft!  Actually Matt was the 1st person to contact me and his offer was better then everyone elses and he drove an hour and a half to get the shoes.  I'm a fair guy I answered offers in the order they were received.  If that's not fair then I don't know what is.  I apologize to anyone here who missed out but I can always check for more.  Of course since Matt is good people and I have done good business with him he's VIP :wink: 

IDK i guess i don't understand why you would even list them on ebay if you are just going to have a "friend" come by and pick them up. I cant justify paying over $300 for them, but thats just me. Nevertheless, dope pickup sir.

And BTW, I thought you didn't own them? Or do you? :rolleyes

Last edited:
IDK i guess i don't understand why you would even list them on ebay if you are just going to have a "friend" come by and pick them up. I cant justify paying over $300 for them, but thats just me. Nevertheless, dope pickup sir.
And BTW, I thought you didn't own them? Or do you?
eyes.gif
Matt wasn't a friend, he just emailed me on ebay first.  He wanted to set up an outside deal and I told him the same thing I told everyone else.  I had to ask the person who owned the shoes what they wanted to do.  The owner said to let the auction go so that's what I did.  Matt contacted first and then contacted me first again after the shoes didn't sell.  I contacted the owner of the shoes after they didn't sell with Matt's offer first because he contacted me first.  The owner accepted.  I'm a newbie in the sneaker game.  I've always loved and had sneakers but I never really collected them.  I just happened to come across someone who was selling vintage sneakers and after talking with them they offered me an opportunity to sell shoes for them.  I accepted and just post the sneakers at the price they tell me.  If the sneakers don't sell then I discuss with the owner about dropping the price.  For instance the Carolina Blue Air Force 1s I posted above the owner said to start at $250.  They didn't sell so I talked with them to drop the price.  They said ok and said to start them at $150 the 2nd time around.  I can't say what is worth what and how fair the owner's prices are because I honestly don't know.  I do know that finding ANY shoe new in the box from the 90s for sale is rare. 

In a nutshell the owner of the shoes is clearing out an estate for a friend.  The owner of the estate just bought shoes.  He bought shoes constantly in no particular size or style from Jordans to Ponys.  All said and done he had roughly about 9000 pairs of shoes.  His house was filled and he had 7 storage units filled with shoes as well.  All the shoes were bought and never worn, once he bough them he stacked them with the others.  Basically this is a once in a lifetime chance to find vintage sneakers new in the box unless you have a connection with the guys from Pawn Stars:wink:  If you have any requests then PM me and I will look for you.  Thanks all.

Back
Top Bottom