TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

Those new ID options is straight buns!! :x

Being a size 12-13 buying AF1's nowadays is borderline impossible to find some real heat.

I was actually on my way to a wedding when I noticed sneakers on the table at a garage sale. So I just pulled over to check it out. Of course my girl was in my ear about being late so the 10 mins I had I was lookin crazy haha. Saw the cvs joints on top. Dude was like mid 50s and mostly had runners that weren't air maxes from the 90s. So I just scooped the cvs pair. Might go back today just cuz and see what other gems he got.

found these at a garage sale for 15$. and sz 9.5 (my size) no box though =/

greatest day ever

This hobby has turned to hypebeast, rsvp, celebrity cult like following(Mr.West) and just disappointment, but it stories like these that keep it alive. Stopping by a garage sale and randomly finding a grail. That's how it was done back in the day before everything was at your finger tips through the internet and I think that's what made it great. The thrill of the hunt. I remember so many stories from back then, people driving out to other states and sifting through hundreds of boxes of old mom and pop storage rooms. People driving by picking up crazy sb's from garage sales. We are in a different age of collecting and this hobby has definitely changed but I still love stories like these. It's what made it fun and great over the years.

great pickup

Last edited:
Well said, my brother.

This whole thread is an oasis in the hobby where the tail now wags the dog. And, the regulars here are top notch, solid guys. The AF1 was always one of my two favorite shoes (neck and neck with the AM95), but this thread and the peeps here help preserve my passion for the model. The irony of the whole HB culture and the AF1 is that on basically every single page in this thread, something that is far more "rare" than a Lebron PE of whatever is posted. ...You need more than money to build a great AF1 collection (though money helps) and that is the garlic to the HB vampire.

That's what sums this thread up. Anyone with cash can get as many ID's, bespokes, PE's today and start rubbing it in people's faces. All I know is that finding a DS pair of Atmos or Courir's isn't easy, finding Purple Highs or CVS joints is even harder.

Most HB's with the cash to support a robocop policy have no need to scratch the surface when it comes to AF1's. Just get the basics and throw 'em out after a few wears. It's a completely different mentality up here.

makes me think of the classic post.

"where can i find [insert shoe size] [insert co.jp,jewel,etc.]? thanks"

I agree except on the topic of PE's - they are pretty impossible to find too. I'm just not interested in them because a pair not released to the public isn't rare in my eyes. Pairs that are equal opportunity to anyone and hard to find are rare. Just my two cents.

For a lot of PEs - especially "Brons" all you have to do is wave some cash around and they'll come running to you. Those things get produced by the hundreds. If you're talking about older PEs, yeah, sure. You want to find some Ray Allen Bucks 8s, that's no easy task.

But, here's the irony - and I've ranted about this in other threads before. HBs don't really want the rarest of the rare because then all their idiot IG followers don't know what the shoe is, or it's significance, when it is posted. They need lowest common denominator heat. In terms of rarity, something like a Deftones dunk or Glassjaw Blazer was produced in lower quantity than a lot of the Bron PEs, but the average 16 year old social media consumer who looks up to these dudes don't have any idea of what that shoe is, so flashing it wouldn't get e-props.

All that said, there are a few Bron PE 7s and 8s that I do need to pick-up.

funny how the internet is responsible for so much good and so much bad at the same time.

HBs don't really want the rarest of the rare because then all their idiot IG followers don't know what the shoe is, or it's significance, when it is posted. They need lowest common denominator heat.
that is, perhaps, one of the most insightful things i've read in a bit. nice.

For a lot of PEs - especially "Brons" all you have to do is wave some cash around and they'll come running to you. Those things get produced by the hundreds. If you're talking about older PEs, yeah, sure. You want to find some Ray Allen Bucks 8s, that's no easy task.

But, here's the irony - and I've ranted about this in other threads before. HBs don't really want the rarest of the rare because then all their idiot IG followers don't know what the shoe is, or it's significance, when it is posted. They need lowest common denominator heat. In terms of rarity, something like a Deftones dunk or Glassjaw Blazer was produced in lower quantity than a lot of the Bron PEs, but the average 16 year old social media consumer who looks up to these dudes don't have any idea of what that shoe is, so flashing it wouldn't get e-props.

All that said, there are a few Bron PE 7s and 8s that I do need to pick-up.

I have to agree with waving a wad of cash. If you have money they will come to you. I had most Lebron PE's at one point or another with exception of a few, like prototypes and some crazy 1 of 1. The really rare stuff are for the true collectors not your common HB with money because they wouldn't know what it is. I moved stuff to these new collectors I'm talking 8-10k per deal like every other week. When I offered really rare stuff that most people didn't know about they would pass.

I have to agree with waving a wad of cash. If you have money they will come to you. I had most Lebron PE's at one point or another with exception of a few, like prototypes and some crazy 1 of 1. The really rare stuff are for the true collectors not your common HB with money because they wouldn't know what it is. I moved stuff to these new collectors I'm talking 8-10k per deal like every other week. When I offered really rare stuff that most people didn't know about they would pass.
How did you come across those PEs? 
nerd.gif
 I'm sure having a small foot helps too, right?

PEs don't come in small sizes

Really depends what kind of PE it is. I've personally seen 'Bron PEs come in damn near every size possible - partly because his camp is extremely large and they must be requesting a FSR.

From my perspective, I started doing my sneaker thing in 1999. Went through my jordan, dunk, and air max phase. One thing I love about forces is that til today I can still find a pair of forces that I have NEVER seen before. So many hidden gems its ridiculous.

side note: it irks me when HB refer to 99-01 retro jordans with the nike air as "OG"...:smh: maybe its just me? haha i cant stand that. THEY'RE STILL RETROS!

PEs don't come in small sizes

They come in all sizes. Smaller sizes aren't as common since most players wear larger sizes so they get made more in bigger sizes. I have seen sizes as small as 6. Eminems were made even smaller 4.5Y

Last edited:
How did you come across those PEs? 
nerd.gif

I'm sure having a small foot helps too, right?

xilegacy isn't a small foot. He is my size and has tons of heat! :evil:

Gotta admit though, Denim Kobes are :smokin

Canvas Hi's at a garage sale! :wow: :pimp: Canvas Hi's continue to evade me.

Last edited:
instagram isn't about having the rarest at all, entirely right. it's about having what's recognizable and juicing saturation and contrast. and fake bokeh, aka faux-keh.

Oh well I'm sorry, seemed small from the pics I seen from him.

No need to apologize, I wasn't getting on your case.

As far as gimmick shoes go. I jumped all over those Supreme AF1s- not for the name, just for the perfect execution of all 3 shoes.

And speaking of execution, the June IDs are complete trash.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom