TEAM AIR TRAINER

i remember getting about 8 pairs when they were $34.99 at Niketown. Not a big seller because "colors" were not the in thing at that time.

Im sure some of you remember these OG elephant trainers being posted in the past. I just tracked down all the pics I had of them. I owned the green pair withthe strap, and could have owned the red pair w/o strap, but lost the auction. this was maybe 8 or so years ago? I ended up trading the green pair to AirRevback then for a pair of 99 black and red AJ IVs, still a decent trade, but in hindsight I would have rather kept the trainers, I can't complain though. Thered pair went to another old NTer I ended up meeting years later, I think he may have gotten rid of them, because I know he had them on auction a few yearsago, not sure if they sold though. Im not even sure if AirRev still owns the green pair, who knows. The green and red pairs were both auctioned off by the sameseller originally. I believe both are from 1988, they came with an older nike box (not the kind with the gray bottom) as you can kind of get a glimpse of insome of the pics. Aside from those two pairs, I don't think i've ever seen any others in 10 or so years, crazy! Here's a never seen before timelineof ownership of these particular shoes in pics, lol. Still trippin on this myself.

Pics from the original auction

2mpy9o6.jpg

es91e1.jpg

My personal pics from when I owned them (crappy camera back in 01, lol)

jfvqsi.jpg

2m2ayyc.jpg

2v2ik5t.jpg

jttjqu.jpg

pics airrev posted when he got them from me

2h6ez2e.jpg

1sy3x4.jpg

A pic from what I believe is a feature on someone's website, pretty sure the shoes were courtesy of airrev.

6jq0pv.jpg

The red pair, pics from the original auction

33tno9d.jpg

103x3l1.jpg

pic from the 2nd owner's auction

2vuc01k.jpg

i thought i saved alot of older photos.. good stuff pd1.

some added stuff to what you had posted...
heres a scan that accompanyied the trainer 1 low elephant print:
18e25e34be673c26ca5b1ab3c3d33427a542541.pjpg

and i think from the most recent ebay auction of the lows:
when i say recent, im guessing atleast 6-18 months ago:
45a15f4b66c3c3b8698f1881682caf95bef97a0.jpg

haha, yep, good estimate, probably closer to 18 months ago. did you bid on them? still wonder if he sold them. not for me tho
smile.gif

nope. i remember seeing them listed. i think they were listed rather up there price wise, $250-300 range. I just can't handle buying vintage unwearableshoes anymore after my first used vintage cross trainer crumbled. I had a good 12-15 wears but that wasnt enough. most comfortable shoe ive ever worn.

speaking of ebay., someone got a heck of a deal on these vintage bo sc trainers:
Item number: 170315025169
ended today $125
CDocumentsandSettingsJanilynRoseMyDocumentsEBAYPICTURESniki2.jpg

-box,booklet, everything ds.

any NTers pick these up? Id love to see further pictures once you get them, especially that 1990 cross trainer booklet that came with the shoes.

the state of sneaker collecting is so messed up in my eyes. 800 for some yeezy's with no true history or story and being bought for collection purposes yethere a shoe almost 20 years old in DS state with everything goes for the price it did when it came out 20 years ago. I was expecting $300-400 range

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

nope. i remember seeing them listed. i think they were listed rather up there price wise, $250-300 range. I just can't handle buying vintage unwearable shoes anymore after my first used vintage cross trainer crumbled. I had a good 12-15 wears but that wasnt enough. most comfortable shoe ive ever worn.

the state of sneaker collecting is so messed up in my eyes. 800 for some yeezy's with no true history or story and being bought for collection purposes yet here a shoe almost 20 years old in DS state with everything goes for the price it did when it came out 20 years ago. I was expecting $300-400 range
you answered your state of sneaker collecting statement above if i am reading correctly.. Its unwearable. Even if it was flawless with no crackingits still a trophy piece. I certainly appreciate it but as far as selling shoes like that there just isnt much value to them. Even jordans which everyoneballwashes dont get sold at high prices for old OG unwearable pairs. All the dudes sitting on OG pairs of Jordans who think they have thousands coming theirway will be surprised. Its like that with shoes in general. A shoe is not worth the price you think it is until someone pays that price. Goes for jordans, Sbs,Dunks, forces, etc etc.
I think the seller did pretty good to be honest.

OL WHOADIE BASTARD - very nice grouping, man - sweet - liking the way you've managed to keep most of the SC outsoles whiter than yellowed - what size areyou btw? Unless the pictures have been resized I'm guessing a sz 9?

Overall, it is a difficult call - having true OGs that you can't wear due to the fear of disintegration yet stare at on your shelf

VS.

having the dumbed down brutalized off-colour poorer quality built with shoddy material less accurate retro that is finally released a decade or so past itsfirst version that you can wear right now... It would be nice to have both
tongue.gif

Having a shoe that cant be worn is an investment for someone who truly likes that shoe and weather they can wear it or not it means the same. Thats the key.Whats your personal motivation/rationale for buyin a shoe. Is it to get validation or is it for yoru own personal gratification. Some people are at that levelof appreciation for shoes. There's nothing wrong with it. Everyone has thier own reasons and should be respected. But 99% of the "sneakerheads"are not at that level. Plus remember its "just" a trainer. Its tough to show off a trainer to 99% of the "sneakerheads" who care solelyabout ball washing jumpman or falling right into the hype of the air cheesy...err...yeezy. Sheep will be sheep, Most are into shoes for the short term, forgratifiction, for acceptance from whomever. And to each their own. I can respect anyone who likes shoes or if they dont its all teh same to me. I always wonderif sneaker contests and message boards didnt exist how many would actually buy shoes like they currently do. Just my 2 cents and my opinion certainly shouldntaffect your own personal thoughst in anyway.

i share that view corgi, i wish i was around in the days where, as you state so many times, no matter how nice a shoe was, it was possible to walk into localfootlockers and see them in FSR's and even on sale at times. the days of ever seeing any half-decent shoe be available for even retail is almost gone,which is a shame and definitely a product of what the culture has become in the past few years. i really dislike seeing the lines and mobs and beatings thathappen now that are really due only to the hype that exists now. it is just slowly starting to hit canada, i see it more and more every day.

OWB- siiick. looks like somewhere around my size too, damn...

^^^^^^--things have definitley changed. And whether its for better or worse thats up to the individual. But remember, the sneaker companies production isstrictly based to who is buying the shoes. So although it seems like not a single person on NT follows hype and so forth, we are all a product of hype andmarketing and trend forecasts whether we admit it or not. the current market for shoes is a result of none other than the "sneakerhead" him/herself.No one to blame but the people buying the shoes. And who am i to say its a bad thing. Its not my cup of tea but its just my opinion.

what a bidding battle going on now. just an hour left on ebay. who is watching that one pair... yellowed plastic straps dont mean nothing when youre after anOG c/w retro..

Nike LISTEN UP!

Went to buy more @%*$, came away with nothing. 3 times this week i went for a look and came back with stuff. Always theway...wore these anyhoo.

Originally Posted by jbv1

OL WHOADIE BASTARD - very nice grouping, man - sweet - liking the way you've managed to keep most of the SC outsoles whiter than yellowed - what size are you btw? Unless the pictures have been resized I'm guessing a sz 9?

Overall, it is a difficult call - having true OGs that you can't wear due to the fear of disintegration yet stare at on your shelf

VS.

having the dumbed down brutalized off-colour poorer quality built with shoddy material less accurate retro that is finally released a decade or so past its first version that you can wear right now... It would be nice to have both
tongue.gif
9-9.5 in trainer sc's, 9.5-10 in AT1's and AT3's

the duplicate pair of the Raiders colorway is 8.5 and the OG royals colorway (retro version) is size 11...lookin' to flip both pairs

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by OL WHOADIE BASTARD

a4a2wh.jpg
frown.gif
why'd I sell my pair
frown.gif
had a pair before and sold them and i re-bought this pair not that long ago...still haven't worn them yet

also had the black/grey AT3, sold them, and re-bought them recently

OWB, i like all your shoes. whats your shoe size? please dont say 12-13 lol.

there was a FSR of the white/grey/red atIIIs quoted above on ebay in the last 6-7 months. seller had them going for $90-110. I have my beat pair that I barelywear so I just couldnt see myself getting another.

speaking of adding doubles, I just couldnt pull the plug on this ebay item either:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260385625056
$205. Nice little duel between a few bidders driving that right up.

Ive never had experience with de yellowing the plastic straps.. will the black stitching also unyellow? exactly what part is yellowed. I could see aboutunyellowing the rubber midsole. but even then, at that price, i would expect near perfection... it goes to show how hungry a few trainer fans are, whomever wasbidding on these
8d3e_12.JPG

for years and years you release complete crap. then these few glimmers of hope come about. this may be only the 3rd or 4th pair that ive seen on EBAY over thecourse of the past 5 years. Rare is an understatement yet the price point is still below a shoe like the air yeezys.. this trainer-a true grail of all grailsthat has desrves that status.. that speaks volumes to what i feel is priorities being straight and trainer collectors being realists...

modzzilla, how are those 08s holding up? Having owned the 2002s and seeing and feeling the 08s, i sought fit to sell my 08s as they were similiar to my 02s...

What I wore today.. i think this is a great idea to throw in our own WDYWT in here to continue with keeping this thread alive:
d2d25a44da6d4c7acb8bd2efe40feac990083c5.jpg
4e21554b6cc6ceb8d68c026ac802fe5dd8b7b43.jpg

-lace locks doing their job here.

Originally Posted by BubbaEla1

Having a shoe that cant be worn is an investment for someone who truly likes that shoe and weather they can wear it or not it means the same. Thats the key. Whats your personal motivation/rationale for buyin a shoe. Is it to get validation or is it for yoru own personal gratification. Some people are at that level of appreciation for shoes. There's nothing wrong with it. Everyone has thier own reasons and should be respected. But 99% of the "sneakerheads" are not at that level. Plus remember its "just" a trainer. Its tough to show off a trainer to 99% of the "sneakerheads" who care solely about ball washing jumpman or falling right into the hype of the air cheesy...err...yeezy. Sheep will be sheep, Most are into shoes for the short term, for gratifiction, for acceptance from whomever. And to each their own. I can respect anyone who likes shoes or if they dont its all teh same to me. I always wonder if sneaker contests and message boards didnt exist how many would actually buy shoes like they currently do. Just my 2 cents and my opinion certainly shouldnt affect your own personal thoughst in anyway.
co-sign, corgi, well said

08s are fine Sinnier, only the 3rd time Ive worn them, trainers are grails so it's special occasions only, and must befine, sunny, no chance of rain. On my current top 5 list. (list frequently changes...)

In no particular order...

2000's are looking fresh wally, repainted pair? anyways, won some at1 low's, sorry if i outbid anyone. hopefully this pair will give me enough of a fixto hold off until i spot some 00's or more saviers.

moddzilla- that is a niiiice rotation my man. i just can't do transformers personally.

of the most recent sample pic's, did anyone else spot what looked like an acg model with the at1 toe strap?

The Primes might be my fave shoe of all time, based on the fact that i wear them the least, so don't want to hurtthem...

I have a soft spot for these though....(borrowed pic)

Back
Top Bottom