TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by El Bro

Originally Posted by Baybully650

UKBased - both pairs you posted are sick. I found a pair of those Bursts on craigslist the other day for $40 but passed because I didnt feel like spending the time to clean them up. How's the comfort on the Bursts compared to the 87s?

air max 87 - lovin all those IDs.

IMO the uppers on the 87's are more comfortable than the burst.  They fit better.  Thats with Mesh of course.  As far as the midsole, its going to be a preference.  I will say that the bigger air unit on the burst does not make the shoe any more comfortable than the AM1 with the smaller air unit.

I'd agree with that. I personally find that Bursts pinch my toes a little, whereas the 87 fits perfect in that regard. Love the amount of ankle padding on Bursts though - With older retros at any rate.
Some pics of more 87's dropping for Spring:

http://sneakernews.com/20...1-april-2010-collection/

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

2ltm52g.jpg

roll.gif

^^^ Dude is going to come in here and drop a freakin book on us.

Chapter 1.) dhg;jjahdgjansbdgvjabnsdgjbs STEEEZ dhgjadngkadnsvamsndvahsdfjashndgjsdb

STYLE sbgajs;dbng;ashndfgjasehfau CLONES jjsbgjasbdjgasdjgbasgdb HATERS

jdsabjshgjasbdgb SHORTY jahgsd;jkbjd;ghjqshgnahsdgjkb DJ shdkfhnasdghsdfhg;ashd

SINCE DA 90s jdhg;jashdg;hasfdkghfdj BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA jhsdfjhadsjgjsdgb I DONT CARE WHAT PEOPLE THINK/ SAY ABOUT ME

insert book here: _______

roll.gif

real talk tho, some times i'll reply to stuff, sure, but if i truly cared i'd actually change my style to fit in with what the majority around here does...

don't hold your breath on that happening, evar!
wink.gif

yesterday to take the girl out for valentines day:

4360804408_abcbca7e73_o.jpg

tongue popper for life!!!
pimp.gif

Justin, flights or foams today? Eggplant foams for me btw.

LOL at Kev.

UKBased, thanks for the link on the AM1s. Surprisingly decent-looking colorways slated to release. See how much nicer shoes can look without having to use animal skins and dried Cambodian breast milk all over the place?

I guess the emaciated and non-existent mudguards are here to stay for AM1s now.
ohwell.gif

Sup FAM!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Y'all are far too kind lol! I used Acrylic paint, specifically Liquidtex Soft Body, which works well with mesh. I'm surprised that the mesh didn't stiffen as much as I expected it to. I haven't "customized" any shoes (excluding iDs lol) since 07ish, and I guess I still got it.
happy.gif

Here's the before shot...
e8s6s2.jpg

Final product...
2r2wrw6.jpg

ACDC rocked the %*+#!!$ house last night, i'm deaf, got a sore throat, ace.

These to work today:

recycled

^^Personal preference.

i liked it the way it was before, because it stood out more. great job, never the less!

^i was referring to the undft stabs.

and stuntman, leave him alone. you're just making matters worse.

Ray - those are pretty nice, i agree the changes look better. nice jon man!
edit:

Modz (an any other fammers) - those am1/trainer hybrids are really starting to grow on me. hows the comfort/quality on them? 

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Justin, flights or foams today? Eggplant foams for me btw.
ASG foam lites
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
@ Kev....you're about as adamant about this guy's deformed shoes as you are about the AM 24/7
roll.gif

Ray - the extra black really sets it off.
pimp.gif

I am in no way advocating for Proto, but if you look through the first 10 pages of this thread you will see many of the OG members "popping"

this is a BG pic

this is a Mic pic

I typically "pop" one shoe for pics if I'm wearing pants, but only for the pic

again not trying to go against you Kev, and am no way comparing these shots to some reach-around-lace-tongue-pop thing that Proto might have done (never saw the pic in question, I have him on ignore).  just saying I've seen some old timers do it to.

jibby- my dude look how it is done though bro. That %#% looks dope.

He ties his shoe laces behind his tongue and and strangles the poor tongue to come out like if he's wearing damn shin guards.

trust me I pop them out too

^^Beautiful 95s. Stash's look so nice. I'm eventually going to have to sell a few pairs to get those....and the BWs

Originally Posted by AmnMolinar

jibby- my dude look how it is done though bro. That %#% looks dope.

He ties his shoe laces behind his tongue and and strangles the poor tongue to come out like if he's wearing damn shin guards.

trust me I pop them out too
like I said, I'm not advocating for whatever Proto does.  I don't see his pics cus he is on ignore. I suggest others do the same if it's an issue
and I'm not sure I really need to be shown how it's 'done.'  if you have been around here you have seen my pics and I would assume that no one finds how I wear my maxes to be too out of the ordinary. 
Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

damn you jibbycanoe!!!
*shakes fist at phone*
this had me
roll.gif

but you know I'm with you man.  I am no OG member but I have tons of respect for our little family here and know what you were getting at on your first post.  I feel you, and I am glad you brought it up. 
maybe (probably) it's more of a person(al) issue on this one, in which case I refer you to the first part of my response to Molinar above..

anyhow, hope those of you who go the day off were able to enjoy it

POP POP!

I just think the hole thing is halarious...

I may have popped a few a while back, but for me I just put on the shoes and let the pants sit where they want to sit... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom