TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by s dubl

Originally Posted by gswarriorz

^^^How u gonna hate on the Parmesan Garlic???
smh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
  not like that...Mango Habanero is crack, love that stuff. I even buy bottles of it for the house haha. Need to re-up soon
laugh.gif
love how mango habanero has a kick, but yall gotta step up and go with blazin
roll.gif

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

Brian- Feeling those Bursts, will you be doing the misole?
RL - if you're talking about briannnnn's red white and blues, those are air max 93's, and an excellent colorway at that.

morning fam.  I see we got a little east/west rivalry crackin'.  no offense but of course you know I love seeing the Lakers lose.  Lakers go 0-3, Nuggets go 3-0.  I'll take it.  dont' sleep on Dallas though, they are looking really good.  like Andrew said, I cannot wait for the playoffs.  and in the east, Cavs look very strong.  I still like the Hawks for a possible spoiler team somewhere in there.  I hope we see Hawks/Celtics in the playoffs because I think the Hawks can dominate that series.  at this point I'm not sure if anybody's beating the Cavs, but gotta see what happens if/when Z comes back and see how they can readjust their chemistry to fit him back in.  shouldn't be too hard since he played there his whole career. 

anyway, gotta get to work, I'll check back in around 11:00 mountain time
wink.gif

Originally Posted by s dubl

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

Sdub- Lakers looking weak!! Its the Cavs year to take it man...
25p1z4w.jpg
Dunno, Shaun - Lakeshow came short again yesterday.  Cavs are doing their thang.  I love me some Kobe, but I think Bron is getting his first ring this year...

Daazn, thanks for these!

246u9zr.jpg

WHAT UP FAM!!!!

I picked up my 3rd pair of USA Bursts recently and have had a real tough time cleaning them up. I used water that was too hot, and
the blue ran onto the mesh and midsole. Not a huge deal since the midsole was gettin a re-paint anyway,
but the mesh is givin me a real tough time. Still on the hunt for a DS pair.
nerd.gif
  I'll post follow up pix when I finally do finish these up.
What they look like for now....

The Air Burst has long been my favorite sneaker, and I've been on
a mission to find out exactly what the first colorways were.

Thanks to the help of some FAM I've come across 4 OG colorways so far.  Thanks to all that have helped me out!!!!
The Air Burst isn't very well documented like the more popular 1, 90, etc, so the info isn't that easy to come by.
I remember vividly being blown away by the "BURST" when the OGs released as a kid, but
couldn't recall a specific year. From what I've gathered they were first produced and released in late 94-96.

Last week was a wonderful week, to say the least. I scored 2 of the 3 OG colorways I really wanted. One of which I never
thought I'd EVER find. They're both DS, with box, paper, arch supports and everything.  Still can't really believe it.
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

First up is a Footlocker Exclusive from 1996:

And last, but damn sure not least.....

1995 OG Air Burst

A Couple Group Shots:

2 down, 1 to go.....

I don't think I've been ever been as thrilled to land a pair of sneakers.
To land these two in the same week........I honestly don't have the words.
These take me back to when sneakers were beautiful, well-made, un-hyped, innovative, and available to anyone who wanted them.

-Andrew-

**If the last pair ever goes anywhere you know they're all yours Brian!! Team Burst All Day!

i always find it amazing how sometimes we come across sneakers sold old with everything still intact, box, paper, etc..... dope find, is that bottom colorway black or dark blue?

whew, I was hoping to get my post in before Andrew's, because his '95 bursts just basically make me want to cry, haha.  but for what it's worth, here are my pickups.  you might notice something a little similar about our posts, haha. Burst Brothers!

first off, shout out to Edge, thanks bro.  cleaned them up a bit andthey're looking fresh.  I am surprised and pleased by the quality onthese, the insides are nicer than any other pair I own! TSIA:

Originally Posted by crisone

Chris.....looking at your pics make me want to re-up the Safari TAF tee, hmmmmmmmmmmmm.
pleeeease do it! 
happy.gif
and if not, somebody sell me their TAF safari tee in a Large!

then we'll shift gears to a TCA pickup (EEntegRa, I think it was youwho heads upped these,  I was sweating the blast cuz I was already onit, but it ended up working out for me quickly so it was all good,haha) - $65 shipped, deadstock, box is a little torn up, but shoes are great (these are being held for ransom - ransom being those '95 bursts):

bonus:

and finally another TSIA pickup, this is what I was getting all excited about a week or two ago.  deadstock 1996Footlocker Exclusive "Madras Red" Nike Air Burst, these are just absolutely beautiful in person and they seem to be completely wearable.  as you can imagine, I was ecstatic to find something this rare in this condition.  plus the Air Burst is my favorite AM, so it really felt great to acquire these.

also, I got one more vintage pair coming in but didn't want to waitbecause it seems like the seller is a bit slow. oh, and shout out toSeth as well for the beater USA triax, I will post pics after I work onthem.  thanks man!

wow. sick burst pickups Andrew and denver. very well done. it's amazing there are DS pairs of those still left out there. congrats fellas!

Alrighty, for all who ordered "Blog" tees, they're all shipped (except JC5123, waiting for e-check to clear)....and your decals were added as well:

Link in sig if anyone else is interested.......

Cris.

The 'Burst Brothers' just shut it down. It doesn't get much better than those in my opinion. Congrats to both of you on some super sick pickups.

Originally Posted by air max 1

i always find it amazing how sometimes we come across sneakers sold old with everything still intact, box, paper, etc..... dope find, is that bottom colorway black or dark blue?

Those are Black / Madras Red, as Brian mentioned.  Crazy to think what's hiding, still untouched, from 15+ years ago, isn't it?

I just gotta say those '95 bursts are just so amazing. this is the first time I've seen a pair since I first saw Oli's pic of them on his feet way back when I first started browsing this thread. I never thought the next pair I saw would be my size and deadstock, crazy how that works out haha. at least it's you who has them and not some random person. I appreciate being next in line to own those if they ever leave your possession! and yes, just imagine what's out there... keep hunting and keep the hope alive folks!

^very nice ids cris, I am thinking about getting one of your blog tee's

dang the bursts on the last page are serious heat, i really need to get more bursts

speaking of Bursts, just saw these 200445335019 used 11.5 Shady Bursts ending soon on the auction site. sorry if already posted...

James - haha what you got for me???? and where' s your pickup, we're supposed to be battling!

jibby - yeah that's the same seller I got my USA's off of. I would recommend sending him an offer if anybody is trying to get those shadys. they look like they need a little TLC, but overall, they're in great shape and the price right now with no bids is lower than I've ever seen a pair of shadys for on ebay. if I had any more $ to spend right now I probably would have tried to make a deal on both pairs from the dude.

eorr23wrote:
^very nice ids cris, I am thinking aboutgetting one of your blogtee's

..............Thanks, andword to Joe, airmaxjunlkee on ISS for the ID/Design, and sure, pleasedo get a tee or 5, haha, hopefully if I make enough loot off the sales,I can re-up the Team AM Fam tees.

Cris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom