TEAM FITNESS OFFICIAL NUTRITION THREAD

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Dude, that Sabra hummus is craaaaaaaaaackkkkkkkkkkk. It's only 70 calories per tablespoon so I wouldnt worry too much about it.
LOL. You can't justify health foods by the amount of calories. Calories don't mean ####. Hummus contains a lot of fat, and the store-bought brands don't even use cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil.

This Sabra gunk contains 7g of fat for every 2 tablespoons. Who eats 2 tbl of hummus? But the worst part is look at where this fat is coming from:
[h4][/h4]
[h4]Ingredients[/h4]
Cooked Chickpeas [Chickpeas (Garbanzos), Water], Tahini (Ground Sesame), Soybean And/Or Canola Oil, Garlic, Salt, Citric Acid, Seasoning And Spices, Natural Flavors, Potassium Sorbate Added To Maintain Freshness.

Rancid, genetically modified, de-odorized, free radical producing vegetable oil(s). Have fun trying to balance your omega-3/omega-6-9 ratio back to 1:3.

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Dude, that Sabra hummus is craaaaaaaaaackkkkkkkkkkk. It's only 70 calories per tablespoon so I wouldnt worry too much about it.
LOL. You can't justify health foods by the amount of calories. Calories don't mean ####. Hummus contains a lot of fat, and the store-bought brands don't even use cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil.

This Sabra gunk contains 7g of fat for every 2 tablespoons. Who eats 2 tbl of hummus? But the worst part is look at where this fat is coming from:
[h4][/h4]
[h4]Ingredients[/h4]
Cooked Chickpeas [Chickpeas (Garbanzos), Water], Tahini (Ground Sesame), Soybean And/Or Canola Oil, Garlic, Salt, Citric Acid, Seasoning And Spices, Natural Flavors, Potassium Sorbate Added To Maintain Freshness.

Rancid, genetically modified, de-odorized, free radical producing vegetable oil(s). Have fun trying to balance your omega-3/omega-6-9 ratio back to 1:3.

Chill son. I make my own. Hummus + salt + lemon + paprika + minced garlic + water + cumin + olive oil = Heavenly delight.

lets bring this thread from the dead...recent pickups

sncpzk.jpg

i was thinking to buy some blueberries to mix with my bland %!$ oats..you know, add some confetti to it...copped some whole wheat pita bread to eat with my chicken breasts or tuna

my breakfast
tongue.gif

303ebue.jpg

Coming Soon

Salmon Alfredo Pasta. (Wheat Pasta).

Working on low calorie/fat alfredo sauce. Once finished I will post pics and recipe.

Originally Posted by djkaos23

Coming Soon

Salmon Alfredo Pasta. (Wheat Pasta).

Working on low calorie/fat alfredo sauce. Once finished I will post pics and recipe.

Well first off i didnt get my home made alfredo sauce done to my liking, i will get it right though. I didnt want to eat late so i use a store bought alfredo sauce. Here we go...

Ingredients..

1. Full Circle Organic Penne Wheat Pasta
2. 2 Grilled Blackened Salmon Fillets  (No Skin)
3. Bagged Broccoli Florets (just plain ol cut up broccoli)
4. Classico Creamy Alfredo Sauce
5. 2 tbs of unsalted butter (or low fat substitute for butter like smart balance)
6. Seasoning Salt, Paprika, Old Bay seasoning, Tony's creole seasoning (all for Salmon) & Garlic Salt (seasoning for broccoli).
7. Olive Oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil (actual oil or spray, I used spray)

First clean your salmon fillets (always clean your meat/fish). Season with season salt, old bay, and tony's seasoning (season to your taste). Whip out the grill and spray with Olive Oil cooking spray. Make sure you spray enough cause you dont want your Salmon to stick to the grill. Boil water in a pot with 1 teaspoon of salt, when it comes to a good boil add your pasta. Once the salmon is done take it off the grill and let it cool. Once cooled cut your salmon up into small pieces/chunks. Pasta should be done by now so remove from stove/pan and drain the water off. Now take the alfredo sauce in the same pan/pot and bring to a light simmer. Now add half of your cut salmon and all of your pasta. Mix/stir well. Now add the rest of your salmon and continue to mix/stir. Now take your broccoli (steamers bagged is the fastest which i used) and microwave for time stated on packaging. After thats steamed open carefully cause it's hotter than a mofo. Add butter, garlic salt and seasoning salt. Shake well to get a even coat. Nw you can add this right to your pasta (I did this) or eat as a side. I wanted garlic bread but i use 2 slices of toasted whole wheat bread with butter and garlic spread (it's in the stores too). Plate and enjoy. Hope I made this clear enough to understand,  i kinda rushed cause i have to hit the sack. Here's pics

388207928.jpg
388207929.jpg
388207930.jpg
388210918.jpg
388207932.jpg
388207939.jpg
388207933.jpg
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

wahed it down with this
388207938.jpg

i got a few questions i have recently lost 60 lbs (started st patricks day) i have 20 more lbs left to lose to meet my goal but i cant seem to lose 20 more lbs im stuck at 200 im tryin to get to 180 i guess my body has plateaued* u could call it, i go to the gym 6-7x a week (i know probably to many but i feel weird when i dont go) i quit drinking, i do everything from weights, to resistance, to running while im at the gym and i dont know what else i can do to shed these 20 more lbs (im 18% body fat by the way i started at 24%) any ideas

Originally Posted by kobe4threebang

i got a few questions i have recently lost 60 lbs (started st patricks day) i have 20 more lbs left to lose to meet my goal but i cant seem to lose 20 more lbs im stuck at 200 im tryin to get to 180 i guess my body has plateaued* u could call it, i go to the gym 6-7x a week (i know probably to many but i feel weird when i dont go) i quit drinking, i do everything from weights, to resistance, to running while im at the gym and i dont know what else i can do to shed these 20 more lbs (im 18% body fat by the way i started at 24%) any ideas
Hopefully you've figured it out by now, since DC just bumped an old @$% thread,
laugh.gif

Try HIIT cardio, google it.  It will help you shed after you have "plateud".

I know the dude with no shirt and funny bucket hat is trying to prove a point, but "c'mon son".  I don't know many bodybuilders/gym rats that try to get their entire protein intake from peanut butter.  Yes, they use peanut butter as a snack, but not as a primary protein source. 
30t6p3b.gif
.  On top of that, if you are serious about nutrition/lifting/body building, you are not reaching for any ol' peanut butter.  I've been messing with my spread, currently got this Almond paste/spread, all natural from Trader Joe's...
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

i honestly can't stick to a diet. I'm more of an on to go type of guy right now so I'll always be a slave to pb&J sandwich, bagel, chips and other snacks
30t6p3b.gif
. I do work out quite often though but it is slowing the process of getting abs.

Drink this at the first sign of a cold...

We're heading into the holiday season for November, December, and January, and for many of us, that means feasting on more celebration foods than usual. All that indulging can create excess mucus and congestion in our bodies. So when you feel a cold coming on, try this drink to knock it right out.

I call it "The Concoction." My mother first whipped it up a few years ago and trust me, it works! But be warned, you will smell like garlic. Chomp on a few sprigs of fresh parsley to cut the aroma and your peeps will thank you.

The Concoction

Ingredients:

2-3 big cloves of fresh garlic
1 small red onion
1 tomato
1 lemon
1-2 generous dashes of cayenne

Blend all the ingredients in a blender until smooth. Drink  immediately. Repeat as necessary (and don't forget the parsley!).

i honestly can't stick to a diet. I'm more of an on to go type of guy right now so I'll always be a slave to pb&J sandwich, bagel, chips and other snacks
30t6p3b.gif
. I do work out quite often though but it is slowing the process of getting abs.
Please that's a cop out. Instead of a bag of chips on the road grab an apple, banana, orange,etc. why eat processed crap when there's plenty of quick real food out there.

Been dealing with acne since age 12 and now im bout to be 22 and taking getting rid of it more serious. Looked into Benzoyl Peroxide yesterday and idk. I dont want something that can bleach your clothes to be sitting on my face like that.

What is your food/drink consumption looking like?

What is your food/drink consumption looking like?
Since ive lost weight (Nov 2017) ive cut out what ive eaten ingredient wise. Nothing with high fructose or tons of sugar. Nothing with TBHQ and the likes. Havent had a McD's burger for a little over a year now. And McD's in general about 8, 9 months. I eat the norm. Frozen pizza from time to time, pasta, rice, apples, bananas, peaches.

Snacks: Non sugar cookies, Crackers, Jamaican Bulla Bread (contains sugar)

Daily Beverage consumption now as we speak includes Water, Prune Juice

Weekly Beverage consumption includes Almond Milk and any Natural non additive fruit juice i.e. Lemonade. Dad brought some O.J. But i havent touched it yet.

Back
Top Bottom