Texas Dept. of Justice has a record of the last words of every inmate they've ever executed

Since 1982..

Some sad stories, some claimed to be innocent up til their last breath.. i've been reading these for the last 20 mins, a bit depressing actually.. 
frown.gif
- still decided to share
eyes.gif

http://www.tdcj.state.tx...._executed_offenders.html

man, i felt pretty uncomfortable reading the crimes committed, some really heavy stuff...
30t6p3b.gif

Kinda puts some perspective on things.  A lot of the prisoners talking about how much they love their family and want their family to be strong.

Makes you realize that they took some one out of the world and as bad as the family felt they are doing the same thing to the prisoners family.

Only skipped around and read a few, will read more later.
But seems like some of these prisoners are pretty well spoken.

it seems like all these people got very religious before they die but if they were even half as righteous during the committed crime they wouldn't be giving there last statements

Originally Posted by tonton32

man, i felt pretty uncomfortable reading the crimes committed, some really heavy stuff...
30t6p3b.gif

I could only read one of the last statements, heavy stuff.

The last one to get executed was just 29
frown.gif
but was in jail since 21

Brought my entire mood down.

Had a REALLY hard time trying to find one that didn't involve a white female ...

Also, many of those guys didn't make it past a junior in high school...

Education is powerful...

Ad NO... NOT EVERY HIGH SCHOOL DROP OUT IS A MURDERER, AND NOT RVERY EDUCATED PERSON IS FREE OF COMMITTING CRIMES.

Originally Posted by ricky409

Brought my entire mood down.

Had a REALLY hard time trying to find one that didn't involve a white female ...

Also, many of those guys didn't make it past a junior in high school...

Education is powerful...

Ad NO... NOT EVERY HIGH SCHOOL DROP OUT IS A MURDERER, AND NOT RVERY EDUCATED PERSON IS FREE OF COMMITTING CRIMES.
This statement right here. WELL SAID dude!

Some of them are good people....just made some real stupid impulsive decisions.

Shows discipline and self control are so important

Education will free us all bro, but this is all cool to the powers that be.. At the amount of minorities tho..

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Kinda puts some perspective on things.  A lot of the prisoners talking about how much they love their family and want their family to be strong.

Makes you realize that they took some one out of the world and as bad as the family felt they are doing the same thing to the prisoners family.
Yea but this is a quick painless death of the offender vs murder/rape/torture/more on multiple occasions of the victims. It doesn't matter if they love their family when you cross those lines. 

Spoiler [+]
[h2]
[h2]Last Statement[/h2]
Date of Execution:

January 26, 2012

Offender:

Rodrigo Hernandez, #999474

Last Statement:

Yes, I want to tell everybody that I love everybody. Keep your heads up. We are all family, people of God Almighty. We're all good. I'm ready.

Are they already doing it? I'm gonna go to sleep. See you later. This stuff stings, man almighty.
[/h2]

also... the amount of HISPANICS...

{
30t6p3b.gif

Last Statement:

I don’t think so. That’s all. Go ahead. Start things rolling. (Mouthed "Hi, Mom" to his mother.)

eek.gif
eek.gif

Last Statement:

I just want everyone to know that the prosecutor and Bill Scott are sorry sons of @$#$#+@. To his family he added that he loved them all.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Yea but this is a quick painless death of the offender vs murder/rape/torture/more on multiple occasions of the victims. It doesn't matter if they love their family when you cross those lines. 
I understand but its really a question of morality.  Do two wrongs make a right? I honestly am for the death penalty as for the pure sake of our prison's being over populated and and if you are on a life sentence without parole tax dollars pay to keep you fed and housed in a prison.  But it just kinda hit me when some of these dudes (really generalizing here) seemed some what reformed and apologetic about what they did and that they were going to die and force the same fate on their own family's that they did onto someone elses.

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

One guy said "Go Cowboys!"

Another said "I'm sorry for how I talk in english."

i peeped that too.

Im not against the death penalty, i just hope there were no innocent folks taken. there has to be NO DOUBT imo. like on camera, confession, witnesses, etc.

Why do they have to include the race and gender of the victim? Probably just a coincidence that a majority of the death row inmates were black and hispanic.
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom