Thank you for helping NT donate over $4,000 to Access Books!

Maybe it will go to my school library. :wow:
eek.gif

DOWNTOWN MAGNETS HS 8)
glasses.gif

Quote:
actually, not really. consider that it only gives a small school 1/2 a library. then consider if this school is in a state with 1000's of schools. then consider that there are 50 states.
: julissa ortiz :

...it's already Pawis Central in my panty night now...

Quote:
actually, not really. consider that it only gives a small school 1/2 a library. then consider if this school is in a state with 1000's of schools. then consider that there are 50 states.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

This warms my heart to no end, and what an EXCELLENT choice, Meth. Not just the decision on where to send the money, but the decision to put this whole thing in motion, man. A possibility of $50,000 donated over the next 12 months? C'mon, man ... that's freaking awesome, folks.
happy.gif
Again ... my highest respects for this decison.
happy.gif

I like the suggestion by JayGonnaBAight for the Children's Aid Society, and here's a breakdown (from their website) of how gifts are used:

how_gifts_used.gif

The only problem I have with them is that the percentage of money going into 'the real problem' seems to be pretty low, at only 55% (13% = Community Schools, 19% = Foster Care/ Adoption, 23% = Neighborhood Centers/ Camps). I wish that number were higher, but they still seem like a good organization.

And of course you can't go wrong with JayGonnaBAight's other suggestion: the American Cancer Society.

I haven't made any suggestions as of yet, but that's only because all of the organizations I'm involved in/have been involved in are Christian (like the Christian Children's Home of Ohio, various Christian homeless shelters, etc.), and I'm sure there would be a lot of hesitiation to donating to religious organizations.

However, I would like to suggest the following, bearing no religious/political ties: the Ettie Lee homes. I was in 4 of the Ettie Lee homes over the course of a decade, so that's how I know about them.

smile.gif

Sell me J-Rods (11/11.5) 4L8O15S16T23!42 Sell me J-Rods (11/11.5)​
My 5 teams: 1. ANGELS, 2. LAKERS (I grew up on Angels/Lakers games), 3. UK WILDCATS (my wife is from Kentucky), 4. TN TITANS (we married and started our lives together in Tennessee), 5. L.A. SPARKS (WNBA/Sparks fan since Day One). When my teams aren't playing, I'll always show love for these SoCal teams: L.A. CLIPPERS, S.D. PADRES, Anaheim DUCKS, USC TROJANS, S.D. CHARGERS, L.A. AVENGERS, L.A. DODGERS, U.C.L.A. BRUINS, L.A. KINGS, L.A. GALAXY. "This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's gettin hard, and the Jello's jigglin!" -Chick Hearn (R.I.P.)​

This warms my heart to no end, and what an EXCELLENT choice, Meth. Not just the decision on where to send the money, but the decision to put this whole thing in motion, man. A possibility of $50,000 donated over the next 12 months? C'mon, man ... that's freaking awesome, folks.
happy.gif
Again ... my highest respects for this decison.
happy.gif

I like the suggestion by JayGonnaBAight for the Children's Aid Society, and here's a breakdown (from their website) of how gifts are used:

how_gifts_used.gif

The only problem I have with them is that the percentage of money going into 'the real problem' seems to be pretty low, at only 55% (13% = Community Schools, 19% = Foster Care/ Adoption, 23% = Neighborhood Centers/ Camps). I wish that number were higher, but they still seem like a good organization.

And of course you can't go wrong with JayGonnaBAight's other suggestion: the American Cancer Society.

I haven't made any suggestions as of yet, but that's only because all of the organizations I'm involved in/have been involved in are Christian (like the Christian Children's Home of Ohio, various Christian homeless shelters, etc.), and I'm sure there would be a lot of hesitiation to donating to religious organizations.

However, I would like to suggest the following, bearing no religious/political ties: the Ettie Lee homes. I was in 4 of the Ettie Lee homes over the course of a decade, so that's how I know about them.

smile.gif

Sell me J-Rods (11/11.5) 4L8O15S16T23!42 Sell me J-Rods (11/11.5)​
My 5 teams: 1. ANGELS, 2. LAKERS (I grew up on Angels/Lakers games), 3. UK WILDCATS (my wife is from Kentucky), 4. TN TITANS (we married and started our lives together in Tennessee), 5. L.A. SPARKS (WNBA/Sparks fan since Day One). When my teams aren't playing, I'll always show love for these SoCal teams: L.A. CLIPPERS, S.D. PADRES, Anaheim DUCKS, USC TROJANS, S.D. CHARGERS, L.A. AVENGERS, L.A. DODGERS, U.C.L.A. BRUINS, L.A. KINGS, L.A. GALAXY. "This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's gettin hard, and the Jello's jigglin!" -Chick Hearn (R.I.P.)​

Back
Top Bottom