That chick that got injured during the last Transfomers pic is getting $18million. DAMN

This pic is as recent as today.

0523-extra-transformer-1.jpg

The 26-year-old movie extra who was critically injured during a stunt for "Transformers 3" will receive an $18.5 million settlement from producers. 

Gabriela Cedillo had sued Paramount Pictures and DreamWorks Studios after she suffered a serious head injury during a stunt-gone-wrong in Indiana on Sept. 1, 2010. 

Cedillo was driving her own car in the background of an action sequence ... when something went terribly wrong. 

According to people on the set, a stunt car was being pulled by another car ... when the cable between the two vehicles snapped and whipped around ... slicing through Cedillo's windshield and striking her in the head. 

Cedillo was airlifted to a nearby hospital where she underwent emergency surgery ... but the damage to her brain is permanent. 

According to Cedillo's lawsuit, obtained by NBCChicago.com, Paramount and DreamWorks originally promised to cover medical costs ... which soared past the $350k mark ... only to do "everything they could to avoid payment."

But it seems the studios have stepped up with the cash -- and now a judge has signed off on the settlement. 

Following the crash, the incident was investigated by Indiana safety officials ... who determined the studios did not violate any of their operational standards.

She was an extra? Suprised they didn't make her sign a consent form. 18million want get her her brain back.

Originally Posted by MECKS

She was an extra? Suprised they didn't make her sign a consent form. 18million want get her her brain back.
They she was not part of the movie. She was just driving when a cable snapped that was pulling an car. I guess it whipped under pressure and got her in the head. 

eek.gif
those cables are no joke ... they slice through anything ...
30t6p3b.gif
@ the studios not trying to even cover the med bills ...

i'm good on being an extra in an action movie ... grimey

poor girl ... how bad is the damage is to her brain though

on second thought... how did she ONLY get 18 mill ...

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

They she was not part of the movie. She was just driving when a cable snapped that was pulling an car. I guess it whipped under pressure and got her in the head. 
The first line in the story says she was an extra?

I wonder what type of brain damage she suffers from.

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

eek.gif
those cables are no joke ... they slice through anything ...
30t6p3b.gif
@ the studios not trying to even cover the med bills ...

i'm good on being an extra in an action movie ... grimey

poor girl ... how bad is the damage is to her brain though

on second thought... how did she ONLY get 18 mill ...
THIS!!

Word I was going to say she's permanently messed up for life from here on out... how did she only get 18 million?

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

Word I was going to say she's permanently messed up for life from here on out... how did she only get 18 million?

Maybe her parents made that decision. Hopefully her legal guardians werent thinking about themselves before excpeting that offer.

Often your consent forms, are to be in the film, and not want any further compensation etc. 
However, there are loopholes in some of these contracts, specifically around accidents and negligence. 

Shoot...first and foremost I hope she's alright and that she'll at least have some sort of functionality..second off...I would have expected her to get somewhere around 24-26 mill....18 mill ain't @%%% to Hollywood...that's some creep @%%% right there by those executives
30t6p3b.gif

bet they wished they paid that 350K now...

i know its a business but really that's pocket change to them... smh

That's really unfortunate.Screw Money in this case. $18 million can't buy you a brain.

Back
Top Bottom