That Phase In Life... Vol. Retiring Sneakerheads

I'm looking at this from a slightly different angle. I'm older than most you guys (mid 30's) spent the last 15 years on and off buying shoes that I liked. I used to play a lot of ball but now I can't remember the last time I played(I still work out 3-4x a week at a gym though). Anyway, for me all the shoes (I probably have about 75 pairs) represent something to me. My plan is to have every single pair on display on the walls in my game room at some point. The idea of selling them doesn't really make sense to me. All the work that needs to be done to sell them for what? $10k? $15k? $20k? Without trying to sound too pompous, I've spent more than that on single pieces of art and all my shoes on display on wooden shelving taking up one entire large wall beats any piece of art in my mind. Also the time it takes to sell things is just unjustifiable. I'd rather spend that time making money, working, investing...etc (whatever your means of income is). Just another take from an older shoe head. Obviously if cash flow is an immediate concern for someone then I completely understand where you're coming from.

Back
Top Bottom