'That's Racist!' How A Serious Accusation Became A Commonplace Quip (npr article/ radio interview)

^the accent implied in that gif is racist
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Wr

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

op=racist
yall notice how nobody wants to be 'labeled' 'racist' about now. 

white people so quick to declare racism is over...not so fast 
laugh.gif
I am a racist tho. I just don't racially discriminate against people. I think being a racist is just acknowledgement of our differences in race. 
People don't know what phrases mean. They just go with the implied meanings of things as they change in pop culture. This being a clear example

Don't racists by definition believe that those differences in race merit different treatment between races?
I'm not big on the social sciences but that's what I wrote on my anthro final and I got full credit
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Wr

op=racist

laugh.gif
I am a racist tho. I just don't racially discriminate against people. I think being a racist is just acknowledgement of our differences in race. 
People don't know what phrases mean. They just go with the implied meanings of things as they change in pop culture. This being a clear example

Don't racists by definition believe that those differences in race merit different treatment between races?
I'm not big on the social sciences but that's what I wrote on my anthro final and I got full credit
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kilojules64

Originally Posted by Wr

op=racist

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 I think Wr is confusing race with culture...

Originally Posted by Wr

op=racist

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Hop

Originally Posted by Wr

laugh.gif
To me and my understanding of the definition of race, is a distinction of phenotypes amongst  a species. 
A culture is a group of living beings cohabitating in a closed in environment. Could be a mixture of many different races i.e. America as the great melting pot it is. 

Originally Posted by Hop

Originally Posted by Wr

laugh.gif
To me and my understanding of the definition of race, is a distinction of phenotypes amongst  a species. 
A culture is a group of living beings cohabitating in a closed in environment. Could be a mixture of many different races i.e. America as the great melting pot it is. 

The problem is acts of "racial insensitivity" have managed to be misconstrued into outright "racism." It's a convenient and lazy defense mechanism for overly sensitive people to hide behind.

The problem is acts of "racial insensitivity" have managed to be misconstrued into outright "racism." It's a convenient and lazy defense mechanism for overly sensitive people to hide behind.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

laugh.gif

What the hell is outright "racism"? Is there a racist meter out there that tells you how racist you are?  If you do something "racially insensitive" to minorities.... aka.. forcing them to carry proof of citizenship.....ITS RACIST!!!!!

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

laugh.gif

What the hell is outright "racism"? Is there a racist meter out there that tells you how racist you are?  If you do something "racially insensitive" to minorities.... aka.. forcing them to carry proof of citizenship.....ITS RACIST!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom