The 2008 Grammy Nominations.............

It's crazy cause the Rap album nominations actually make sense to me, but they @#%*#! the R&B nominations all up IMO.

Good luck to everybody tho.

What a joke
laugh.gif
. This %@!! isn't based on talent.

Originally Posted by LEFTFIELDGREEN

NO LOVE FOR SEEING SOUNDS?

Musically, this album should be win in every category.

Joint was basically 10 genres of music in one disc.
tired.gif

Lots of wild things going on...

Royal Flush (Good)
Seeing wil.i.am (Bad)
Not seeing Diddy (Good)
S.L.U. (Bad)
Wish You Would (Who came up with this one? Good song, odd choice)
Bust Your Windows (Suprise)

Lots of the song choices were odd throughout but they picked the artists that deserve some shine, and rightfully so. My man Nas must be laughin his *%@ off.

I concur. Seeing Sounds deserves nominations. Musically, its the illest album I heard all year. Sucks they go unappreciated.

Oh and Jeezy! My man is nominated for a grammy. That like winnin' one in the hood!

My president is black, my grammy is too

Chasing Pavements
Adele
Eg White, producer; Tom Elmhirst & Steve Price, engineers/mixers
Track from: 19
[XL Recordings/Columbia]

YES!!!! I LOVE this record. Great record, I'm glad it got some recognition!! I hope she wins, check out her album, it's great.

Best Electronic/Dance Album
(For vocal or instrumental albums. Albums only.)

No Justice - Cross???!!!!
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

And SLU is obviously hip-hop song of the year.

American Gangster - Hip-hop album of the year. IMO

Enhh, I can't really call myself a Wayne fan nowadays - but I gotta admit it is cool to see the same dude who wasn't even allowed to cuss on recordsback in the "Get It How U Live"/"400 Degreez"/"Guerilla Warfare"" days get nominated for all these Grammys in '08.

He's put his work in for over a decade.

Respect.

Originally Posted by Agthekid

I stop taking Grammy serious after "Party Like A Rockstar" got nominated for "Song of the Year".

And how %### did John Legend not get any nominations!!!!

Stay With Me (By The Sea)
Al Green Featuring John Legend
Track from: Lay It Down
[Blue Note Records]

Green Light
John Legend & Andre 3000
[Columbia/G.O.O.D. Music]

Hope Trey Wins....long shot though.

Coldplay and Ne-Yo are gona win big. But the album nominees in rap category? Come on, JAy and Lupe came strong, but the rest?! Seriously? Atmosphere, Game, BunB all did better. I'm missing Erykah from the nominees.

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Enhh, I can't really call myself a Wayne fan nowadays - but I gotta admit it is cool to see the same dude who wasn't even allowed to cuss on records back in the "Get It How U Live"/"400 Degreez"/"Guerilla Warfare"" days get nominated for all these Grammys in '08.

He's put his work in for over a decade.

Respect.

Exactly...If you have followed his career since 98 or so, you gotta atleast respect his work ethic. There is only a handful of artist still putting out musicthat came out around that time and I can't think of none that is way more popular now then they was back then.

So, basically Wayne is coming home with one, Chris Brown is coming home with one and Jennifer Hudson, is coming home with one.
That's how I see it.

Originally Posted by beeniesfoams

So, basically Wayne is coming home with one, Chris Brown is coming home with one and Jennifer Hudson, is coming home with one.
That's how I see it.
After the year Wayne has had or having he's gonna come out there with a handful of %$!. And critics love the dude. I know cats on NT don'tbut he's loved by many.

Originally Posted by Bowzer Blitz

Originally Posted by Agthekid

I stop taking Grammy serious after "Party Like A Rockstar" got nominated for "Song of the Year".

And how %### did John Legend not get any nominations!!!!

Stay With Me (By The Sea)
Al Green Featuring John Legend
Track from: Lay It Down
[Blue Note Records]

Green Light
John Legend & Andre 3000
[Columbia/G.O.O.D. Music]

Hope Trey Wins....long shot though.

Ya'll REALLY need to let this Trey Songz character breathe.
Like holy. When we gonna get off dudes tip.
He ain't doing ANYTHING musically.

Back
Top Bottom