The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see what you guys are saying. Makes sense and I do agree with that. However, I do think MJ was a lot of worse :lol:

I don't think anyone is questioning his work ethic....if anything, I'd question his leadership.

Due to that video?

That ain't nothing different then what happens on basketball courts all across the world, these aren't HS kids, these are grown *** men who do this professionally, he isn't attacking them personally, he's attacking their skill level at basketball. I want the teammate who's gonna take that come back down court and try to kill me in the game, not the one who's gonna be flustered and hang his head.

In all my years of playing sports, if there was ANY teammate who was talking like this to someone else...he would have been stepped to. Period. I've seen more scraps that I can count due to folks poppin' off at the mouth. You may be out there giving 110%, but let someone, who isn't a coach, say something to you about it. Frustration WILL boil over.

As far as Kobe, his style of leadership may work in certain situations, but from the outside looking in, I think it's gonna have an adverse effect due to who is on that Lakers roster.

Last edited:
Kobe is the last of a dying breed.

Now players just dress as metreosexuals together and pose for the gram 

Not everyone responds to that though. Some people respond to challenges, others encouragement. You have to know what works with who.
this is professional sports, not little league everyone gets playing time and a pat on the back basketball

Not everyone responds to that though. Some people respond to challenges, others encouragement. You have to know what works with who.
this is professional sports, not little league everyone gets playing time and a pat on the back basketball
What's your point? Fact of the matter is, even within the NBA not all people respond to that. Dwight would be a perfect example and he was the anchor to a Finals squad. People have different personality types, athlete or not and there's a difference between motivation and just talking down on someone.

kobe will always be the 1a goat to me.....all his ***** were left in 2002

This dude really said in an interview that his game was complete in 2003 and since then he's just been working on footwork. :lol:

Kobe the ultimate heel, he almost seems like a fictional uber narcissistic athlete but he's real.

What's your point? Fact of the matter is, even within the NBA not all people respond to that. Dwight would be a perfect example and he was the anchor to a Finals squad. People have different personality types, athlete or not and there's a difference between motivation and just talking down on someone.
theres a difference between dwight and these bums

dwight is a hof center, these guys are scrubs that are just happy to be playing for the lakers or else they would be in the d league living on friends couches 

they deserve to get told that they are terrible useless wastes of potential and that just being in the nba is not good enough. when nick young is the only person on the team that talks back thats when you know your team is soft as melo's baby fat 

I've been telling peeps, Kobe ain't got no street creds in the league.  Dude was taken down by Reggie, and took 2-hit combos by Childs.  Dude now wants to get on the KD BAD ARSH image?  Come on now..  Would pay money for the next great NBA fight.

This dude really said in an interview that his game was complete in 2003 and since then he's just been working on footwork. :lol:

Kobe the ultimate heel, he almost seems like a fictional uber narcissistic athlete but he's real.

He aint lying 2003 was his best season

To elaborate more on Curry I don't think he'll ever win a title leading a team as the best player. It's Reggie Miller and Ray Allen all over again. Great players that need to be A piece to a championship puzzle. Not THEE piece.

that makes no sense. ray and reggie couldn't handle the rock...steph is not a kyrie type PG. he can lead the team. will he, who knows. but hes one of the most dangerous players in the league considering his range, handles and vision

i dont blame MJ for mentally destroying kwame brown and turning him into the scrub he is today

i blame kwame for being soft and getting shook over a few words said in practice 

Warriors. December 2014 NBA Champs :pimp:

If they don't make the WCF can we start the libel train on Curry?

Nope. Curry has never been considered the best player in the league or even the best at his position for that matter.

I hear a lot of MVP talk for Curry and a lot of Championship talk for the Warriors.

And I've heard many Warriors fan consider Curry the best PG in the game. He's my guy but I'm ready for NT to turn on him. I call first.

i dont blame MJ for mentally destroying kwame brown and turning him into the scrub he is today

i blame kwame for being soft and getting shook over a few words said in practice 

agree players at that level have to be mentally tough. but kobe is just being a **** :lol:

things like this wouldnt happen if all the mentally tough ball players in the world werent caught up in the NY drug game 

Warriors. December 2014 NBA Champs
pimp.gif

If they don't make the WCF can we start the libel train on Curry?
Nope. Curry has never been considered the best player in the league or even the best at his position for that matter.
I hear a lot of MVP talk for Curry and a lot of Championship talk for the Warriors.

And I've heard many Warriors fan consider Curry the best PG in the game. He's my guy but I'm ready for NT to turn on him. I call first.
didnt expect you to call dibs

ill call second then... 
eyes.gif

He aint lying 2003 was his best season

I don't even disagree but just the way he said it was amazing.

Found the quote.

At the end of 2003, my game was complete. Shooting, defense, using the dribble, transition, midrange stuff was all there. Then it was about fine-tuning and trying to improve in each area. People think the footwork stuff is new, but I’ve always had great footwork. If you go back and look at film from 10 years ago, it’s all there: up-and-unders, spin moves, everything. I’ve been interested in footwork and how it benefits you since I was 8 or 9 years old. That’s just the way I was taught the game. The technical parts of the game always interested me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom