The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually don't care what the Wizards mantra is this year...Bad Boys, Bench Mob, Jr. Mafia, etc....I just like that they came out last night not taking any ****. This is a DEEP squad. They just gotta keep their health.

Y
Get it now? My point is a skill set can allow you to float between positions. Why are you asking me if Noah can go from a center to point guard? What a joke :rofl:  

then we are agreeing.

I am saying the that on offence the positions pg/sg/sf/pf/c are out moded because guys switch between positions all the time, and that the ONLY thing that matters when you are defining a position is WHO YOU CAN GUARD.

Im agreeing im just taking it to it's logical conclusion.

When you say someone is a PG, what does it mean in todays NBA? Steph? Chris Paul? D rose those three players don't really have anything in common on offence the only thing that makes them strictly PG's is that thats the position they can defend.

it really does come down to defence, if you're talking about player A and if he can play position B the conversation will always be

"can player A play position B?"

"no"

"why not"

"he wont be able to guard guys like (insert natural position B player here)"

If it comes down to defense, does that mean kawhi,pg, iggy can play the point?

Now if hawks would only switch their jersey's back to the red ones, nba gods might lift their curse of an eternity of first-second round ball

Tony Wroten = Eric Bledsoe on the Clippers.

He is a starting PG in this league down the line somewhere. He's actually only 21 as well compared to MCW who is 23 already. I would love for the Knicks to try and steal him away in that supposed Amar'e deal but Hinkie is prolly too smart too ever let that happen and I doubt Phil even knows what a Tony Wroten is
laugh.gif
[Big Boi] Boyyyyyyy stop [Big Boi]

Predictions:

ROY- Jabari Parker

MIP- Anthony Davis

DPOY- King James

MVP- Steph Curry

6th- Taj Gibson

Coach- Frank Vogal

Chip- CAVS vs OKC

Personally, I think that the 1-5 position designations are becoming obsolete on both sides of the ball. There's backcourt players and there's frontcourt players. Even on defense these days the "positions" are generally situational and dictated by match-ups. Like with the Clippers for example, Blake Griffin will often guard the other team's "center", while DeAndre Jordan takes the "power forward" because Jordan is the better defender and the opposing PF is the bigger offensive threat. Does that make Griffin the "center"? Of course not. So basically, I think its silly to insist on labeling a player as a particular position. Players do what they can do and its up to the coach to figure out how to use them most effectively on both offense and defense.

no not really, you are talking about corss matchups in a nba game im talking about from a scouting perspective, if you are scouting Nikola Mirotic you have to proeject his position at the next level.

when you do that the first question you ask is who can he guard?

He is a starting PG in this league down the line somewhere. He's actually only 21 as well compared to MCW who is 23 already. I would love for the Knicks to try and steal him away in that supposed Amar'e deal but Hinkie is prolly too smart too ever let that happen and I doubt Phil even knows what a Tony Wroten is :lol:

Eric Bledsoe is a freak athlete and was a disruptive defender from day one, and a workable shooter even in college, Tony Wrton can't hit the broad side of a barnn and is a merely a very good athlete and a solid defender.

He is a starting PG in this league down the line somewhere. He's actually only 21 as well compared to MCW who is 23 already. I would love for the Knicks to try and steal him away in that supposed Amar'e deal but Hinkie is prolly too smart too ever let that happen and I doubt Phil even knows what a Tony Wroten is :lol:

chill with the nonsense.

I can't even believe AMP wrote that. 
laugh.gif
 You're better than that, man. 

no not really, you are talking about corss matchups in a nba game im talking about from a scouting perspective, if you are scouting Nikola Mirotic you have to proeject his position at the next level.

when you do that the first question you ask is who can he guard?

I guess, but I still don't think the exact position designation matters that much even from a scouting perspective. If a player is good enough on offense, I think the relevant question becomes "can he guard anyone?" If the answer is yes, that player will find a way into the league and end up guarding whoever the coach feels is the best match up for him.

Predictions:

roty-andrew wiggins
mip-mario chalmers
dpoty-joakim noah
mvp-derrick rose
coty-byron scott
chip-spurs over bulls

I guess, but I still don't think the exact position designation matters that much even from a scouting perspective. If a player is good enough on offense, I think the relevant question becomes "can he guard anyone?" If the answer is yes, that player will find a way into the league and end up guarding whoever the coach feels is the best match up for him.

how effective he can be on offence is drastically effected by what position he can guard.

If MCW couldn't defend 1's, then he's not a lottery pick, because he wont get the size advantage of forcing cross matches or being defended by 6'2 guards.

I saw these types of socks  in Foot Locker when I was there last week. Had the 
indifferent.gif
I wish I could stoneface you in real life.
Disappointed you didn't pay homage to Luc Longley or Arvydas Sabonis.
They didn't have either of those guys. Plus, growing up the Pacers were my first basketball love, I grew up on that Indiana hardwood 
nthat.gif

It was between Smits and Rodman.

Last edited:
And MCW also can hit the broad side of a barn? Eric Bledsoe was an atrocious shooter his first two years in the league (.27 and .20 from 3 first two years). He was not even close to being a servicable shooter and his numbers compared to Wroten in the first two years are nearly identical. If I had told you after those two years, he would be a max level PG soon, I would have been laughed out of this thread. He got lucky he fell into a situation where he got to learn a lot from Chris Paul, especially how to change speeds and use his athleticism more constructively.

And I'm not even saying Wroten is as good as him cause he'll never finish at the rim as well as Bledsoe will, I just believe he can work his way to being a starting caliber PG in this league. He is 21, a very good athlete and can defend both guard spots. He has really good court vision though at this point can get too fancy and try too hard to make the special pass instead of making the right one. He's in a tough place to develop cause the sixers are so horrible offensively but if I were a team like the Knicks (horrible guards) he would be a guy I would try to target. If he can work his way to having even a close to league average shooter, which at 21 I believe he still has time to do, then I envision in him as a starting caliber PG on the right team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom