The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
GSW should still push for the 1 seed. They will face 8th first, then the 4-5 seed winner.
They won't play a 2,3,6,8 seed until the WCF and it's likely this will work in their favor, +Homecourt all the way through in the meantime.

OKC and SPURS will probably fall in the 2,3,6,8 half of the bracket. With OKC at 6 and SPURS at 2 or 3

In the west, it doesn't matter what seed you get bro..

If Jeff Green is your 3rd/4th option...you have a pretty damn good team and you're a problem in the playoffs.

what the hell does JG know about the offs bro & hes lockdownable(if that makes sense)
i agree it makes them better but getting him while losing JJ & mal its gonna even out imo

Yeah, that's my concern. If it takes JJ or Jamal to get him, then its a neutral move at best. But if we could get him for a couple other bench players and a pick or something, then I think it would help. And I actually think it would be more of a benefit defensively than offensively. For it to really work, it might have to be a multi-team deal.

The environment in Detroit would have to really be toxic for Monroe to waive his no-trade clause and approve of a trade. He would be risking millions.

How can you lockdown a 4th option? 

While you're locking Jeff Green down...what does that mean Blake, CP3, and Crawford will be doing?

GSW should still push for the 1 seed. They will face 8th first, then the 4-5 seed winner.
They won't play a 2,3,6,8 seed until the WCF and it's likely this will work in their favor, +Homecourt all the way through in the meantime.

OKC and SPURS will probably fall in the 2,3,6,8 half of the bracket. With OKC at 6 and SPURS at 2 or 3
In the west, it doesn't matter what seed you get bro..
You can't tell me being in the bracket opposite side OKC and SPURS doesn't matter though.

That, would matter, a lot.

While you're locking Jeff Green down...what does that mean Blake, CP3, and Crawford will be doing?
he can be locked by another 4th option which is my point.... giving up mal who cant be checked by a 4th op

Green potentially could be a big help because he'd make it harder for teams to get away with putting their best defenders, like Iggy and Kawahi, etc. on CP3.

I'd trade Crawford for Jeff Green, idk about JJ and they probably going to want him.

Crawford doesn't really seem like he fits in to what Boston is doing right now. That's why I feel like if the Clippers really want Green, it probably can't be a straight up trade between the Celtics and Clippers.

You can't tell me being in the bracket opposite side OKC and SPURS doesn't matter though.
That, would matter, a lot.

Ya, but your still going to have to go through them. It doesn't matter 1st round, 2nd round, wcf. Eventually you'll face okc or the spurs

I'd trade Crawford for Jeff Green, idk about JJ and they probably going to want him.

Crawford doesn't really seem like he fits in to what Boston is doing right now. That's why I feel like if the Clippers really want Green, it probably can't be a straight up trade between the Celtics and Clippers.
I would see if Denver would want a piece of the action. They are land of the roles players, you can easily throw in one of Chandler/Gallo/Afflalo/whoever and make it work for all three squads.

Green hasn't been locked to often this year, by a 1st option or a 4th, that's why he averages 19.

His average is also high because any player on the starting 5 can score, so it's hard to focus on one, this is why him to Clippers would make them Contenders.

Rondo needs a free lane layup but with 4 other scoring options, that's always a possibility if left alone.

The environment in Detroit would have to really be toxic for Monroe to waive his no-trade clause and approve of a trade. He would be risking millions.

Are you kidding me? It's quite possibly the worst situation in the league. They're losing just as much as the Sixers while paying more than double for it and actually TRYING to win games with two of the worst team ball players in the world.

And he has to live in ******* Detriot.

God that's awful.

Timberwolves-Wizards tip at 6 p.m. Had Flip Saunders and Ernie Grunfeld not traded the Wizards 2009 No. 5 overall pick to Minnesota for Foye/Miller...

1.) Would they have taken Ricky Rubio at No. 5?

2.) Would Rubio have come over and played right away? He likes Minnesota now, but had no impression of it at the time he was drafted, unlike Washington D.C.

3.) Butterfly effect: No Foye/Miller, no No. 1 in 2010, no John Wall.

The Wizards had the league's fifth-worst record (26-56) in 2009-10 & only the fifth-best odds to move up to No. 1. They did move up, and in effect were positioned to draft Wall.

Had they not had Foye/Miller & instead an age 18 Rubio/Rubio's rights/another rookie - record prob. worse than the fifth-worst that it was.

Meaning, they're not lucky enough to be the ones with the fifth-worst odds that moved up, and Wall would be running point for somebody else.

That's your 'near reality' update of the day.

View media item 1307926

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom