The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Lamb should be limited to penetration shots only.
No jump shots, period.
Dude can get to the rim and draw fouls, but his FT%. Is it decent?
He can rebound as well

Although the article really puts Kobe in a horrible light, it's a great read and provides an alternative viewpoint to the Lakers since Kobe has gotten there

@ArashMarkazi: Kobe on Julius Randle having him and Byron Scott as mentors: "It means he can't f--- it up. If you f--- this up you're a really big idiot."

:lol:

"The Problem is, he's just not as good as he thinks he is. He's just not as efficent as he thinks he is. He's going to set an all time league record for most misses. If he had the other intangibles, like Lebron, or if he was any kind of different person, it would have been easy for us to attract talent, retain it, and win

Well damb :lol:

There's s lot more that's wrong with the Lakers besides Kobe. And a lot of conjecture and speculation. Even if he was not here, they guys they wanted wouldn't have come because the team was terrible, front office on disarray, and lacking leadership.

It's easy to pile on him as the scapegoat cause of the stupid deal MANAGEMENT decided to offer him. But as was said on the ESPN preview special when this article was referenced, it was a career achievement award contract and dude was am integral part of 5 titles over the last 25 years and 2 in the last 5. If that's ruining a team from within, sign me up again. And he's only got two years left anyway.

Lebron with all his pied piperness and intangibles got the same number of rings as Bean does in the last 5 seasons.

Last edited:
Since they got their souls taken by Dirk and the Mavs, the writing been on the wall for Bryant. Tries to do too much with limited resources and all that wear and tear. He does not approach the game of basketball on the floor anyway, in a very appealing manner. His work ethic and dedication go unquestioned.

Don't need an in-depth article highlighting why he's holding the Lakers back from rebuilding. I understand why they keeping him around though, can't just cut the cash cow like that. Gotta cash out on the fans who will support the Lakers and Kobe no matter what. Money is the motive and I don't blame the Lakers for delaying their rebuild.

Last edited:
Damn, great read about Kobe. Really makes sense when they break down why he was given that deal, but horrible to just throw away 3 years.

I think Lamb should be limited to penetration shots only.
No jump shots, period.
Dude can get to the rim and draw fouls, but his FT%. Is it decent?
He can rebound as well

Off the top of my head he should be 80 + % or high 70s..

But anything we get out of lamb and pj3 is bonus as far as I am concerned is bonus.. anything we can get consistently night in and out is tremendous

Damn, great read about Kobe. Really makes sense when they break down why he was given that deal, but horrible to just throw away 3 years.

Especially when they mentioned that LAL, unlike all the other franchises around the league is a family business that supports 6, and that their income centers around the time warner deal, which is dependent upon ratings. Paraphrasing of course

Not at all, at least for me.

The only ranking that matters is the team's in the standings... and Laker fans should know where that's probably gonna be.
You didn't read the article did you
laugh.gif

Doesn't rustle mine one bit either. Kobe is the same stubborn ******* that came into the league in 1996. These articles weren't being written 4 years ago but he individually and the team are in a far different place now. He's never waivered from that loner mantra.

I for one am going to enjoy him chucking away these last two years of this contract and hopefully we reload in a couple years. Most Laker fans have been resigned to that the moment Dwight decided to leave and some even sooner.

Bean is leaving on his own terms and I for one respect it and his candor on these latter stages has been entertaining as well.

Last edited:
Totally agree.
A healthy OKC is running through the West. Spurs included, playoffs or not

Need everyone healthy..

Then we have all season to figure out who works with westbrook, kd, ibaka and adams as the 5th starter.. Some games you go reggie, some roberson and even some morrow

With kd injury, lamb and pj3 will get there shot early in the season to earn mins.. But if they don't do something consistently they won't have a role on the team

You didn't read the article did you :lol:
Whoops, I glanced and thought it was the print version of the #40 ranking.

:lol: :lol:

:lol: my bad. But it's sorta along the same lines actually.

Seems like a lot of Laker fans have already accepted they gave him that deal because it was good for business, and that his ability alone isn't worth that much anymore. Some just think he deserved the OD deal because of all he did before and his ratings/jersey impact, others don't.

Last edited:
IATT IATT Too true. I would hate to see a repeat of last year where Lamb and Jones alike saw PT during Russ's injury and did well, only to be sidelined when he returned leaving them unsure and out of sync when we needed them in the playoffs.

Morrow will do well.
We drafted well. We are set my dude

:lol: my bad. But it's sorta along the same lines actually.

Seems like a lot of Laker fans have already accepted they gave him that deal because it was good for business, and that his ability alone isn't worth that much anymore. Some just think he deserved the OD deal because of all he did before and his ratings/jersey impact, others don't.

Well I mean, for me I only focused a little bit on the portion about the deal they gave Kobe. That's old and tired. We all know why he got the deal and depending on how you view it, he either did or he didn't.

The other stuff offered some food for thought. In essence, they basically said that Kobe's entire tenure with the lakers has been driven by selfish motives and he's alienated several people on his own pursuit of his legacy. He was just so talented that it didn't matter much.

everyone has their strengths and weaknesses, cant watch kobe carry this team for almost 20 years and complain that he's selfish at the end of his career when his numbers are dropping off (although there's no reason for that huge contract). Kobe is always going to think he's the best player in the world, thats what makes him great, thats what was a major factor to all five of our championships while he's been on the team. Sure you can say he's holding us back these last few years but over the course of his career only a handful of nba legends can say they have brought more value to an nba franchise. while i do blame the front office for kobe's contract, theres no reason to put the blame on kobe for his contract or his playstyle. thats just the way he is and thats what makes him one of the greatest of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom