The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why people think this was a bad deal for the Celtics. Rondo was an unrestricted FA at the end of the season and more than likely was going to walk. Rondo's not super young, had a major injury in the last two years and has a reputation as being difficult to coach. I think some of you are overestimating his value. The Celtics were not going to get a superstar back for Rondo.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

In hindsight, Ainge looks bad for not trading Rondo much earlier. None of these guys they got in return are going to be the difference moving forward :rolleyes

Ainge will get a pass though .

Oh well. Stevens is signed for the long term, and now he will finally have the full attention of the locker room. Flourish, Mr. Smart.

No Rose or Melo tonight for Bulls/Knicks game 
indifferent.gif

I don't know why people think this was a bad deal for the Celtics. Rondo was an unrestricted FA at the end of the season and more than likely was going to walk. Rondo's not super young, had a major injury in the last two years and has a reputation as being difficult to coach. I think some of you are overestimating his value. The Celtics were not going to get a superstar back for Rondo.

And it'll also pay off a bit more in June, since it likely bumps up their draft pick.

In hindsight, Ainge looks bad for not trading Rondo much earlier. None of these guys they got in return are going to be the difference moving forward
eyes.gif

100% 

I'm not sure what other kinds of offers they were getting but it was rumored that the Kings offered Ben McLemore plus some other pieces 

Nuggets got a pretty good package from the Knicks for Melo

Wolves got a decent package from the Cavs for Love

Celtics got a package centered around Brandon Wright :lol:

Last edited:
Rondo agreed to an extension with Dallas???

Not sure why Dallas would want to risk messing up with that team right now. They look pretty good.

The mavs were 0-5 against playoffs teams in the west, add to the fact Jameer had 0 assists in 26 min last game, something had to happen.

I'm just hoping he chooses to resign after this season, I'd rather he not suit up if he's only gonna be a 6 month rental.

Mavs also in pursuit of Jermaine O'Neal.

Last edited:
This does up the ante in the West a bit. I won't at all be surprised if Rockets and Clippers make moves in an effort to make sure they keep up with everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom