The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
finallyfamous finallyfamous what do you think about Waiters long term? You'd know more than I would at this point.

Waiters is gonna be fine IMO. As long as he can understand his role and values winning over stats (which I'm hoping he does but who knows)

I think the presence of guys like Miller, Marion, Bron, Jones will help him understand what it takes to be successful in this league.

I feel like if your Waiters and you're gonna be on National TV all the time and playing in big games will make him wanna adapt to living this way and playing this way.

We shall see though.

but to be honest I don't see him being traded.

What gets interesting is what kind of deals both TT and Dion are gonna want once their rookie deals are done.

Why? You do know that Thibs is their coach, right?

haha I am aware.

Last edited:
It's only a preseason game after all. I think once the real season starts, all the players will adapt to their roles, and for Dion, that is playing a great D and not forcing shots but play within the system and flow.

I do think he's better suited as a 6th man, but if he is to start, then he's gotta accept the reduced role.

He's def talented, and I love the way he approaches the game. I hope he succeeds in Cavs uniform for a long time.

This Open Court is painful to watch for me. For one, most of the things they're complaining about why they don't accept advanced analytics are basic aka surface stats like Chauncy complaining abut fg% not telling the whole story, and their beefs with all of them are in fact addressed by these advanced stats and hence is their reason for existence. It's why these dudes won't get a job in the NBA like they want unless a team just does it for publicity's sake.

Yea that Open Court Analyticstessness was a mess.
Please don't get these heads started back on that man.

It's only a preseason game after all. I think once the real season starts, all the players will adapt to their roles, and for Dion, that is playing a great D and not forcing shots but play within the system and flow.

I do think he's better suited as a 6th man, but if he is to start, then he's gotta accept the reduced role.

He's def talented, and I love the way he approaches the game. I hope he succeeds in Cavs uniform for a long time.

Im one of those ppl that believes dion is best as a 6th man for the cavs. I like him as a player & he's definitely talented

I will forever love Quincy Acy's dunks 
embarassed.gif

Cousins with 19pts 7reb 3ast 2stl and 1 block in the first half 
pimp.gif

and perfect 7-7 shooting

Last edited:
Waiters is gonna be fine IMO. As long as he can understand his role and values winning over stats (which I'm hoping he does but who knows)

I think the presence of guys like Miller, Marion, Bron, Jones will help him understand what it takes to be successful in this league.

I feel like if your Waiters and you're gonna be on National TV all the time and playing in big games will make him wanna adapt to living this way and playing this way.

We shall see though.

but to be honest I don't see him being traded.

What gets interesting is what kind of deals both TT and Dion are gonna want once their rookie deals are done.
haha I am aware.

Yea, so we pretty much feel the same way.

I do think he'll get traded if he doesn't adjust tho. I wish he'd embrace the 6th man role as well. Be a Manu Ginobili type.

This Open Court is painful to watch for me. For one, most of the things they're complaining about why they don't accept advanced analytics are basic aka surface stats like Chauncy complaining abut fg% not telling the whole story, and their beefs with all of them are in fact addressed by these advanced stats and hence is their reason for existence. It's why these dudes won't get a job in the NBA like they want unless a team just does it for publicity's sake.

Or they get jobs and get abused by the smart GMs.. Trading picks for vets on high salaries because the team needs "leadership"

I think we going to be just fine and if we meet the Bulls in may, lets go, Bron has always had their number in the playoffs, with us and with the heat.

Good to see Rose healthy though, never wanna see greats go out on injuries, excited for the season to begin.

O.J. with 24 tonight...19 last game...he's quietly putting together a very good preseason...hopefully this can translate to an entire season's worth of production.

:pimp: :pimp: We back baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom