The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
And rightfully so.

Look, I love Tristian's motor and ability to grab offsensive rebounds quite often - but you're turning down 52 mil as if your ceiling is going to get higher.

Tristain Thompson has reached his ceiling. I know, I've been watching him for the last 4 years. His room for improvement is nearly maxed out due to his lack of athetlicism and finesse. He still hasnt learned how to full take a proper jump shot and his that's been a problem for him lately.

He's not even having a career best-season. His numbers have dropped.

Good luck to which ever team decides to pay him anything near 52 mil for 4 years, you'll get very average production from him until he retires.

:lol:

The Cavs are going to pay him more than 4/52. He turned down that money because he knows Cleveland is gonna give him more. They have no choice

probably posted but  
sick.gif
sick.gif
smokin.gif

Report: Cavs assistant Tyronn Lue called timeouts behind Blatt's back
By James Herbert | NBA writer

The Cleveland Cavaliers are 19-20, and getting LeBron James back on Tuesday didn't solve all their problems. They lost 107-100 to the Phoenix Suns, and afterward another report surfaced about a disconnect between the players and the coaching staff.

From ESPN's Brian Windhorst:

[League scouts, executives and rival players] see players appearing to run different plays than the bench calls, see assistant coach Tyronn Lue calling timeouts literally behind Blatt's back during games, and hear Cavs players openly talking about coaching issues with opposing players and personnel. Not once, not twice, but frequently over the past several months.

For weeks now, the small talk when league personnel run into each other at college games, airports or pregame meals has frequently started with: "What the hell is going on in Cleveland?"

Windhorst notes that every team deals with issues between players and coaches, and that the Cavs have time to turn this around. Still, this is worrying. If Tyronn Lue really is calling timeouts without head coach David Blatt's approval, that is a concern. If Cleveland's players aren't even hiding that they're frustrated with the coaching, of course that is a concern.

The Cavs are already battling high expectations and it's not always easy for stars to figure out how to play with each other. The numerous in-season personnel changes complicate that. Everyone doesn't have to get along perfectly, and there's bound to be some dissatisfaction whenever a team underperforms, but the only way this thing is getting fixed is if everyone tries to get on the same page. Even the smallest things are going to become big stories with this particular Cleveland team.

As for the coaching, well, Blatt does deserve to take some heat for how this season has gone. At the same time, the context is critical. He's a first-year head coach given a super-talented, but defensively limited roster. The front office hired an "associate head coach" in Lue who was competing with Blatt for the job and who is paid more highly than any assistant in NBA history. Perhaps that part wasn't the best move. Blatt talked about having a great practice on Monday, but on the outside it's looking like the staff has a ton of work to do.

Last edited:
And rightfully so.

Look, I love Tristian's motor and ability to grab offsensive rebounds quite often - but you're turning down 52 mil as if your ceiling is going to get higher.

Tristain Thompson has reached his ceiling. I know, I've been watching him for the last 4 years. His room for improvement is nearly maxed out due to his lack of athetlicism and finesse. He still hasnt learned how to full take a proper jump shot and his that's been a problem for him lately.

He's not even having a career best-season. His numbers have dropped.

Good luck to which ever team decides to pay him anything near 52 mil for 4 years, you'll get very average production from him until he retires.

:lol:

The Cavs are going to pay him more than 4/52. He turned down that money because he knows Cleveland is gonna give him more. They have no choice

Okay good to know, thanks Rich.

The Warriors never got that true love from anyone outside of the Bay, hell even some folks in SF wasn't messing with them because they claimed it was an 'Oakland' team, so their 'SF' pride wouldn't let them cheer for them.

It's sad. It seemed like 75% of people I knew in the Bay were Lakers fans :lol: :smh:..
some folks? where did you meet these people from? i lived here all my life, i have yet to meet one single person that didn't root for the warriors because they're located in Oakland. the Golden State Warriors is basically the Bay Area Warriors because everybody in the bay roots and claims them.

Last edited:
The Warriors never got that true love from anyone outside of the Bay, hell even some folks in SF wasn't messing with them because they claimed it was an 'Oakland' team, so their 'SF' pride wouldn't let them cheer for them.

It's sad. It seemed like 75% of people I knew in the Bay were Lakers fans :lol: :smh:..
some folks? where did you meet these people from? i lived here all my life, i have yet to meet one single person that didn't root for the warriors because they're located in Oakland. the Golden State Warriors is basically the Bay Area Warriors because everybody in the bay roots and claim them.

SF, Daly City, South SF, etc.

Let me iterate that it was 75% of the people I knew, and this was back in 2007, 2008. Lakers won the ship in 2008 - so there was bandwagon full of fickle fans that I worked with during that time.

Last edited:
Report: Cavs assistant Tyronn Lue called timeouts behind Blatt's back
By James Herbert | NBA writer

The Cleveland Cavaliers are 19-20, and getting LeBron James back on Tuesday didn't solve all their problems. They lost 107-100 to the Phoenix Suns, and afterward another report surfaced about a disconnect between the players and the coaching staff.

From ESPN's Brian Windhorst:

[League scouts, executives and rival players] see players appearing to run different plays than the bench calls, see assistant coach Tyronn Lue calling timeouts literally behind Blatt's back during games, and hear Cavs players openly talking about coaching issues with opposing players and personnel. Not once, not twice, but frequently over the past several months.

For weeks now, the small talk when league personnel run into each other at college games, airports or pregame meals has frequently started with: "What the hell is going on in Cleveland?"

Windhorst notes that every team deals with issues between players and coaches, and that the Cavs have time to turn this around. Still, this is worrying. If Tyronn Lue really is calling timeouts without head coach David Blatt's approval, that is a concern. If Cleveland's players aren't even hiding that they're frustrated with the coaching, of course that is a concern.

The Cavs are already battling high expectations and it's not always easy for stars to figure out how to play with each other. The numerous in-season personnel changes complicate that. Everyone doesn't have to get along perfectly, and there's bound to be some dissatisfaction whenever a team underperforms, but the only way this thing is getting fixed is if everyone tries to get on the same page. Even the smallest things are going to become big stories with this particular Cleveland team.

As for the coaching, well, Blatt does deserve to take some heat for how this season has gone. At the same time, the context is critical. He's a first-year head coach given a super-talented, but defensively limited roster. The front office hired an "associate head coach" in Lue who was competing with Blatt for the job and who is paid more highly than any assistant in NBA history. Perhaps that part wasn't the best move. Blatt talked about having a great practice on Monday, but on the outside it's looking like the staff has a ton of work to do.

Cavs. :lol: :smokin

theres a whole bunch of lakers fans in the bay area. grew up here all my life and seen it first hand. kids grew up idolizing magic/kobe. dont get me wrong, there's a ton of w's fans as well

Let me iterate that it was 75% of the people I knew, and this was back in 2007, 2008. Lakers won the ship in 2008 - so there was bandwagon full of fickle fans that I worked with during that time.

Basically, what that fan chart (and extent of the Lakers' following) told me is that the whole country is full of bandwaggoners.

If they did that same survey in 1997-1998, I guarantee there would have been a whole lot less purple on the map and a whole bunch more red (for Bulls - just to be clear)

Last edited:
coming from a Cavs fan... even with the impending salary cap jump, Tristan may regret not taking that deal
idiot. he did that expecting his stock to rise significantly. most likely will fall tho. smh i HOPE the young brother gets more money and this pans out. but something just tells me.... 
mean.gif

I don't care if you're LeBron James or Matt Dellavedova, you have to respect your coach.

What does it say about you, the best player in the world, pushing your coach out of the way?

Basically, what that fan chart (and extent of the Lakers' following) told me is that the whole country is full of bandwaggoners.

If they did that same survey in 1997-1998, I guarantee there would have been a whole lot less purple on the map and a whole bunch more red (for Bulls - just to be clear)
QFT

thats why the 'Fan loyalty" thread was pretty much pointless.

There's no sense in debating when the overwhelming consensus is essentially that of bandwagoning and "cheer for whomever you want to", which of course there is also some truth behind.

probably posted but  
sick.gif
sick.gif
smokin.gif
this is magic hands? people gas moves too much. i did this LITERALLY this past saturday during a pick up game spur of the moment on a 2-1 fast break. this dumb basic.  i got handles but im no MONSTER on the court.

now CP3s? I can't do that one. i dont know anyone that can either. Dude dont just put a spin on the ball to get it back. He literally throws it OUT, and it comes back. Its like...half a pass. now THAT is worthy of praise. even when i use two hands and all my strength, the ball never comes back from any more than 2 feet, not to mention its not right back to my hand.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom