The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
you're comparing the career of a lifelong ref who's had many many questionable moments to the career of a ref who hasn't even completed her first season

one is being questioned by the league the other by a player

Incorrect, the question was can we name another ref who's right to be in the league was questioned. We certainly can...Crawford. First year ref, short/long career was not specified.

Holtkamp is almost a separate issue. From what's been posted its clear she's finding her way as a ref; we'll see how it turns out for her. She'll get graded like the rest and her on the job performance will determine her future.

Last edited:
Incorrect, the question was can we name another ref who's right to be in the league was questioned. We certainly can...Crawford.

You have reading comprehension problems don't you. That's not what I asked :lol:

You realize your defense is the equivalent to "no you're racist for thinking I'm racist" right? You don't need to use a slur or be 100% obvious about it.

Let's be real - CP wouldn't say this about any other ref and plenty of refs have a quick trigger on Techs.

I understand all that and I don't necessarily agree that he only made the comments he did because it was a woman. I'm fairly sure players/coaches/owners have questioned whether guys like Joey Crawford and Ken Mauer should be refs because how they hold grudges and T people up. So I don't think what CP said was completely unprecedented, man or woman involved.

you're comparing the career of a lifelong ref who's had many many questionable moments to the career of a ref who hasn't even completed her first season

Incorrect, the question was can we name another ref who's right to be in the league was questioned. We certainly can...Crawford. First year ref, short/long career was not specified.

Holtkamp is almost a separate issue. From what's been posted its clear she's finding her way as a ref; we'll see how it turns out for her. She'll get graded like the rest and her on the job performance will determine her future.
its her employers job to grade her job performance, not a player who was clearly in his feels

you dont see steph curry questioning a ref's worthiness after a terrible call knocked him out of the first round last year 

I understand all that and I don't necessarily agree that he only made the comments he did because it was a woman. I'm fairly sure players/coaches/owners have questioned whether guys like Joey Crawford and Ken Mauer should be refs because how they hold grudges and T people up. So I don't think what CP said was completely unprecedented, man or woman involved.

This is logical, but come on it's Chris Paul. Logic does not apply.

Last edited:

I don't think I've ever seen a player wonder in public where a ref should have their job. I've never seen the ref association have to come out and defend their ref. Plenty of refs get called out but not like this.

its her employers job to grade her job performance, not a player who was clearly in his feels

you dont see steph curry questioning a ref's worthiness after a terrible call knocked him out of the first round last year 
questioning the call is one thing

questioning whether she's fit for the job or not is a whole other matter. that kind of stuff don't happen with male refs. be honest

Russell Westbrook is the ultimate eye test vs numbers test guy.

From watching him play, you wouldn't be able to tell that he's a below average finisher at the rim, below average from 10 to 15 feet, and a below average 3 point shooter.

Interesting.

questioning whether she's fit for the job or not is a whole other matter. that kind of stuff don't happen with male refs. be honest

Bingo.

You have reading comprehension problems don't you. That's not what I asked :lol:

:lol:

My bad; let me state it back verbatim

Originally Posted by amel223 View Post

I wonder how many players have said publicly that refereeing wasn't for Crawford. Can you name anyone?

my previous comments stand on their own...Crawford's ability to ref has been publicly questioned...by his employer no less.

Refs get criticized all the time. Him calling her out had to do with her being a first year ref. I go back to my original statement if this was a dude, and Paul said "He" this would be a non-story.

From watching him play, you wouldn't be able to tell that he's a below average finisher at the rim, below average from 10 to 15 feet, and a below average 3 point shooter.

Interesting.

I'll give you the first 2 points, but I think everyone knows he's below average from 3.

Interesting.

Probably because it's more of a shot selection thing vs. an ability thing.

Lots of guys actually can't finish at the rim. Westbrook's numbers are because he goes to the rim so often and takes contested shots off balance. Same with everything else about him :lol:

yup, he may or may not be sexist but in the heat of the moment he singled out her gender while questioning her being right for the job. cant do that.

really poor decision making all around 

Interesting.

He's below average at the rim? :wow:

Shooting i'm not surprised at, but everytime I watch him play i feel like he's always finishing those acrobatic layups.

Lol @ thinking that rookie refs don't get worst treatment than Cp3's "this might not be for her" comment.

S*** wasn't even sexist. I had a boss tell me that when I was messing up. That's the kind of things you tell a rookie who's calling dumb T's.

This is way overblown because of the gender of the ref. Thats the media for you though

Interesting.

Yes you would. :lol:

Dude is the most high usage player in the L, he never met any shot he didn't like.

His below average finishing at the rim doesn't hurt because he opens up easy offensive rebounds most of the time while bringing 2 defenders with him.

Lol @ thinking that rookie refs don't get worst treatment than Cp3's "this might not be for her" comment.

S*** wasn't even sexist. I had a boss tell me that when I was messing up. That's the kind of things you tell a rookie who's calling dumb T's.

This is way overblown because of the gender of the ref. Thats the media for you though
There's a right dough.  Women equality is up in coming in a lot of 'male' dominated professions.

You never know, the NBA will proally have CO-ED basketball down the road.  THe league is soft, and therefore peeps like Britney Brontasaurous will feast on small guys like Aaron Brooks.

I'll give you the first 2 points, but I think everyone knows he's below average from 3.

True. And I'm not denying that. But he takes quite a bit of 3's per game, and considering his conversion rate out there, it's kind of perplexing.

Probably because it's more of a shot selection thing vs. an ability thing.

Lots of guys actually can't finish at the rim. Westbrook's numbers are because he goes to the rim so often and takes contested shots off balance. Same with everything else about him :lol:

True, but Westbrook is considered by most as a top 5 player in this league. (Not saying I agree or disagree) However he's literally below average at the rim, from midrange, and from 3. Watching him, I never realized just how many bad 3's he takes, and really how bad he was at the rim. I also thought he was better than that at the midrange area. I guess what I'm saying is the criticisms that I've seen thrown towards Westbrook are a little more justified than I thought before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom