The 2015 NBA Draft Thread: Draft Day Is Here

Milwaukee's young assets - Jabari Parker, MCW, Greek Freak, Middleton, Henson, Tyler Ennis

Minnesota's young assets - Wiggins, LaVine, Anthony Bennett, Rubio, Gorgui Dieng, Shabazz Muhammad, Adreian Payne (maybe???) 

Philadelphia's young assets - Nerleans Noel, Jerami Grant (maybe???)
Embiid? Saric? Lakers lotto pick next year? Russell? Did you just forget about those or what?
But have any of them played a single game? How are they contributing to a team's success without playing. With that logic the Timberwolves 2025 pick can used also...

it's fine to rip them for tanking, but dont act like teams haven't done this before across all different sports. it's done yearly in baseball, it's been done in the nba, it is what it is. you need to build your team through homegrown talent.

believe me i ripped hinkie and i would've ripped him again if he drafted zinger (before embiid's set back, now it's looking more reasonable) but you need to build through the draft.

Last edited:
Naw bro im just saying i think they wre doing it wrong and you think they are doing it right we agree to disagree bro

You got valid points but even you see that its blatant

the tank is what it is. i begged the knicks to shut down melo in december and embrace the tank. then got irate when they won meaningless games at the end of the year.

I'm fine with tanking but like I said, once you get a core (which I think they think they have) it's time to attempt to win.

Now if this embiid injury is bad then I'll excuse them for stinking it up for one more year

Realistically...what would you be expecting a team with a core of first and second year players to be doing?

There is no magic win button they can press. The plan is to build a foundation and then climb your way up. If the young guys show promise...then they become a lot more attractive for a FA to look at

I'm hoping they get a solid group of veterans to surround the young players with positive influence. I believe Philly is under the cap so they have more than enough money to throw at the likes of Middleton.

A core of

Noel
Embiid
Saric
Russel
+ Wroten and other veterans is pretty solid IF they all reach their potential.

I believe this is the year we will start to compete. We also have a ton of draft picks the coming years (Lakers, Heat and others) so we don't have to do the tanking ourselves anymore :lol:

The last two years have shown that the Sixers are committed to their long term strategy and were disciplined. This year we will see if management/ coaching staff really has it in them to win. This is the year where the Sixers will not be excused.

Bro im saying they will actually try to move forward like sign free agents, and you know things of that nature

While Philly most likely will sign d league players to fill the roster

Doesnt matter where they ended this season, its about where they envision themselves going the next, 1 team will try to win while 1 will try to lose... Big Difference

Here's another difference...one team is PURPOSELY doing it...yet the other one has over $100 million invested in a 31 year old so they HAVE to win now.

What part of this are you not understanding? To completely rebuild...you have to do what Phila is doing. These free agents you speak of are not going to sign to the team if they don't have something in place already. What they are doing now...is assembling a team of YOUNG HIGH DRAFT PICKS. The same way OKC did...the same way Minnesota is currently doing. You can't seem to understand that Philadelphia is not doing something that hasn't already been done. You're just mad because they're blatantly doing it...and im saying what difference does it make how they do it? It's been 2 freaking years. You're acting like this has been going on for a long amount of time.
And this is how you stay terrible and lottery team for years. Ask any GM or scouts, and they will tell you that OKC 's draft history has never been done before and most likely never be duplicated. KD is a generational talents that doesn't come but every few drafts. Harden, Green, and Westbrook all were drafted high, but the Sonics/Thunder team fielded the best team they could, and had vets like Nick Collison, etc.

The Timberwolves traded for Wiggins and Bennett, not drafted them. LaVine was the 13th pick, Muhammad was the 14th pick, and Dieng was a 2nd rounder, so let's not act like they are purposely tanking every year. They are drafting and trading SMARTLY to get the players they need, and retaining vet players like KG and Kevin Martin to aid in the future success. And most importantly their young players are PLAYING in NBA games.

What has Philly done to progress and put their best players on the COURT?

Last edited:
I think people need to understand that major LUCK is involved when you're rebuilding. I mean straight up 3-5 year rebuild plan.

The hand OKC was rewarded will most likely never happen again unless all of Minnesota's assets reach their potential.

Last edited:
Plus can you tell me the last player who went to a team for the $$ and for it being a big market and have actually won anything?

In my opinion, players who actually care about basketball and winning a championship will go to any smart organization regardless of the market size.

But have any of them played a single game? How are they contributing to a team's success without playing. With that logic the Timberwolves 2025 pick can used also...

Are they young? Would teams be interested in them if Philadelphia put them on the market? If you answered yes to both then you just described a young asset. If you answered no then you need to go back to school.

i might be in the minority but i'd rather tear down the team for 3-5 years & gain assets to form a potential winner than be a perennial 8 seed..

I'm hoping they get a solid group of veterans to surround the young players with positive influence. I believe Philly is under the cap so they have more than enough money to throw at the likes of Middleton.

A core of

Noel

Embiid

Saric

Russel

+ Wroten and other veterans is pretty solid IF they all reach their potential.

I believe this is the year we will start to compete. We also have a ton of draft picks the coming years (Lakers, Heat and others) so we don't have to do the tanking ourselves anymore
laugh.gif

The last two years have shown that the Sixers are committed to their long term strategy and were disciplined. This year we will see if management/ coaching staff really has it in them to win. This is the year where the Sixers will not be excused.

Whether they "compete" or not they'll be in the lottery next season

Agreed. But no more trading players for picks! now they gotta start signing NBA free agents and not NBDL and not try to get worse.

i might be in the minority but i'd rather tear down the team for 3-5 years & gain assets to form a potential winner than be a perennial 8 seed..
all it takes is one minor change to form a potential winner

Hawks went from 8th to 1st and they didn't have major changes.

People fail to realize theres ways to become a contender without tanking

I'm pro-tank, but pro-choice too yknow

Are they young? Would teams be interested in them if Philadelphia put them on the market? If you answered yes to both then you just described a young asset. If you answered no then you need to go back to school.
But at this point they are intangible.... Saric and Embiid may be the next Bird and the Dream, but if your in Europe or injured, your not contributing to direct success. IMO your not an assets until you play.

But it takes more than a bunch of first round picks. The Kings been picking in the lottery for eons and are on pace to be there for eons more.

kings fired a really good young head coach for no reason. their ownership/management are morons. hinkie could very well be an idiot, but i wanna see how dumb he is first before calling him an idiot.

kings fired a really good young head coach for no reason. their ownership/management are morons. hinkie could very well be an idiot, but i wanna see how dumb he is first before calling him an idiot.
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/sixers/Sixers-trade-MCW-MCDaniels.html

The franchise sent Carter-Williams, last season’s rookie of the year, to the Milwaukee Bucks as part of a three-way deal.

Meanwhile, the Sixers shipped rookie K.J. McDaniels to the Houston Rockets in exchange for Isaiah Canaan and a second-rounder.

This is all the proof you need. 
roll.gif

I don't really see why it's so hard to understand that you can completely tear down a team without doing it the way Philly did. They've been fielding an entire roster of D-Leaguers. You can rebuild - you can tank - you can purposefully lose games without going THAT far. Why do Hinkie fans freak out when you make this point?

im not even a fan of dude but if i was blowing up a team, i'd be doing it that way. now maybe i keep mcw, but I'm still blowing it up to that magnitude. why would i want extra salary as i win 20 games?

Right. I'm not sure but I can't think of a successful rebuild that went all out and just blew up everything let alone 2 or more seasons in a row. What championship team has ever been built like this?

Last edited:
I think Myles Turner can be solid in the league if he gets good coaching ...he got some interesting skills but no development

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/sixers/Sixers-trade-MCW-MCDaniels.html

The franchise sent Carter-Williams, last season’s rookie of the year, to the Milwaukee Bucks as part of a three-way deal.

Meanwhile, the Sixers shipped rookie K.J. McDaniels to the Houston Rockets in exchange for Isaiah Canaan and a second-rounder.

This is all the proof you need. :rofl:

1. MCW isn't that good. Russell and Mudiay are both way better prospects than him and we got the Lakers first rounder next year as long as they aren't in the top 3.

2. KJ McDaniels isn't that good, and probably wasn't going to sign back with them next year. I really, really like Canaan as our backup point guard.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom