The 2015 NBA Draft Thread: Draft Day Is Here

That white chick Randle got in that pic look like she got some freak in her :evil:

And besides both being light skinned idk y Russel and curry are compared to each other

Last edited:
Will not tolerate any KAT slander, leave my Jersey boy alone, no sugar in his tank!
-7da0f2ab67af29e1.JPG

Randle will be a more athletic ZBo IMO... Not a bad thing as long as he is put in the right situation. Like ZBo in Memphis instead of NY.

Forgive me if I sound like a hater but IMO a Randle/Okafor front court has ZBo/Eddy Curry potential. I mean, they could also totally become a dominant force, but I think if you want to talk about their upside, it would be ignorant to overlook the ZBo/Eddy Curry downside as well.

depending on the proven player..... I don't mind this 

6th pick + Stauskas + Thompson for 7th + Lawson + Faried

What if the proven player is Jeff Green? :nerd:

6th pick + one of your bad contracts for Jeff Green and #25. It will happen because its the Kings, right? Run that athletic frontcourt lineup with Green, Gay and Cousins :lol:

Last edited:
Jah and Julius are with the Lakers and not the Knicks which automatically absolves them from that comparison. NY is where basketball careers go to die.
Yeah you right. The Knicks are what made players like Eddy Curry and JR Smith losers. 
indifferent.gif

Yeah you right. The Knicks are what made players like Eddy Curry and JR Smith losers. :stoneface:

It's a toxic environment and has been for at least 15 years now. Z-Bo goes to Memphis and becomes an All Star player. When you're around constant dysfunction and am incompetent owner, it affects your game.

Last edited:
Channing fry, 2nd round pick and a 2020 1st rounder for the Kings pick ? [emoji]128064[/emoji]

Proven stretch big , Alotta leadership qualities :pimp:

It's a toxic environment and has been for at least 15 years now. Z-Bo goes to Memphis and becomes an All Star player. When you're around constant dysfunction and am incompetent owner, it affects your game.
The Knicks have been a dysfunctional organization. I wont deny that. But it is because they put their faith in dysfunctional players, not the other way around. Yes management/Dolan has been "toxic," but it all comes down to them putting their faith in dysfunctional players.

This is a player driven league. Putting on a Knicks jersey doesnt make a player suck. The Knicks have just put dysfunctional players in Knicks jerseys, thus making the entire organization "toxic." If that makes sense. 
laugh.gif

I said during Z Bo's entire time in New York that I liked his game. That I thought he could could be a very effective player in this league, as long as a team hides his glaring weaknesses and compliments his strengths. Like what Memphis has done. Similar to how I always loved Jamal Crawford and always thought he could be very effective/valuable as a contending team's 6th man (he later won 6th man of the year), just that he was pretty bad as a #1 option on the Knicks. It wasnt the Knicks that made these players not succeed. It was the Knicks putting them in bad positions to succeed. This can happen with any team in the NBA. And it does all the time.

In order for ZBo to find success he needed to first and foremost be paired alongside a center who doesnt need the ball in his hands to succeed and covers him defensively. Eddy Curry was atrocious defensively and a black hole on offense. Gasol is a willing and gifted passer and a DPOY defender.

This is why ZBo didnt succeed in NY. Yes, it was 100% our bad (Isiah's bad) expecting ZBo to coexist with Eddy Curry, but that would have been the case on any team. I am not saying that it will happen, but I think that pairing Randle with Okafor could have a similar type of potential downside.

I like Randle as a player but he is one dimensional and ball dominating offensively and not a great defender. His strengths are scoring (mostly to his left) and rebounding. ZBo was/is the exact same way. This could still be effective if you pair him with a center who compensates for his weaknesses.

Okafor has a lot of Eddy Curry in him IMO. I hate to make that comparison because I do think Okafor can be a very successful player in this league, but he has some similarities. I think that you either do not know Eddy Curry, or are trying too hard to ride on the Okafor bandwagon, if you fail to see any resemblance in him to Curry.

Both were top ranked Chicago prospects with defensive limitations and a one dimensional ball dominating style of offense. A major advantage in Okafor (in addition to not being a lazy fat ******* piece of ****) is that he is a far better passer than Curry ever was. This should help him and Randle coexist. But like Okafor, Curry was projected to have a revolutionary type of post game and people tried to compare him to Shaq coming out of high school. And both are poor defenders (Curry was definitely worse though and a much worse bounder).

I'm not saying that I think Randle and Okafor will be Z Bo and Curry. I don't think that. I'm just saying that a ZBo/Curry frontcourt was destined for failure, and that had nothing to do with the Knicks. IMO Randle/Okafor have a similar type of downside in that they arent a great fit and their strengths/weaknesses both resemble ZBo/Curry. I'm just saying to acknowledge that. If you want to talk about their "sky is the limit" upside, than I will bring up theirn ZBo/Curry like downside. You cant have it both ways.

Likely, like with most comparisons made about prospects, they will fall somewhere in between. Whichever side of the spectrum they skew closest to will determine their eventual success/failure as a frontcourt tandem.

Last edited:
NBA Draft buzz: Knicks mull Frank Kaminsky, even at No. 4

The Knicks are holding their usual predraft meeting on Monday, and they, like many around the league, are asking the same question: How high will and NCAA player of the year Frank Kaminsky go?

The Knicks had the Wisconsin big man in for dinner and a workout late last week and came away impressed. While there has been speculation that the Knicks would like to trade down in order to take Kaminsky, they haven’t found a willing partner for a deal.

Kaminsky would not have gone to New York unless the interest from the Knicks was real. And he was assured that it was, that the team would not waste his time or theirs unless there was a chance he would wind up with the Knicks.

That’s why one of the topics of discussion at the Knicks meeting was bucking conventional wisdom, passing on guards D’Angelo Russell and/or Emmanuel Mudiay and taking Kaminsky — whose versatility makes him a natural fit in the triangle offense — with the fourth overall pick, two league sources told Sporting News. If they do pass on the two guards expected to be on the board, the Knicks are also considering Willie Cauley-Stein and Justise WInslow with the No. 4 pick, though Cauley-Stein appears to be slipping.

Kaminsky spent Monday in Sacramento working out for the Kings, who are said to be unwilling to trade their pick.

“He’s a coach’s dream, he’s a dessert,” NBA scouting director Ryan Blake said. “He’s a guy that can score, rebound, block shots, make plays, an effort player, unselfish. Although his athleticism is not elite as far as explosiveness and quickness, what he does with and without the ball is what a coach and teammates desire. He has that maturity and experience, and the guy keeps developing. He keeps getting better.”

The Suns had talks with the Knicks about dealing the fourth pick for point guard Eric Bledsoe and the No. 13 pick, but Phoenix has not been limited to the Knicks in that regard. The Suns have been dangling Bledsoe in trade offers this offseason and are likely to continue to do so after the draft if Bledsoe is not moved this week, sources confirmed.

Kaminsky is among the Suns’ targets in the draft, but there is some question as to whether he will still be around at No. 13. Kaminsky had a good workout and meeting with Indiana, which picks No. 11. Kaminsky has not worked out with any teams beyond the 13th pick.

Wing-hunting

There are several quality big men in this draft, but with many teams looking to add wings, six players loom large in how things shake out in the lottery: Mario Hezonja, Justise Winslow, Devin Booker, Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker and Kelly Oubre.

There has been a rumor that the Magic, at No. 5, have zeroed in on Hezonja with their pick, though the same has been said of Duke’s Justise Winslow. The Pistons (No. 8), Hornets (9) and Heat (10) are all hoping to add wings, but their choices will be affected by what Sacramento (No. 6) and Denver (7) do ahead of them.

Sacramento would like to add guard Emmanuel Mudiay, and the Nuggets could either go big with Cauley-Stein or target shooting, with Hezonja, Winslow or Booker the most likely candidates.

That puts Stanley Johnson and Booker in Detroit’s sights at No. 8, with one of those two, plus Oubre and Dekker on Charlotte’s board at No. 9. The Hornets were focused on big men before acquiring Spencer Hawes in a trade for Lance Stephenson.

The Heat then could be in position to pick from whichever wings are left over, and given the logjam at the position, they should be left with good choices.

More important is the effect the glut of wings will have on big men. Some combination of highly regarded prospects like Myles Turner, Trey Lyles and Bobby Portis could slip out of the lottery.
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/sto...sky-wisconsin-dangelo-russell-emmanuel-mudiay

Those conclusions are based on college. You know..an actual broad sample size and the only thing at this moment to go on.

How can you disprove that with your whopping 14 minutes of NBA play?

Thought so.

What are you even saying?

Back
Top Bottom