The 2015 NBA Draft Thread: Draft Day Is Here

Tough to categorize an international player. Like embiid is clearly and international player to me. Even though he came over at 16 and played college ball here. Same with Ben Simmons.

While I see Mudiay as an American player because he came here at 6. It's tough.

Idk where to draw the line...but you kind of just "know". Think it has to do with how "Americanized" a player is...and how long he's been here.

So Dikembe, Linas Kleiza, Hakeem etc aren't considered international to some of you?

Always thought that was clear.

So Dikembe, Linas Kleiza, Hakeem etc aren't considered international to some of you?

Always thought that was clear.
This is what I said. I'm clearly on the left side of the fence with this one by the responses I've gotten since I posed the question.

But we're talking basketball here, not citizenship. If your only experience with the game of basketball is in America you are an American prospect imo

Last edited:
laugh.gif
 So if you grow up elsewhere and play CBB here, then you aren't international? That's amazing. 

Tough to categorize an international player. Like embiid is clearly and international player to me. Even though he came over at 16 and played college ball here. Same with Ben Simmons.

While I see Mudiay as an American player because he came here at 6. It's tough.

Idk where to draw the line...but you kind of just "know". Think it has to do with how "Americanized" a player is...and how long he's been here.
If Simmons actually played HS ball in the states dude is not international. Come on now

So was Kobe international too

Yall are arguing different points.

This started after dude posted the numbers on international prospects in the lottery.

While technically...yes you're considered international if you aren't an American...there's a clear differenence between how we view guys that come over here and play HS and ncaa basketball versus international prospects that are coming over from professional European leagues.

Like there's a clear difference in how we view Andrew Wiggins and someone like Jan Veseley.

Last edited:

This started after dude posted the numbers on international prospects in the lottery.

While technically...yes you're considered international if you aren't an American...there's a clear differenence between how we view guys that come over here and play HS and ncaa basketball versus international prospects that are coming over from professional European leagues.

Like there's a clear difference in how we view Andrew Wiggins and someone like Jan Veseley.
Both are still international prospects. 

How so? Wiggins is viewed as an international talent, same as Veseley. Only difference is we had a bigger sample size to analyze Wiggins than we did Vesely. Otherwise, what's the difference between the two?

Both are still international prospects. 

That's exactly what I just said.

I'm speaking from an EVALUATION point of view. There's a difference how we view guys that play HS/aau/college vs dudes coming from euro leagues where we don't have the luxury of following them the same way.

Last edited:
That's exactly what I just said.

I'm speaking from an EVALUATION point of view. There's a difference how we view guys that play HS/say/baca vs dudes coming from euro leagues where we don't have the luxury of following them the same way.
Exactly, if you view Dominique Wilkins and Kristap to both be international prospects, you have to recognize there is a culture that comes with being brought up in that system and just being born somewhere outside of the states.

Last edited:
Exactly, if you view Dominique Wilkins and Kristap to both be international prospects, you have to recognize there is a culture that comes with being brought up in that system and just being born somewhere outside of the states.

I don't even know what angle y'all are debating for anymore :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom