THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

teams have private jets now while teams in the 70s and 80s were riding school busses and taking economy class while playing 82 games a year

players need to quit crying 
I don't think a lot of players beef with 82 games is the travel, I think its the injuries.

It takes him 2 days to get that shot up though.

Practice is still going to be the only place he's taking jumpers.
Guaranteed DJ does absolutely none of that next season.
It's like kids seeing clips of crazy dibblers/dunkers and they say, "he's the best ever, did you see that mess"

My little newphew thinks this kid below could beat KD, and he is dead serious. Bless his heart. 

Last edited:
hoopsmixtape and ballislife is the reason these kids turn into mediocre players or never make the league

they hype them up with these highlights and that makes these kids think they're better than they really are

i remember quincy miller being the next kd 
mean.gif

It's like kids seeing clips of crazy dibblers/dunkers and they say, "he's the best ever, did you see that mess"

My little newphew thinks this kid below could beat KD, and he is dead serious. Bless his heart. 

That kids handles are pretty ******* legit for 13 though. Does that mean he'll wind up in the league? Who knows. Do I think its cool that people are making highlight vids of kids 13 (and younger)? Not at all. But that kid has some talent for sure.

And I think people who really love the game and really learn it eventually get past the Hoop Mix Tape, Team Flight Bros, BS and recognize what really makes players good. We have a lot of young cats on here that are able to see past that stuff. It just takes a little while.

And, really, its not anything new. I think back to when I was 13 and for sure wanted to think that the young players who were getting hyped up were the next big thing and could possibly better than the existing NBA players. Only difference was it was much harder to find out about those kind of guys.

Last edited:
hoopsmixtape and ballislife is the reason these kids turn into mediocre players or never make the league

they hype them up with these highlights and that makes these kids think they're better than they really are

i remember quincy miller being the next kd :smh:

Hell no man lol.

AD, John Wall, Kyrie, etc were all Hoopmixtape/Ballislife stars. The first time we saw Wiggins was on Hoopmixtape where he was billed as a dunking 13 year old :Rollin. Wall to this day has the best Hoopmixtape ever.

Q Miller would've been a poor mans KD had he not totally messed up his knees heading into his SR season. Smh.

He lost ALOT of explosiveness

kids handles are legit for 13...he's also like 5'7. KD could just lay it up 11 straight times.

kid is effortless with the ball though.

I'm looking at the comment section for Andrew Wiggins Hoopmixtape when he was 13, and it's filled with haters saying he will never make the league because all he does is dunks, and jealous pre-teens :rofl:.

The title of the video is Best 8th grader in the world, and some of the comments ask "who would've thought he'd be the #1 pick someday?"

Like it was really far-fetched for a basketball prodigy to make the NBA lol.

Hell no man lol.

AD, John Wall, Kyrie, etc were all Hoopmixtape/Ballislife stars. The first time we saw Wiggins was on Hoopmixtape where he was billed as a dunking 13 year old :Rollin. Wall to this day has the best Hoopmixtape ever.

Q Miller would've been a poor mans KD had he not totally messed up his knees heading into his SR season. Smh.

He lost ALOT of explosiveness
for every ad, john wall kyrie, wiggins etc,  there was a austin rivers, shabbaz Muhammad, quincy miller, deuce bello, scotty hopson, josh selby, marquise teague getting the same hype and having highlights that made them look like the next nba stars 

q miller was never explosive or had the handles to even be a poor mans kd

Watching Wall's tape, you woulda thought he was going to be the greatest player ever. :lol:

Son was absolutely torching kids in HS.

I can't call dudes failures that make it to the league. If you're watching a ball is life tape thinking all these youngins are future superstars than you are doing it wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom