THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Was this supposed to be a Jordan Brand commercial? I'm shocked they let that music play with the language and had the Jumpman logo everywhere 

Blake is gold son, GOLD

Last edited:

It's a shame it became cool to hate Blake and Cp3.

Two of the better dudes in the league that produce.
Once  IF they produce a second round win I think they'll get off the hook a bit
fixed

blake hate is not that strong, its only because of the flopping

cp0 is the most overrated player in the league however 

Last edited:
My use of "once" was meant to be equated to "if" 

I agree on Blake too

The Blake hate actually shifted to cp3. It's comical.

In 2012...all of the pundits, Internet, and media were calling BG "soft". Saying he was the reason the clippers wouldn't win because he was getting "punked" by Zbo. When in actuality none of this was true. And who could remember the loud "All he could do is dunk" crowd when he was averaging 21 11 & 4 thru 3 years in the leagye.

You got people that were mad at the stare downs, saying he sucked because he averaged 19 & 8 in 32mpg. Etc etc.

It's not until the cp3 hate snowball started, and Blake continued to improve that perception eased up on him. And Blake is still plenty hated lol.

Blake did get heat in the past for not being well rounded, but that changed when.... he became.... more well rounded

I think folks more criticize him because he DOES THE MOST in terms of flopping, drawing fouls and acting. Of course 99% of players embellish but Blake takes it to another level

Last edited:
80% of hate is caused by fans who overrate/overhype a player

then there are just terrible human beings that deserve to be hated on for the rest of their lives like ryan hollins 

I think gilbert cries himself to sleep every nite. One of them "all I have is money" type dudes. I can see thru him, he's miserable inside

if my memory serves me correctly, he's never the first person to bring up his money. it's hard for me to imagine hibachi being miserable, if anything the only thing that kills him is having his career cut short due to injuries.

Last edited:
Blake did get heat in the past for not being well rounded, but that changed when.... he became.... more well rounded

I think folks more criticize him because he DOES THE MOST in terms of flopping, drawing fouls and acting. Of course 99% of players embellish but Blake takes it to another level

I think it's ridiculous to suggest that a 22yr old star player who was noticeably improving and producing was not well rounded....or not showing flashes of becoming a well rounded player shortly.

It's almost like everyone expected Blake to have a 22footer and Hakeem like post moves by age 22.

For those that paid attention, Blake always could pass, move his feet...and score in the post. Most rationale people realized extending his range was all but a formality.

@ChrisMannixSI
The NBA has fined the Clippers $250,000 for violating rules prohibiting offering players (D. Jordan) unauthorized business/investment opps.

‏@MarkG_Medina
NBA announced it has fined Clippers $25,000 for including a potential third-part endorsement during DeAndre Jordan pitch

‏@ramonashelburne
The violation involved a presentation to DeAndre Jordan on July 2 that improperly included a potential third-party endorsement opportunity

@ramonashelburne
Essentially, teams can only offer a contract to a free agent. Any other potential endorsement is considered to be circumventing the CBA

@ramonashelburne
The NBA’s investigation concluded that the presentation of this opportunity had no impact on Jordan’s decision to re-sign with the Clippers

@ramonashelburne
But, including it in a presentation was a violation of the anti-circumvention rules. Hence the fine.

Here comes the bashing again......

Last edited:
blake was getting that anthony davis treatment back in 2011-13 except he was hated because his dunks were glamorized over his skillset

Haven't the Lakers been bringing in Time Warner people to their FA pitch meetings ever since their new TV deal went into effect?

More Bradley Beal talk:

Bradley Beal and the Wizards are reportedly at an impasse in contract-extension negotiations.

J. Michael of CSN Washington:

Bradley Beal has made it clear. He thinks he’s a max player, and that’s what he wants. I’ve talked to people on both sides all offseason about this. It seems to be Bradley Beal’s decision. The Wizards are willing to make him an offer an extension. But they’re not going to offer him the maximum extension right now simply because they don’t have to.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....-wizards-arent-willing-to-giving-him-one-now/

Last edited:
Yes they have.

And they've also been pretty opening about pushing the idea of endorsement/TV opportunities in LA to FAs, I thought. I guess if you just keep it general and don't make any specific endorsement offers in a meeting, its ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom