THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He'd be the first to reference that at least. So that's good.

Most people reference the Game 7 finals shot as if it gave the Lakers the lead.
Really? I'm pretty sure I'm not the first to reference that Ron Artest shot 
laugh.gif

And if anything, you can also give tremendous credit to Pau and Artest for playing well in game 7 since Kobe "contributed in other ways" besides his shooting 

Celtics defense "slowed down" pau more than they slowed down kobe in that series though

Last edited:
Celtics defense "slowed down" pau more than they slowed down kobe in that series though
I guess? Pau shot 48% averaged 18.6 and 11.6, 2.6 blocks a game

I for one had Kobe winning that finals MVP though
The difference between his season fg% and finals fg% was greater than kobes. He also had a lower ft% in the finals (than his season %) while kobes ft% went up.

Of course a big man is going to shoot a higher % but when you compare the numbers to their respective averages pau struggled more than kobe

With all that being said pau still out played kg and was great that series.

The difference between his season fg% and finals fg% was greater than kobes. He also had a lower ft% in the finals (than his season %) while kobes ft% went up.

Of course a big man is going to shoot a higher % but when you compare the numbers to their respective averages pau struggled more than kobe

With all that being said pau still out played kg and was great that series.
Dude, I don't care about any of that stuff 
laugh.gif
 especially FT %
laugh.gif
 I was responding to your point of the Celtics "slowing down Pau more than Kobe"

Was Boston not supposed to be an elite defense? I mean, you'd expect percentages to go down, especially when you've reached the Finals and you're playing a group like Boston

I don't really see how Pau struggled more than Kobe but that's besides the point. I myself had Kobe winning Finals MVP so everything else is moot  

Just putting the fax out there for the people who don't know any better.

The main argument for the pau for mvp is that the celtics defense held him to a low shooting % when in fact paus shooting % saw more of a decrease than kobes

Basically the same hater logic as people saying wade should have won finals MVP over some random pointless stat

The main argument for the pau for mvp is that the celtics defense held him to a low shooting % when in fact paus shooting % saw more of a decrease than kobes

Basically the same hater logic as people saying wade should have won finals MVP over some random pointless stat
Pau's regular season FG% was 53.6%, his Finals was 47.8%

Kobe's regular season FG% was 45.6%, his Finals was 40.5%

What kind of facts are you speaking of 

Kobe led the team in scoring but shot 40 percent that series.

Pau led the team in shooting, played more minutes, had more rebounds, more blocks,had less turnovers, had less assist.

Pau had a legitimate claim to the 2010 NBA Finals MVP.

Last edited:
Kobe led the team in scoring but shot 40 percent that series.

Pau led the team in shooting, played more minutes, had more rebounds, more blocks,had less turnovers, had less assist.

Pau had a legitimate claim to the 2010 NBA Finals MVP.
A lot of folks say Pau should have won. I still give it to Kobe because he was initiating everything, I felt like he really was the puppet master 

Pau's regular season FG% was 53.6%, his Finals was 47.8%
Kobe's regular season FG% was 45.6%, his Finals was 40.5%

What kind of facts are you speaking of 
53.6-47.8= 5.8%

45.6-40.5 = 5.1%

Paus fg% dropped more than kobes

I only speak cold hard facts

D fish is a legend

Better basketball player and human being than anyone tim Duncan has ever played with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom