THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hornets got smashed in a game by like 60 points .
laugh.gif
I thought you were exaggerating 
roll.gif

Unfortunately Clippers will lose to OKC in the playoffs and Chester will continue to slander CP3 and I won't even be able to defend him anymore.

Honestly Paul's only hope is Russ getting hurt, otherwise there is no way anybody handles him, KD, Ibaka in a 7 game series.

Another muck up when NT's favorite Courtney Lee missed that lay up in the finals :smh:

I vaguely remember Pau goaltending or fouling him too. He's never recovered from that :smh:

Derrick Fisher's near half court 3 to send the game to OT in game 3 was the dagger. I just knew it was going in. Remember shouting at Jameer to press up on D-Fish.

Smh.

Last edited:
09' Nuggets are one of the best teams to never win it.

If Kenyon Martin doesn't foul Kobe up 1 with 30 seconds left. Then gets his inbound pass stolen...we woulda went to the finals and washed Orlando. Still blows me to this day.

Kobe Vs Melo was a lot of fun to watch though.
Another muck up when NT's favorite Courtney Lee missed that lay up in the finals :smh:

What was your screen name before this one? I remember People were calling him a future all star and compared him to John Starks :lol:

I vaguely remember Pau goaltending or fouling him too. He's never recovered from that
mean.gif

Derrick Fisher's near half court 3 to send the game to OT in game 3 was the dagger. I just knew it was going in. Remember shouting at Jameer to press up on D-Fish.

Smh.
What was your screen name before this one? I remember People were calling him a future all star and compared him to John Starks
laugh.gif
@:21

It was something carrabba

We won't appreciate this dude until he is dead and gone. He gets a lot of grief but me personally, don't enjoy watching anyone on the offensive end since Jordan retired.
Ton of respect for you recognizing greatness.

Dudes sit here and call Melo overrated when they don't realize they're overrating him by expecting him to be something he isn't. He's one of the best pure scorers the game has ever seen.

Ton of respect for you recognizing greatness.

Dudes sit here and call Melo overrated when they don't realize they're overrating him by expecting him to be something he isn't. He's one of the best pure scorers the game has ever seen.

Real Rap.

Him and Dwight are the same in that sense. HOF guys that never get the respect they deserve. Melo is a pure scorer. Will likely retire with one of the highest career averages and finish high on the all time scoring list. Too much scrutiny in this era sometimes.

Dwight is a two-way player, defensive juggernaut with career averages of 18, 12 & 3....Finals appearance, Been to the conference finals 3x. 3 straight DPOY awards, All NBA, All Star etc..etc. But because he isn't averaging 28 & 15, and Kobe doesn't like him...he now supposedly sucks? :smh:

Real Rap.

Him and Dwight are the same in that sense. HOF guys that never get the respect they deserve. Melo is a pure scorer. Will likely retire with one of the highest career averages and finish high on the all time scoring list. Too much scrutiny in this era sometimes.

Dwight is a two-way player, defensive juggernaut with career averages of 18, 12 & 3....Finals appearance, Been to the conference finals 3x. 3 straight DPOY awards, All NBA, All Star etc..etc. But because he isn't averaging 28 & 15, and Kobe doesn't like him...he now supposedly sucks?
mean.gif
A number of folks believe Shaq underachieved so imagine what they think of guys like Dwight and Melo

I just don't get these cats who say Melo is overrated. The hell do you want him to do? He's a pure scorer who can drop 50 on any given night. Not his fault he's never played in a concrete system and the last few years his ****** coaches have asked him to bail them out.

I think Melo is a great talent, probably HOF?

I would have liked to see him become a bit of a better defender as well as a bit of a better playmaker for others (especially with his ability on the block)

Last edited:
Can someone explain to me what a "pure scorer" is? Is that just code for a dude who can only score? Are kobe, KD, Lebron, Harde, Curry etc. not pure scorers?

Shaq only underachieved because of the toe injuries and he didn't care about staying in shape.

He was the second most naturally talented center after Hakeeem IMO.

And his body was 1 in a billion, he and Wilt are the only giants with that type of speed that we've seen.

His career is still amazing regardless, the MIA years his mini resurgence in PHX. :pimp:

And when he was on the Magic and Lakers he was either the best(2000) or one of the top 3 players in the world.

Last edited:

I would have liked to see him become a bit of a better defender as well as a bit of a better playmaker for others (especially with his ability on the block)
He's shown an ability to pass but it hasn't always shown up in his assist numbers. Lot of guys just bricked his assist opportunities past couple of years. But yeah, in the triangle, he should be able to pass out of the post effectively.

Can someone explain to me what a "pure scorer" is? Is that just code for a dude who can only score? Are kobe, KD, Lebron, Harde, Curry etc. not pure scorers?
pure scorer is a dude who can get buckets with ease. Kobe, etc. are pure scorers. Kawhi on the other hand is not.

Melo is a HOF'er IMO, he'll score more than enough points to get in.

He'll never win anything but he deserves to get in just on how elite of a scorer he is.

Done very well in the Olympics, triumphant collegiate career (from a championship standpoint), one of the best scorers in the NBA during his generation. Single handed lay made the nuggets a playoff team upon his arrival. Definite hof'er.

Last edited:
You guys dropped the ball on that HOF bait

"Mitch Richmond"... was the answer....

Always. :lol:

Melo's scoring way more elite than Mitch, he's really done amazing things offensively.

If he just cared more about defense and playmaking he really could have been an all timer, you could tell the game always came so easy to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom